Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Product Image:
sock.jpg

Product name: Waterfly Waterproof Breathable Socks
Price paid: £25
Score (out of 10): 9

Review: Santa brought these ...

I'd previously looked at seal skins and wasn't convinced how effective they would be as some people had reported still getting wet feet with them on.

I was experimenting with Wellies/gumboots/rubber boots/city fetish sex club boots - depending where you are in the world and what circles you move in. But I'll be using these for now instead.

Pattern wise, they look a bit like a 1970's rock album cover - but don't let that put you off.

They're cut, shaped and are foot specific (ie, one for each foot (L/R), not other body areas).

They feel a bit weird due to the triple layer construction, they remind me of some kind of packing, but I can't put my finger on what... They're stretchy and compliant, though slightly more rigid feeling than a normal sock (unless you don't wash your socks).

So, the relevant bits .. well, they've had three very very wet rides and about 100km's. I wore waterproof hiking boots, which, on each occasion needed pouring out at the end. They've done a few post ride dog walks too, they're comfortable and don't ruck up or anything.

The outside of the socks were, unsurprisingly, soaked - though they do say the outside is treated with a DWR to help repel water.

The insides.. my feet .. were .. amazingly ... DRY ! They didn't feel sweaty or clammy either. The description states that they're breathable, but that's not going to happen if they're actually submerged, as they are in a boot full of water ! So I guess the bamboo or wool (depending what part of the description you believe) helps reduce clamminess.

They've been washed three times on a cold synthetic wash (with boots and other gear) and have held up fine so far.

Size wise, I was between medium and large. Santa chose Large and they seem to fit perfectly.

The only reason they're a 9 and not a 10 is it would be nice to have a slightly longer version, but then I quite like longer socks.

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WSLCVKF/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_4l0bEbRJ2XGS6

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Tried them in the cold yesterday. Set off early to meet up with others, I was late, so going as fast as possible. Freezing fog. My fingers felt like they were going to drop off, wished I'd worn goggles as my eyes were frozen and stinging. But my feet ... I didn't even notice my feet and I normally suffer from cold toes when it's bleedin freezing. Really pleased so far.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles