Roll Call: New Zealand Based EMTB Riders

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
Yeah I really like the Lyrik coming from the Fox 36 on my old Trance e+, so plush at start of stroke with nice support.
She's a rooty trail bomber this rig!
Exactly what I want mine to ride like. I can upgrade the Yari to Lyrik spec, save me getting a new fork. Then just need a coil?

Tony.OK

Mar 20, 2019
Napier, New Zealand
Exactly what I want mine to ride like. I can upgrade the Yari to Lyrik spec, save me getting a new fork. Then just need a coil?
You have a 7? If so a coil will be $200 cheaper not requiring the pin kit for a trunnion like the 9.
I figured we wouldn't be needing somebof our holiday money so spent it before the wife could haha.

Last edited:

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
You have a 7? Is so a coil will be $200 cheaper not requiring the pin kit for a trunnion like the 9.
I figured we wouldn't be needing somebof our holiday money so spent it before the wife could haha.
Yes I have a 7, great that's good to know i won't need the pin kit, damn it's not cheap is it? Which shock did you go for? Is that DVO?

Tony.OK

Mar 20, 2019
Napier, New Zealand
Yes I only realised he's local the other day. Very tempting. The coil would be lost on me TBH but they do look so cool. $1K though
Haha I hear ya, never thought I'd spend this sort of money on a bicycle but I CAN'T stop ?
Jesse mentioned the Onyx fork and now I've started looking.....dammit! I really shouldn't!!!

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
Haha I hear ya, never thought I'd spend this sort of money on a bicycle but I CAN'T stop ?
Jesse mentioned the Onyx fork and now I've started looking.....dammit! I really shouldn't!!!
I thought you were happy with your Lyrik???!!! :LOL:

duk916

Jul 12, 2018
New Zealand
Envious mate, what color did you go for? I reckon your color choice is a bit better than when I got my 2020 model.
Fox & Shimano drive train is way different as well!
Went for the green color. Was going for a 2020 bike then saw that 2021 came with fox suspension and shimano. Saved me changing my forks, brakes and shifters.

Muzza

Jul 3, 2020
New Zealand
Went for the green color. Was going for a 2020 bike then saw that 2021 came with fox suspension and shimano. Saved me changing my forks, brakes and shifters.

Yes, think I would have preferred the Shimano, however more than happy with the Rock Shox.
Great news about the extra 2 year warranty on the 2019/20 motors. Obviously your 21 will have the new improvements which should be peace of mind.

duk916

Jul 12, 2018
New Zealand
Yes, think I would have preferred the Shimano, however more than happy with the Rock Shox.
Great news about the extra 2 year warranty on the 2019/20 motors. Obviously your 21 will have the new improvements which should be peace of mind.
I never had any problems with my 2018. No motor issue not evan a chain breakage.

Mattnzl

Aug 5, 2020
NZ
Budget Trance E+3 owner from Tauranga ;-) Have actually had a great run out of it other than suspension bearings that failed way too soon. Still on original firmware so missed out on the "fun" times with the stupid app.
1596611015408.png

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
Heads up T7 have a sale on. just got a new oneup dropper post $50 off & my carbon bars are now $30 cheaper. 27.5 minions are discounted too. They must be worried about the covid outbreak.

Yeah Philly you don't need anymore on your bike - you're already over sparkled ?

Flatslide

E*POWAH Master
Jul 14, 2019
Dunedin NZ
I had the fun experience of having a 7" cotton bud stuck into my sinus cavity yesterday lol. It definitely makes your eyes water ? I fully recommend everybody who isn't sick ignore what they're asked and block the streets in their cars all day awaiting the same... dickheads.

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
I had the fun experience of having a 7" cotton bud stuck into my sinus cavity yesterday lol. It definitely makes your eyes water ? I fully recommend everybody who isn't sick ignore what they're asked and block the streets in their cars all day awaiting the same... dickheads.
That sounds nasty! Hope you're all good? No matter how many times people are told not to panic buy, they still do. Even here in Rangiora, Wednesday morning supermarket chokka, people with overflowing trolleys... :rolleyes:

Flatslide

E*POWAH Master
Jul 14, 2019
Dunedin NZ
That sounds nasty! Hope you're all good? No matter how many times people are told not to panic buy, they still do. Even here in Rangiora, Wednesday morning supermarket chokka, people with overflowing trolleys... :rolleyes:
Am okay ta. I caught a cold from a crook work colleague and needed to see the doc, which required a covid test.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Nice bike! Is that the one with the Bosch motor?
Yup. Started on a 2019 eGenius with the Shimano e8000 then a 2019 Levo so I could run a bigger battery. Liked the Shimano more than the Brose in most situations and had a failure after a few hundred Kms so flicked it and ordered this beastie. Have been with a spine injury before I got it and recovering now so haven't really hammered it yet but the Bosch is a nice feeling motor. Probably going to take a few months before my legs come back so I will probably be leaning more on the motor than I normally would. Once fitness returns I hope to see a better return in distance per charge. For me, it is definitely better geometry than the Levo and gives more confidence in the fast, rough stuff as well as being quite nimble in the air.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles