Roll Call: New Zealand Based EMTB Riders

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
I had the fun experience of having a 7" cotton bud stuck into my sinus cavity yesterday lol. It definitely makes your eyes water ?

No shit. Cracked a tooth Wednesday and have had a couple sleepless nights since - woke up this morning with a sore throat due to a mix of snoring due to the meds, sore eyes and a headache due to lack of sleep. I do IT at a medical centre that is also my doctor. Rocked up to do a couple jobs and failed the temperature measuring - then got nailed for the test. Definitely not something I recommend to be fair.
Now I have to wait for the result before my dentist will fix what caused this painful inconvenience.

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
No shit. Cracked a tooth Wednesday and have had a couple sleepless nights since - woke up this morning with a sore throat due to a mix of snoring due to the meds, sore eyes and a headache due to lack of sleep. I do IT at a medical centre that is also my doctor. Rocked up to do a couple jobs and failed the temperature measuring - then got nailed for the test. Definitely not something I recommend to be fair.
Now I have to wait for the result before my dentist will fix what caused this painful inconvenience.
You're having one hell of a bad run! Hopefully loads of good luck just round the corner

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Shit happens.

Had a quiet ride Wednesday afternoon around my local track and my back caused no issues the following day so am starting to plan a few missions. Maybe a couple river/rail trail rides first up then Rotorua, Taupo, Tokoroa.

Bonz

Jul 2, 2018
New Zealand
From Motueka.
My wife and I both have bad colds so had the Covid test yesterday. I’ve been coughing so much I’ve put my back out, hurts like hell every time I cough now.
The worse thing is I can’t get out to try out my new xt derailleur after having removed to old Di2 unit which had been causing me grief over the last few months.

RAZOR

Feb 19, 2019
Auckland, NZ
E120.JPG

quick run with new wheels/tyres, might be able to use it this week!

BrentD

Jun 25, 2020
New Zealand
2021 Trek eMTB range has dropped at Evo and T7. List prices are NZD 1,000 more than 2020 but the higher end bikes now come with the Zeb, Super Deluxe and Kiox display.

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
From Gorrre, but do a lot of my e bike riding at Bike Glendhu in Wanaka as I'm involved in it. Tempted to change to a 2021 Whyte E-160RS as we have the 2020 version at the bike park. Merida is a very nice bike though View attachment 38471

Welcome! I've only ridden at Glendhu once, but I'd love to ride there again, absolutely loved it, awesome riding and a breathtaking view! Hired one of the Whytes for a day after the hub on my accoustic failed. Really liked that bike. It is because of that ride that I now have my Rail ?

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
2021 Trek eMTB range has dropped at Evo and T7. List prices are NZD 1,000 more than 2020 but the higher end bikes now come with the Zeb, Super Deluxe and Kiox display.
Yes a 9 at Evo yesterday however T7 says their bikes were embargoed - The price increase 'apparently' is due to high worldwide demand & also the exchange rate.

Woody2

Jul 29, 2020
New Zealand
Yes a 9 at Evo yesterday however T7 says their bikes were embargoed - The price increase 'apparently' is due to high worldwide demand & also the exchange rate.
The other week a local myride store owner was telling me that freight was 4 times what he would usually pay because of the Covid as well which affects the sell price.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
You certainly get to ride in some awesome places ?
Yes, I have to admit I feel pretty lucky living here. Sometimes I wish I was a bit closer to the mountains as it is relatively flat here, but if I am willing to drive a bit, I can do awesome rides. And Europe is completely different to N.Z. You can set a course from A. to B. and basically noone gives a damn if you ride on tracks over their property. Almost no fences. (No stock)

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Late to the party... Cambridge.

I was getting far too many email thread notices, so I switched off all my forum notifications. So unless I go looking for new posts specifically, I'm out of the loop. Have cut back on forum time and riding as of late anyway... other stuff... projects... life... etc...

Weimey

Sep 22, 2020
NZ
Auckland based. I’ll post a pic once the new wheels are on.
On another topic I’ve been eyeing up the affco loop at dome valley - anyone done this?

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
hmmm - sounds like @duk916 and I need too do a kidnapping on the way out to a ride ............. or is that a Grandnapping ..... or is that Brogan grannynapping?
You lost me there for a sec. I thought you meant sleeping ? like me having a nana-nap which I’ve been known to do more and more these days. ??

I only just twigged that you meant senior abduction. ??

Hale_Storming

Oct 14, 2020
Munich, Germany
Hey Everyone,

I've recently moved to Hallbergmoos, near to Munich. Relocated from Fort Worth, Texas after a 4 year expat from England.

Got my first ebike coming tomorrow, a Decoy Elite. Can't wait to get out on it. Anyone got any local trail advice? Or better still, if you're heading out, do you mind if I join you?

Muzza

Jul 3, 2020
New Zealand
Hey Everyone,

I've recently moved to Hallbergmoos, near to Munich. Relocated from Fort Worth, Texas after a 4 year expat from England.

Got my first ebike coming tomorrow, a Decoy Elite. Can't wait to get out on it. Anyone got any local trail advice? Or better still, if you're heading out, do you mind if I join you?
Might be in the wrong hemisphere there my friend :rolleyes:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles