Orbea Rise (carbon) replacement battery available?

Rod B.

Aug 18, 2021
USA, Orange County Ca.
I’m looking for a replacement battery for the Orbea Rise (carbon)
You’ll have to go through an Orbea dealer to get a new battery. After 3,200 miles, I was starting to see the range on my Rise drop.

I contacted Orbea USA to enquirer about getting a new battery for my Rise. I explained that I wasn’t having a warranty issue, but could foresee a point after the two year warranty had expired where I would need a new battery. I also asked what the cost of a replacement battery was.

Dealing with Orbea can be impossible at times to get an answer. I was told that if I needed a new battery I would have to apply for a warranty claim. I explained that I wasn’t seeking a warranty. I just wanted a new battery. I was told they don’t sell batteries directly to the consumer and if I wanted a battery I would have to go through an Orbea dealer. Orbea was either unable or refused to provide a cost for the replacement battery.

Good luck.

Edmu

Jun 29, 2021
Puerto Rico
I got a Range Extender for longer rides(over 20 miles), to diminish the process of degradation of the internal batt. I hope that, by the time I need to replace the battery, it will be more available and affordable.

BIG-DUKE-6

Feb 21, 2023
Usa
I have the impression that All you really need is an adapter cord to plug into the bike. Then you can use any battery and just throw it in your pack.

Or

Get a bike trailer and strap a generator on to it. Lol

Edmu

Jun 29, 2021
Puerto Rico
I got a Range Extender for longer rides(over 20 miles), to diminish the process of degradation of the internal batt. I hope that, by the time I need to replace the battery, it will be more available and affordable.
I hoped. The time came. I will now find out how long it takes to get a replacement battery thru an authorized Orbea dealer. (3 weeks, so far, and counting).

cookie70

Mar 23, 2022
Central Coast, Australia
Any news on replacing the battery? Mine has 5600km on it and its definitely not getting the range it was when newer.

alternatively, anyone that repacks the orbea batteries? Many claim to increase capacity

Funks

Oct 8, 2021
Dublin, CA
I think the best lesson in the future is get an EMTB that uses a standard battery from the company that made the motor - not rely on the bike brand.

Shimano motor? make sure it has a shimano battery.
Bosch motor? make sure it has a bosch battery.
Fazua motor? eMTB's currently out only uses the Fazua battery so it's safe.

What happens 4-5 years out? Will batteries from Orbea still be available?

doochenozzle

May 16, 2023
Dildo, Newfoundland
I have the impression that All you really need is an adapter cord to plug into the bike. Then you can use any battery and just throw it in your pack.

Or

Get a bike trailer and strap a generator on to it. Lol
This makes me wonder - could you remove the main battery and just use the extender? I’m tempted with one of my youngest kids as a way to create a super light ebike for him.

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
An update on this topic would be great... the range extender seems very pricey for what it is... I have to believe you could make your own extender with the proper voltage and adapter cord?? but I make this statement with very close to zero understanding of what is required for a safe, reliable solution

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles