Levo Gen 2 RIP Fox Float DPS

ASU

Feb 26, 2021
Bergen op Zoom
Today, on a gentle XC style ride blown-up my Fox Float DPS on my My20 Levo Expert Carbon. Spilled its guts (oil) all over my frame and motor casing (and my legs). Prior to the blow-up about 20 min, shock started to make a 'sucking' sound whilst compressing. At a big bump, felt a knock and my bike bike started to ride like an old Cadilac ;-) The leak is at the lockout/rebound knob.

So, I wanted to upgrade to another shock anyhow. Guess I need a 210x55 metric shock? Would like to have the back-end of the bike a little higher to decrease pedal strikes (shock is in the high position already).

Like to upgrade to this shock; FOX Rear Shock 2022 Float X P-SE 2-Pos EVOL LV Performance Elite 210x, 699,00 €

or this one; https://www.bike24.com/p2458441.html (but a little expensive)

Can anybody confirm this one will fit? (I know that my bidon will have a hard time fitting ;-) ).

Also; this Cane Creek shock looks interesting. Anyone experience with this shock? Will it fit a my 2020 Levo size M.

Any other suggestions? (I do not want a coil shock btw). Mostly ride XC or aggressive XC, so no enduro or trail for me.

20220416_164656.jpg

20220416_164707.jpg

Last edited:

Chrysaor

Apr 12, 2021
Switzerland
You should have it warrantied by Fox, I had a similar issue with a dpx2 and they rebuilt it under warranty in one week really happy with the customer service !

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
Six months ago my DPS lost air. i serviced air can and no problems since.
As said, it could be just the o-ring.
Service is very easy to do. I do it once or twice a year.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
More common than you might think. Chap who repaired this one for me reckons he sees a lot of these with broken IFP's on certain bikes with particular linkage designs that add bending forces to the stroke.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
More common than you might think. Chap who repaired this one for me reckons he sees a lot of these with broken IFP's on certain bikes with particular linkage designs that add bending forces to the stroke.

That doesn't look like the issue here - but I'm no expert. Although I could imagine some downward bending force on the shaft looking at the linkage setup of the op's bike.

F4Flyer

Sep 30, 2020
Denver
The Float X would be the best option if you decide to get a new shock. It may feel a bit more planted and plush but for my terrain, that is a good thing.

Peter#DK#

Apr 11, 2019
Denmark
Today, on a gentle XC style ride blown-up my Fox Float DPS on my My20 Levo Expert Carbon. Spilled its guts (oil) all over my frame and motor casing (and my legs). Prior to the blow-up about 20 min, shock started to make a 'sucking' sound whilst compressing. At a big bump, felt a knock and my bike bike started to ride like an old Cadilac ;-) The leak is at the lockout/rebound knob.

So, I wanted to upgrade to another shock anyhow. Guess I need a 210x55 metric shock? Would like to have the back-end of the bike a little higher to decrease pedal strikes (shock is in the high position already).

Like to upgrade to this shock; FOX Rear Shock 2022 Float X P-SE 2-Pos EVOL LV Performance Elite 210x, 699,00 €

or this one; https://www.bike24.com/p2458441.html (but a little expensive)

Can anybody confirm this one will fit? (I know that my bidon will have a hard time fitting ;-) ).

Also; this Cane Creek shock looks interesting. Anyone experience with this shock? Will it fit a my 2020 Levo size M.

Any other suggestions? (I do not want a coil shock btw). Mostly ride XC or aggressive XC, so no enduro or trail for me.

View attachment 86148

View attachment 86149

mine did the same.. it`s a broken shaft inside, i just got a full service + a minute add in price for the broken shaft. All good now 2500km

Levo Laland

Nov 27, 2019
Surrey UK
The internal shaft has snapped, it’s happened to me twice! The shock has a two-year warranty and Silverfish will turn it around in a week. The issue is the long yoke used in the suspension design I upgraded to a cascade linkage which is burlier and it’s been good so far. Whichever shock you decide on make sure to have a thicker shaft than the one in the DPS. The DPS is actually an OK shock in my opinion, I had mine custom-tuned to make it a bit plusher.

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
My DPS has 5000km now, one aircan service done.
But now it’s resting as a spare shock, i upgraded to MRP E-Hazzard.
Difference is night and day.😎

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles