Rise Enduro travel

Feb 6, 2023
Uk
Hi. Blah blah first, actual question is at the bottom…

Things are getting more rowdy with every ride now summer is nearly here, and suspension travel starts to come under scrutiny. I’m aware the rise is a level 4 bike and not a downhill bike, obviously, but is it an enduro bike ? What defines an enduro bike anyway btw? I’m told it’s suspension travel

The bike is a 22 rise h30 with a 140 fox 36 factory fork upgrade. So I’m still stuck with the barely adequate stock fox shock. Evol something or other. So a new shock upgrade is over due. Stock Size is 210 by 55 but…

Q is….if I understand correctly…Altering the rear for more travel needs;
1) a longer shock with offset bushings, if so, which size? Presume the next longer size
2)and or a cascade link ?
3) or both?

I believe the shock with bushings can give 10mm more travel?
As can the cascade link give 10 more travel
Giving 160….is 160 appropriate for the rise ?
I also notice the 25 bike has a flip chip on the yoke for flat and downhill, does that yoke fit the 22 bike? Is it the yoke or the bolted on flip chip that’s needed?

Then having established what the rear does with the above mods I presume it’s fairly straight forward to fit a longer air spring in the fox shock to match the rear at 160?

Apologies I know this is a common topic but I did t find a similar post immediately available

Ta

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
I ran my 2022 Rise H with a 180mm Fox 38, Cascade Link and a 8.5" x 2.5" FoX DHX2 with 1 offset bushing. Travel was 180mm F/177 R. I just bought a 2024 Wild and my "Enduro" Rise was more plush than my Wild but Wild has a much more stable frame, especially on the rear end.

IMG_5696.jpg

IMG_5888.jpg

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
The Rise is a class 4 because the frame isn't designed for the impact stresses Enduro can place on a bike. You can extend the travel but that doesn't make the frame any stronger and may actually add to the stresses.
If you want Enduro change to an Enduro bike, for safety if nothing else...

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
The Rise is a class 4 because the frame isn't designed for the impact stresses Enduro can place on a bike. You can extend the travel but that doesn't make the frame any stronger and may actually add to the stresses.
Did you know that almost every other manufacturers enduro bikes are also rated Class 4. Canyon Strive, Yeti 160e, Spesh Enduro, Yeti 160, and many others. The only class 5 I've found so far is the Wild.....which is why I bought one too.

Feb 6, 2023
Uk
As said, what defines an Enduro bike? Could you answer that ?

Because As Big says unless it’s a downhill bike they are almost all class 4…. And did you know, orbea ran a wild frame in the last World Cup downhill event in Poland but without the motor and battery !

So to answer your last point, I have bought an Enduro bike. Have I not?

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
As said, what defines an Enduro bike? Could you answer that ?

Because As Big says unless it’s a downhill bike they are almost all class 4…. And did you know, orbea ran a wild frame in the last World Cup downhill event in Poland but without the motor and battery !

So to answer your last point, I have bought an Enduro bike. Have I not?
Technically no, as Enduro bikes are typically longer travel than the Rise in stock form. you can obviously extend travel but if you are unfamiliar with bike geo, you can ruin the geo for your riding style. The new Rise has a much stiffer frame, The Original frame has a flexy rear end which can limit it's capability, but if you are not a jumper and love rocky rough descents, my beefed-up Rise performed great in that Terrain and I'm a big guy.

tickle

Dec 8, 2023
Colorado
I consider my Rise's rear end to be "compliant" :)

I really like that they are offering the ability to change between restricted power and full power modes on the new one, and they are offering a 630 battery. The restricted mode combined with 630 battery should have killer range

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
Cascade link stiffens the rear end on the Rise considerably, you will notice it immediately. 2022 Rise M20, medium, mullet, DVO Topaz 216x63 (imperial 8.5 x 2.5), Cascade link, 160ish rear travel and 160mm fork. No issues with fitment, rubbing or otherwise, over a year of riding this way. Rise for enduro depends on on how hard you ride, blanket statements like: "if you want enduro, get an enduro bike" is an oversimplification because everyone rides differently. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion but I would not say the Rise isn't worthy of "enduro" riding. Mine has taken a lot of abuse and seen a lot of miles without any signs of problems. It's a do-all bike however at a bike park you might feel some limitations, such as hitting tight berms hard or really hard hits where the bike can get skirmy as compared to something beefier. Otherwise the suspension and stiffness for me is quite good almost everywhere.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles