Review Rockrider Waist Bag with Water Bladder (Rockrider Sac Banane VTT)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Product Image:
rr1.jpg

Product name: Rockrider Waist Bag with Water Bladder (Rockrider Sac Banane VTT)
Price paid: £30 / €40
Score (out of 10): 9

A lot of people don't like to carry things on the bike, or have more than one bike. Possibly like to carry more than is practical on the bike, or have a bike with no bottle cage or need more water, don't like back packs and so on.

Another solution is the plus sized "bum bag" ! - Enter Decathlon's Rockrider Hydration waist bag.

Well designed with lots of individual pockets and divided sections so you can find everything easily.

Weighs in at 470g empty, so it's quite substantial and solidly made.

The 1.5 litre water bladder has wings which follow the sides of the bag round your hips to gain capacity.

A single buckle joins at the front. Two pull straps tighten it to fit. Lifting the tightening buckles at the same time releases the pressure and loosens the straps, so it's really easy to adjust and take off.

To stop you getting sweaty, the rear of the bag is a mesh covering and vented (has holes) rubberised backing. This would also give you some good basic crash protection in the lower back area.

rr2.jpg

The Mesh and vented "bumps" .

rr3.jpg

On the left is a zip pocket with space for a Multitool/Leatherman or a selection of bike tools. There's also a clip for the hydration hose.

rr4.jpg

On the right is an easy access pocket for your emergency snacks ..

rr5.jpg

rr6.jpg

The front pocket is secured with two zips and a velcro rain flap along the top edge.

Within there's three mesh pockets along the back and two fold out sections with plenty of space for all your essentials . Beer bottles are used for scale and photographic refreshment - these are not intended to be used on a ride.

rr7.jpg

Behind that is the main pocket. This holds the 1.5 litre water bladder which is easily removable. The pocket is large enough to take a pump, shock pump, lightweight jacket, first aid supplies.

rr8.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
An extra feature I hadn't noticed.

The drink tube clips into the waist band. What I hadn't noticed is that the clip is also part of a magnetic catch - I thought you had to slide the tube in and out of the clip !

If you push down, the top clip stops it from coming free. If you pull up, the magnet allows it to break away, it's then easy to relocate as the magnet pulls it back into place .. Fidlock eat your heart out.

magnet.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
You're not kidding ;)

TWO pumps AND CO2?
TWO multitools?
and TWO chain tools?
:unsure:

Do you think that's cutting things a bit fine on trying to minimise things ? The usual rule of thumb is three of everything ! :)

Why the hell would I carry that silly heavy book ! I have a 15" laptop with satellite internet for emergency forum access in there !

I thought at least someone would have picked up on the TWO bottles of Muc Off Dry bike cleaner for the more trail savy rider ! :ROFLMAO:

100% top job on your custom art work though !! I think that wins Photoesqshop of the week !

zim art of-mountain-bike maintenance.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I wasn't sure our readers would cope with the pics of you modelling your polishing cloth.

That's quite bizarre, in your post earlier where @Fingerpuk was asking for your travel advice ... (you missed an opportunity to say - take the bus, or stay home !) ...... I was going to ask for your opinion on underwear choices ..... I was thinking of something like you've posted here, but wondered about cling film instead ? Or would you advise tinfoil if using an AXS dropper to protect the dangle parts from nearby radio waves and sperm threatening electric sources ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles