Orbea Wild FS M 20 replacement gears?

Chrisk7

Oct 15, 2021
Oregon USA
I have an Orbea Wild FS M 20 with a Sun Race CSMZ80 11-51t 12-Speed cassette.

I need only the 13, 15, and possibly the 11t cogs or gears.
I can't seem to find these gears or cogs in the US separately by themselves .
I would like to get just the 2 or 3 cogs that I need rather than having to buy the whole cassette when it isn't needed.

Does anyone know of a place in the US that sells them?

I believe the Sun Race CSMZ80 is compatible with both SRAM and Shimano?
Am I looking for the wrong parts?

Do people just replace the whole cassette when they need just one or two of the gears?

Any insight greatly appreciated.

cookie70

Mar 23, 2022
Central Coast, Australia
Do people just replace the whole cassette when they need just one or two of the gears?

unless you only use those gears, all the others will be worn and will lead to premature chain wear and chainring wear. I would not even consider anything but a full cassette replacement especially on an ebike.

If you dont already, get a tool and make sure you dont wear the chain beyond 50% before replacing it. Will make the whole drivetrain last longer!

Last edited:

Chrisk7

Oct 15, 2021
Oregon USA
unless you only use those gears, all the others will be worn and will lead to premature chain wear and chainring wear. I would not even consider anything but a full cassette replacement especially on an ebike.

If you dont already, get a tool and make sure you dont wear the chain beyond 50% before replacing it. Will make the whole drivetrain last longer!
Yeah that makes sense, no point in stepping over a dollar to save a penny.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
cookie70 makes a good point. If those sprockets are damaged it's likely the chain is badly worn and the other sprockets have also been damaged.

So it's sensible to replace the cassette and the chain.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles