Rockrider E-st 900 changes upgrades

Gary Davis

Feb 13, 2021
Belgium
To avoid the Lever positioning Gary has:

I am looking if our levers our compatible with both 2- and 4-piston calipers.

This youtuber talks about his new XT 8100, and at 1:04 he shows the box that indicates the XT levers are compatible with the corresponding XT 8100 2-piston and XT8120 4-piston calipers.
And at 2:42 he shows that Deore 6100 levers are compatible with the corresponding Deore 6100 2-piston and Deore 6120 4-piston calipers

Could our "Rockrider Tektro TKD32" levers fit the Deore 6120 4-piston calipers ?

Hi, I'm pretty sure there will be a compatibility issue with brake hoses. This happens even between some brake set into shimano brand itself. And yes, 6100 brake levers are compatible with x120 calipers

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
I'm looking for the new display...
Or a new bike ? :) :)

e-mountainbike-rr-900.jpg
rr900.jpg

e-bike-mountainbike-rr-900-performance-bosch-cx-500-wh-29-herren.jpg

Last edited:

DT36

Sep 17, 2020
S. Wales
To avoid the Lever positioning Gary has:

I am looking if our levers our compatible with both 2- and 4-piston calipers.

This youtuber talks about his new XT 8100, and at 1:04 he shows the box that indicates the XT levers are compatible with the corresponding XT 8100 2-piston and XT8120 4-piston calipers.
And at 2:42 he shows that Deore 6100 levers are compatible with the corresponding Deore 6100 2-piston and Deore 6120 4-piston calipers

Could our "Rockrider Tektro TKD32" levers fit the Deore 6120 4-piston calipers ?

You've done some good work again there Buddy, which will benefit others who own this model.
You should be on the payroll for Decathlon's R&D department. :)

chamaruco

Inactive Member
Dec 28, 2020
Arezzo
they were fantastic tires, sold with the bike....now i'm on specialized ones and they have 2000km with enougth to start the winter...
anyway the vittoria are pretty good, thinner than other 2.6 but very precise

Gary Davis

Feb 13, 2021
Belgium
they were fantastic tires, sold with the bike....now i'm on specialized ones and they have 2000km with enougth to start the winter...
anyway the vittoria are pretty good, thinner than other 2.6 but very precise
Thanks. I didn't noticed that you sold your bike. What's the new one ?

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
The Turbo Levo (SL) full suspension is on my wishlist too, to keep the E-ST900 for shopping, kids, trailer, work commute, family vacations, small trips.

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
You've done some good work again there Buddy, which will benefit others who own this model.
You should be on the payroll for Decathlon's R&D department. :)

If they ever read this tread: Offer the bike in chassis+motor only version, we'll choose the rest of the parts ourselves :)

Gary Davis

Feb 13, 2021
Belgium
If they ever read this tread: Offer the bike in chassis+motor only version, we'll choose the rest of the parts ourselves :)
Before buying the E ST 900 I was planning to build a complete bike from Aliexpress. Carbon or alu frame with integrated Bafang motor but global price quickly increased. I eventually realized that E ST 900 was a bargain even with some inconvenients.

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
same here, plus I wanted a jumpstart, to be riding the first day.

Instead of ordering, trying, sending back, modifying, downloading, ordering again, painting, ...

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
The fat front 27.5-2.8 ennoyed me a bit, so I changed to 2.2
But that made the front too low.
29"-2.2 put me back at the same height as original.

I found the 27.5-2.8 at the front only rideable when very hard inflated. A bit less pressure made them comfortable, but extremely Left-Right instability.

The 2.8 balloon was slower to react, and cut less in the riding surface than a 2.2

You can deflate a 2.2 much more to gain comfort, wirhout getting seasick. Both on 27.5" and 29"

Still happy with the Rekon 27.5 2.8 at the back. Both inflated and deflated.
If there would have been choice, I would have taken a 27.5-2.6

The wheels are available, the website says MTB-voorwiel 29" DUBBELE WAND SCHIJFREMMEN BOOST 15x110 DUROC 30

Last edited:

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
The fat front 27.5-2.8 ennoyed me a bit, so I changed to 2.2
But that made the front too low.
29"-2.2 put me back at the same height as original.

I found the 27.5-2.8 at the front only rideable when very hard inflated. A bit less pressure made them comfortable, but extremely Left-Right instability.

The 2.8 balloon was slower to react, and cut less in the riding surface than a 2.2

You can deflate a 2.2 much more to gain comfort, wirhout getting seasick. Both on 27.5" and 29"

Still happy with the Rekon 27.5 2.8 at the back. Both inflated and deflated.
If there would have been choice, I would have taken a 27.5-2.6

The wheels are available, the website says MTB-voorwiel 29" DUBBELE WAND SCHIJFREMMEN BOOST 15x110 DUROC 30

They have them in the Oostende D4 shop
Looks like travel restrictions are being lifted now so very soon so the wife and me can go and visit her family, crazy haven't seen them since Xmas 2020 .
Is that bad thing:unsure:

chapelblade

Feb 28, 2022
Sheffield, UK
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I have recently purchased the RockRider eST900 and I am very impressed with this bike apart from riding on the flat and downhill.

After reading the opinions on this forum, I decided to change the chainring to a 38t one. I didn’t realise beforehand that this was quite a challenge!.

I took my bike to the local bike shop and they removed the crank arm fairly easily, then used the tool mentioned elsewhere to remove the lock ring. Then the spider should have slid off but was stuck solid, after several attempts they used some sort of bearing puller to remove it. Finally it was off but the chain bolts were absolutely stuck. The mechanic said that they had probably used industrial strength loctite when installing the bolts. A long soak in hot water finally released the bolts. The Deckas chainring I had purchased looked very flimsy compared with the one removed, I hope it is strong enough. The mechanic was concerned beforehand that the chain might not be long enough but it was just ok. Finally, I took the bike on a test run and it worked fine, the extra gear was worth the effort.

If you are thinking about changing the chainring then I would certainly recommend a local bike shop unless you have the knowledge and equipment to attempt it yourself. I was charged £15 which I thought was very reasonable.

DT36

Sep 17, 2020
S. Wales
After reading the opinions on this forum, I decided to change the chainring to a 38t one. I didn’t realise beforehand that this was quite a challenge!.
The Deckas chainring I had purchased looked very flimsy compared with the one removed, I hope it is strong enough.

38T Deckas chainring is fine. I've had mine on for over a year now and not had any issues with it. Tops out at about 28mph on the flat.

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
So guys
Has anything been happening lately with your bikes
I've ended up getting a Cube 140 stereo hybrid for off road and using my rockrider for road both bike just working out fine for what there set up for(y)

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
How is the Bosch Perf CX Gen4 compared to our Brose-T ?
I'm really happy with the Brose, but also want to buy a full suspension.

Brose has a list of emtbikes with their motor, but in full suspension there's only choice between the funny looking BH and a few ugly others.
Maybe the rotwild ?
brose E-Bike-Finder

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles