Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Product Image:
Screenshot_20201231-121806_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20201231-122515_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Product name: Northbound Gear "Adventure" Water Resistant Pants
Price paid: ~$70 USD
Score (out of 10): 9

Review: I've had a pair of these pants now for about 18 months. They are ideal for winter riding around Kentucky, well constructed and holding up amazingly.
They look very 1970's though.

For Christmas I bought the wife a pair of the womans pants, and find if anything, the quality of construction has improved, and the style of the ladles pant is much better.

The pockets all have nice zippers, and are large enough for most cell phones.

The pants come with a simple quick release belt that is a little cheap, but very workable.

The lining is a good compromise between wicking sweat away and keeping you warm enough.

When its below freezing, I add long-johns under them. The pant is stretchy enough that wearing full length under gear is no problem.

The water resistance is good. These are not water proof! -- they are water resistant, and a fair bit resistant at that.

The price is good, and Northbound seems to always have some killer sales going on.

I'll be trying the jacket next.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
They look very 1970's though.
They don't look too bad in the pictures ? Is it possible you just have that 70's look ?

I bought the wife a pair of the womans pants, and find if anything the style of the ladles pant is much better.

So basically, she looks better in them than you do with your 70's looking physique ? ?

One thing you didn't confirm, considering the age of the target audience here ... are they water resistant to keep rain out, or accidents in ?

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
They don't look too bad in the pictures ? Is it possible you just have that 70's look ?

So basically, she looks better in them than you do with your 70's looking physique ?
It's the materials I think... they remind me grandma's pants.

polyester! The advertisers can call it whatever they like, but that's the stuff Grandma's pants were made of.

FABRIC

• Exterior - 92% polyester 8% spandex
  • Interior - 90% polyester 5% spandex 5% man-made wool
Screenshot_20201231-160859_Chrome.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It's the materials I think... they remind me grandma's pants.
In the pictures , they look a little like they're soft shell ? At least they don't have that nice crease down the front like your examples. It has to be said though that Grandma's in Kentucky, look a lot younger than most of the Grandma's in the rest of the world. I might have to consider a second home in Kentucky.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
In the pictures , they look a little like they're soft shell ? At least they don't have that nice crease down the front like your examples. It has to be said though that Grandma's in Kentucky, look a lot younger than most of the Grandma's in the rest of the world. I might have to consider a second home in Kentucky.
We start young. Lol

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles