Orbea Rise M vs. H stiffness and durability

MAster

Nov 6, 2022
Germany
Dear all,
I‘m considering to wait for the Rise M 2023 with updated battery system. I‘m not sure about the extra money for the carbon. In the past I made the experience that alloy frames lack of stiffness especially for heavy riders.
Anyone out there, who could test both bikes in comparison ?
Thx

ebsocalmtb

Sep 29, 2021
Southern-Cal
I have an M series rise and my riding buddy has an h series. There is no difference with regards to durability between the two in the 4k kilometers that we have on our bikes. I weigh 85kg and he weighs 90kg and are both advanced, aggressive riders. I have ridden his bike around a bit and he has ridden mine there isn't much of a difference in frame flex as far as i can tell. This bike is quite flexy, it's just the nature the beast.

MAster

Nov 6, 2022
Germany
Oh really, I could only test the M on a street and did have the impression that the frame is quiet stiff when sharp cornering? Also the side flex seem to be quiet good 🧐🤔

YokoOno

May 5, 2020
Colorado
At 75 kg (165 lb) and a 43 lb M20, I rate the bike as "mildly flexy" on my personal experience completely-subjective flexometer scale.

There is mild rear-end wag which I notice sometimes in hard cornering through technical terrain. It's by no means disconcerting to me and I think the bike tracks and rides quite well. My PUSH 11.6 with spherical bearings may play a slight role in that sensation as well.

I've owned many bikes over the years and ride aggressive in Colorado. I've had bikes with far more flex, and those with less flex, as points of comparison. I highly suspect it's the nature of the suspension and bearing design and not originating from the frame itself.

Last edited:

ebsocalmtb

Sep 29, 2021
Southern-Cal
Agreed that I have owned bikes with more and less flex. Some had flex that was detrimental to the ride quality of the frame/bike and others it had no impact and potentially made the bike easier to ride. I own a giant trance 29 advanced as my marathon xc race bike and that has quite a bit of frame flex... but it doesn't mean I don't like the ride or the bike.

The rise is definitely just a flexy frame, not in a bad way at all. However I definitely feel it most of the time that i am riding the bike. Granted, I am riding the bike in incredibly steep terrain with significant rock roll and technical features that typically lead into blown up catch berms. Other then high speed bermed flow trails, it's the perfect storm of exacerbating or noticing frame flex. Despite that, I still enjoy the rise and have very few complaints on how it rides.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Dear all,
I‘m considering to wait for the Rise M 2023 with updated battery system. I‘m not sure about the extra money for the carbon. In the past I made the experience that alloy frames lack of stiffness especially for heavy riders.
Anyone out there, who could test both bikes in comparison ?
Thx

I've seen it mentioned a few times on different threads, but from all that I've seen the 2023 models will have the same battery options as 2022. 360wh battery in the carbon frames and a 540wh in the alloy frames.

MAster

Nov 6, 2022
Germany

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada

MAster

Nov 6, 2022
Germany
Could be a miss print, I work at a shop that sells Orbea. When I login and look at the 2023 Rise bikes all of the M models with carbon frames are showing only the 360wh battery.
And which charger is delivered for the 2023 in your portal?

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
And which charger is delivered for the 2023 in your portal?

It’s showing that all 2023 Rise models will come with the new smart charger. All of the alloy frames having the 540wh battery and 360wh in the M models.

I mean I’d be happy if I’m wrong but as of right now it’s showing the smaller batteries in the carbon frames.

And honestly if the carbon frame could accept the 540wh battery why wouldn’t they put it in all of the M models?

The H20 & H30 models will also have the EP6 motor.

MAster

Nov 6, 2022
Germany
Probably a more light option is good for the marketing to have a larger weight difference between the carbon and alloy.

Can you see whether or not there is an upgrade kit for 21/22 rise m customers to get the new charger port and smart charger ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles