Battery Extender for ‘23 Orbea Wild (?!)

Jpzeroday

Sep 16, 2018
Nevada
Noticed in the news RE the new Bosch SX motor that a new range extender was announced…AND that that extender would work with the CX Motor/Battery systems.

Does anyone know if the Wild will support the extended battery mounting and wiring? I did notice that there is a tear-drop shaped plastic port cover just above the bottle cage area in the frame…wondered if that was to support a future extended battery?

Adding the PowerMore 250 extended battery would give us 1000wh…opening up 40+ mile full boost rides and 50+ in EMTB Mode. Heck with a second extended battery in the pack, true Epic rides in full boost with tacky tires (like a Assegai SuperSoft up front) becomes possible.

For me, this would be the killer enhancement for what is already an awesome bike.

I’m imaging being able to hit any IMBA Epic in the USA with only the added 2kg of a second extender in my pack…i.e. big iconic rides like the Monarch Crest in CO, the Wasatch in UT, Bear/Dr Park in Crested Butte, full self supported loops in Downieville, perhaps even a full pedal of the Whole Enchilada in Moab (70 miles and 8k’ of climbing)…

BIG-DUKE-6

Feb 21, 2023
Usa
I want to get a jumper cable to run a full size battery in my pack to the charge port . Maybe a break away connector in the middle somewhere. Orbea/Bosch ?!?! Are you listening?

Jpzeroday

Sep 16, 2018
Nevada
Does anyone know if the new Bosch Powermore 250wh extended battery will work with the ‘23 Wild?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles