running normal stem on a 23 orbea wild

nobbyq

Feb 17, 2019
jersey
anyone used the Orbea part that allows this , how does it affect the spin block thingy etc ? ive got carbon bars in 31.8 and don't fancy buying new for 150 quid as they only take 35mm on the stock wild stem

Chiefworm

Dec 27, 2021
United Kingdom
I have done it, will post a close up pic tomorrow if you wanted. My frame is XL so the knock block is void anyway. Disconnecting brakes, dropper and gears is a faff but once done it’s done! Way better options than the horrific split standard spacers and mandatory stem!

IMG_8111.jpeg

markloch

May 14, 2021
NorCal
Close ups would be great, thanks. I should be getting my bike in the next couple of days, we’ll see if I need some rise either bars or stem.

markloch

May 14, 2021
NorCal
Thanks. Looks pretty clean and presumably less a PITA that the stock puzzle set. Where’s the wire from the thumb switch?

Have you ever pulled a cable through downtube? My Urrun doesn’t a dropper; I’ve got one in hand to install, wondering if the space between the top of the battery and the downtube is adequate to pull an outer cable through (with the aid of a cable-pulling kit) and then up the seat tube. I read of complaints about cable rattle in the downtube so I’m thinking maybe there’s room. Or just bite the bullet and pull the motor and battery (as I’ve done several times on my Rail).

Chiefworm

Dec 27, 2021
United Kingdom
Thanks. Looks pretty clean and presumably less a PITA that the stock puzzle set. Where’s the wire from the thumb switch?

Have you ever pulled a cable through downtube? My Urrun doesn’t a dropper; I’ve got one in hand to install, wondering if the space between the top of the battery and the downtube is adequate to pull an outer cable through (with the aid of a cable-pulling kit) and then up the seat tube. I read of complaints about cable rattle in the downtube so I’m thinking maybe there’s room. Or just bite the bullet and pull the motor and battery (as I’ve done several times on my Rail).
Far far less hassle than the dreadful split lunacy it comes with. The bike should come like this as standard. The remote is bluetooth so no cable. Dropper cable runs in the down tube but I have yet to replace one on the bike.. I have zero rattles, in fact it’s virtually silent!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles