Roll Call: New Zealand Based EMTB Riders

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Hey Everyone,

I've recently moved to Hallbergmoos, near to Munich. Relocated from Fort Worth, Texas after a 4 year expat from England.

Got my first ebike coming tomorrow, a Decoy Elite. Can't wait to get out on it. Anyone got any local trail advice? Or better still, if you're heading out, do you mind if I join you?
Haha, And you post that in the Kiwi thread!!
Yes I have tons of trail info. You are only 30 minutes away from where I live (46KM.. bless the German autobahns).
On the Isar river which runs near you, there are tons of fun trails. I haven't been as far up as Halbergmoos, though I'm sure there are trails there.
South of Munich the Isar trails are quite famous, and I read the second longest single trail in Germany. Though there is currenty a bit of a dispute over access rights. Also at this time of the year they cam be very boggy but definitely fun.
Depending on how far you want to travel to a location, there are thousands of great places to ride. I do a ride most weekends, and almost never the same place twice. My recomendation is to get Komoot, and look at what is around your area.

Last edited:

Hale_Storming

Oct 14, 2020
Munich, Germany
Haha, And you post that in the Kiwi thread!!
Yes I have tons of trail info. You are only 30 minutes away from where I live (46KM.. bless the German autobahns).
On the Isar river which runs near you, there are tons of fun trails. I haven't been as far up as Halbergmoos, though I'm sure there are trails there.
South of Munich the Isar trails are quite famous, and I read the second longest single trail in Germany. Though there is currenty a bit of a dispute over access rights. Also at this time of the year they cam be very boggy but definitely fun.
Depending on how far you want to travel to a location, there are thousands of great places to ride. I do a ride most weekends, and almost never the same place twice. My recomendation is to get Komoot, and look at what is around your area.
Thanks mate, and sorry to hijack this thread, i simply searched for Munich and your thread was the first to pop up.

Checking out Komoot now, you're right, theres loads of trails to go at.

Thanks again mate.

The Claw NZ

Feb 11, 2020
New Zealand
I’m very lucky to have such a choice of great riding locally and within an hours drive but I’m excited about this proposal too.
Had a yarn to them today actually. Good people, I hope it goes well for them as I feel like some structure and planning/control of trails etc will benefit the whole mountain biking community

The Claw NZ

Feb 11, 2020
New Zealand
Rude Rock track Coronet Peak, Queenstown - Did it today with my daughters. Is it the most scenic track in NZ or what?!!!!
I'm slightly biased but I think Bike Glendhu is more scenic. Especially Upper Baywatch from Falcons Nest. I really want to get over to Coronet and ride Rude Rock and Hot Rod in 1 hit. Been a few years since I've ridden Rude Rock

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
I'm slightly biased but I think Bike Glendhu is more scenic. Especially Upper Baywatch from Falcons Nest. I really want to get over to Coronet and ride Rude Rock and Hot Rod in 1 hit. Been a few years since I've ridden Rude Rock
Hmmm down here on holiday for a week so worth a trip over to check it out you think? It's different riding down here compared to Nelson - I'm used to riding with the brakes on all the time - Also, are googles compulsory down here or something- everyone up at skyline was wearing them?

The Claw NZ

Feb 11, 2020
New Zealand
Hmmm down here on holiday for a week so worth a trip over to check it out you think? It's different riding down here compared to Nelson - I'm used to riding with the brakes on all the time - Also, are googles compulsory down here or something- everyone up at skyline was wearing them?
Definitely worth a visit! Even for the cafe and beer, let alone the riding! Glendhu has a mixture of green, flowing blue/tech trails, a couple of black lines and a 1.7km long jump line as well as a 440m long dual slalom track. Plenty for everyone. Got around 35km of trails built now (hopefully opening a 1.6km tech blue in the next day or 2). I ride my ebike there quite a bit but also doing a 3 hour shuttle on boxing day on my analog bike. Got a fleet of Whyte E150/E160 and T130 bikes there for hire but they will be in hot demand over Xmas so worth booking if needed.

I'm an owner/director so take everything I say with a grain of salt

RowanTheKiwi

Feb 8, 2021
New Zealand
DSC_0759.JPG

Some of the local class graffiti in my home away from home (Rotorua)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles