Orbea 2023 Rise M10 profile factory reset

Oppa

Mar 22, 2024
Rhode Island
Hi everyone, go easy on me if this is a dumb question, I am very sensitive🤣. So I went on the Shimano Etube Project and started messing with the profiles. Wanted to crank up the power to play on the trails. That part worked well. Problem is I did it on the original settings and now can’t figure out how to do a reset to the Orbea factory set up. Anyone know if it can be done and if so, how to do a reset?

Last edited:

Oppa

Mar 22, 2024
Rhode Island
Hi everyone, go easy on me if this is a dumb question, I am very sensitive🤣. So I went on the Shimano Etube Project and started messing with the profiles. Wanted to crank up the power to play on the trails. That part worked well. Problem is I did it on the original settings and now can’t figure out how to do a reset to the Orbea factory set up. Anyone know if it can be done and if so, how to do a reset?
The other option would be if someone could post pics of the original Orbea Rise M10 Profile 1&2 that would be greatly appreciated.

hilbil-E-bikr

Sep 7, 2021
Alabama USA
In my E-TUBE app the default settings show as a white dot on the settings bars. The below picture is profile 1 Eco. The white dots on the far left of assist and torque bars are the default settings.
IMG_2175.jpeg

Oppa

Mar 22, 2024
Rhode Island
Duh I just realized when you posted the ECO default it also had trail and boost overlaid. 🤷‍♂️ Thanks for posting the others for this newbie.

Oppa

Mar 22, 2024
Rhode Island
Duh I just realized when you posted the ECO default it also had trail and boost overlaid. 🤷‍♂️ Thanks for posting the others for this newbie.
Quick update if anyone else runs into this issue. I checked with Orbea and there is a way to reset the profile to the factory default. On the top right of the profile graphics there is an icon with a clock and an arrow. (Pic attached ) Click on that and 2 options pop up. One allows you to reset to a previous version and a second for original basic settings. Reason I want that profile is I get some serious battery time with the basic settings. Anyway thanks for the help.

IMG_4075.jpeg

Oppa

Mar 22, 2024
Rhode Island
Can you change between profile 1 and 2 with the handlebar 3 button switch?
No unfortunately not. That has to be done on Etube unless you add their(Shimano) display which I did. Gives you all the info you need without looking at your phone, battery, distance, speed and profile changes among others.

TypeSssssss

Apr 26, 2024
Oklahoma
No unfortunately not. That has to be done on Etube unless you add their(Shimano) display which I did. Gives you all the info you need without looking at your phone, battery, distance, speed and profile changes among others.
Ok, thank you - is it wireless to add?

TypeSssssss

Apr 26, 2024
Oklahoma
Hi good choice - I recently got the same bike and I see your question is answered so was wanting to ask. How are you liking the saddle? As far as the rest of the bike goes I like it but I need a larger size seat. Those dots on trail and boost are easy to see if you want to go to default but the eco ones are kinda sneaky. I went riding with some guys in stock profile 1 and it was super tough to do. I have been out of the game for a while and need to start over on fitness building and this profile is great for it. As far as the handling and balance, bike fits my trails really well and I really like it. I just have to get a different seat before I go on my next big rip.

Oppa

Mar 22, 2024
Rhode Island
Ok, thank you - is it wireless to add?
No it’s not wireless but simple to install. You disconnect the mainline going into your current controller, that plugs into the display. Then you need to buy an additional cable that runs from the display back to the original controller and you are good to go. Orbea should not have that as an option in my opinion, it should be standard. It would add less than $200 to the cost.

Oppa

Mar 22, 2024
Rhode Island
Hi good choice - I recently got the same bike and I see your question is answered so was wanting to ask. How are you liking the saddle? As far as the rest of the bike goes I like it but I need a larger size seat. Those dots on trail and boost are easy to see if you want to go to default but the eco ones are kinda sneaky. I went riding with some guys in stock profile 1 and it was super tough to do. I have been out of the game for a while and need to start over on fitness building and this profile is great for it. As far as the handling and balance, bike fits my trails really well and I really like it. I just have to get a different seat before I go on my next big rip.
Sorry just saw this post. In my opinion the saddle Orbea chose sucks. It’s like sitting on a brick. I swapped it out for a volt with titanium rails and made a huge difference for comfort. I really like the bike for all kinds of reasons. It doesn’t look like a bulky full power ebike, it’s relatively light, handles great and at 70 I needed a little help to keep up with my kids who fly through the woods. I have changed some things out, larger brake rotors, 180s I didn’t feel comfortable on the aggressive down hills, volt seat, DEORE di2 auto shifter, controller display. 8 months and 1400 miles. Just had to change the rear tire it was chewed up pretty bad. I would get another one if necessary for sure…bike and tires 🤪

Last edited:

TypeSssssss

Apr 26, 2024
Oklahoma
No it’s not wireless but simple to install. You disconnect the mainline going into your current controller, that plugs into the display. Then you need to buy an additional cable that runs from the display back to the original controller and you are good to go. Orbea should not have that as an option in my opinion, it should be standard. It would add less than $200 to the cost.
I agree that it should definitely come with the bike since there is no way to know the battery level when riding

Oppa

Mar 22, 2024
Rhode Island
I agree that it should definitely come with the bike since there is no way to know the battery level when riding
If you don’t want to spend the money on the display you can use your phone to sync to the bike Etube ride. It gives you all the vital statistics on the bike, battery, speed, mileage etc. several different formats you can use. I went that route the first few months. It was a PIA pulling my phone out to see what was up but it works.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles