Levo Gen 2 2021 Fox Float DPS Performance shock oil leak

bertschb

Aug 30, 2020
Anywhere
I have a 2021 Levo Comp with the Fox Float DPS Performance shock. I've got about 300 miles on it now and after each ride, there is grease or oil on the o-ring so it's leaking. Is this normal or is my shock defective?

MSH

Nov 8, 2020
Spain
I have a 2021 Levo Comp with the Fox Float DPS Performance shock. I've got about 300 miles on it now and after each ride, there is grease or oil on the o-ring so it's leaking. Is this normal or is my shock defective?
How much oil? Do you have any pics? Some amount of oil I think it's normal, it means the lub is doing its job.

bertschb

Aug 30, 2020
Anywhere
How much oil? Do you have any pics? Some amount of oil I think it's normal, it means the lub is doing its job.

It's not much but enough to attract dirt and gum up the o-ring. If I had to guess, I'd say 1 "drop" per ride. I don't have any pictures. My bike has been out of commission for two weeks while I wait for warranty repairs for multiple broken spokes. The Ohlins air shock on my Stumpjumper never leaked a drop of oil in 4 years of very heavy use. I'm new to Fox shocks and didn't expect to see oil leaking from it.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I have had that on almost every new shock. The first shock that didn't do it I thought there was something wrong with it! :)

It is just a bit of excess oil, it will soon stop. For me, it doesn't even come back after the shock has been serviced.

Edit: Between rides I wipe off any muck and/or oily residue from all stanchions (fork/shock/dropper) then put a circle of wet lube around the stanchions and then cycle the stanchions up and down to float up any muck from around the wiper seals. Then wipe clean. Also wipe clean any "O" ring travel indicators.

Last edited:

bertschb

Aug 30, 2020
Anywhere
I have had that on almost every new shock. The first shock that didn't do it I thought there was something wrong with it! :) It is just a bit of excess oil, it will soon stop.

OK, that's good to know! One less thing to worry about! Thanks for the reply.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles