Reroute Headset Cables to External - 2023 Orbea Rise M20

doochenozzle

May 16, 2023
Dildo, Newfoundland
I'm considering re-routing all (or most) of the headset cables to be external and/or running a GX AXS shifter and derailleur. While I don't love the optics, I hate the lack of serviceability of headset cable routing. I'm looking at using the jagwire stick on tabs or something similar and routing all cables down the top of the downtube and under the bottle cage. From there, they could run into the factory supplied cable guides and then into the chain or seat stays.
That would leave me with only the one electronic display cable which I could route up through the now otherwise unused holes in the above and in front of the motor on the downtube, or possibly leave as is, although part of the reason for doing this is serviceability and the other is keeping water and crap out of the headtube/headset. Maybe I'll just drill a small hole in the headtube lol.
The other consideration - I'd like to ride wrap, but wondering - should I ride wrap first before attached stick on guides, or attach those first and then cut out and wrap around them?
Anyone else done this, or considering? I've already paid a crapton in labour to have brakes swapped on another Rise...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles