Rise battery durability and replacement

Endurip

Jan 9, 2021
Sweden
Haven't found anything about Rise´s battery durability and where to find a replacement if that is needed. I'm worried that due to the small battery I will charge it often and therefore degrade it quite fast.
I'd like to know that my bike will last a long time, and be able to replace parts to keep it that way.

Current owners that had the Rise for a while: have you noticed any battery degrading?
Anyone know where to find an internal battery?

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Based on few rides so far, I am getting the same/better range than my Merida so I can only say, I expect it to last just as long as my Merida battery (only 504wh) which is almost 12 months old and covered about 1000 miles...

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
I haven't noticed range decreasing so far, but I did have one weird thing happen last week when battery % got low.
I was at 8% battery, and then literally a few seconds later it was at 2% - so there was a much faster drop off than I've ever seen before. But I don't often go that low, so it might be a while before I can see if it happens again.

Endurip

Jan 9, 2021
Sweden
I haven't noticed range decreasing so far, but I did have one weird thing happen last week when battery % got low.
I was at 8% battery, and then literally a few seconds later it was at 2% - so there was a much faster drop off than I've ever seen before. But I don't often go that low, so it might be a while before I can see if it happens again.
Ok, hope nothings wrong with it!

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
You can check the battery health status with the stunlocker app. Mine is at 99% after 6 months and 2000km.
So far the same as with others ebike I have.

I have been told that replacement is easy, you need to remove motor and then two screws that holds the battery in place.

Endurip

Jan 9, 2021
Sweden
You can check the battery health status with the stunlocker app. Mine is at 99% after 6 months and 2000km.

I have been told that replacement is easy, you need to remove motor and then two screws that holds the battery in place.
Thank you, that sounds promising.

Zoosoup

May 25, 2021
Kent,UK
Humm just used ST to look at my battery and it tells me 100% health and 100% charge with 0 cycles. Pretty sure I have used it and charged it.
Has anyone figured out how the check the extender health.

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
Cycles are not working, but health is...

Don't know how to check the extender health... I don't even know if it is taken into account when connected and using the ST app :D

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK

Power on Li-Ion batteries isn't linear. I reckon on Profile 1 I'm getting about 1600m of climbing, but I've got to nearly 1000m with the battery still showing 50%. The last 10% goes pretty quickly

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK

yes indeed. I swapped out my brakes and removed motor and battery. Not a difficult job and no special tools needed - hardest part was keeping the cables in the right place when sliding it back in.

Schnipps

May 12, 2021
Newcastle
It’s not acceptable that we have to use st unlocker to get bike info, for a bike that’s costs about 6 grand in basic form the software should be mind blowing

Edmu

Jun 29, 2021
Puerto Rico
Haven't found anything about Rise´s battery durability and where to find a replacement if that is needed. I'm worried that due to the small battery I will charge it often and therefore degrade it quite fast.
I'd like to know that my bike will last a long time, and be able to replace parts to keep it that way.

Current owners that had the Rise for a while: have you noticed any battery degrading?
Anyone know where to find an internal battery?
My bike: RISE M20 20MPH S OCE-VEH
Purchased July 2021

Two questions:

1. Re warranty: What’s the normal loss of capacity of the RS (internal) battery due to natural aging of the cells?
(After 20 months of use, mine charges only to 90%)

2. If not under warranty, what’s the price of a replacement battery?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles