Replacing Bosch motor

Toottube

Apr 27, 2023
Uk
Hi folks hi folks, has anyone had to replace a Bosch performance line gen x motor. What was the cost roughly? Thanks. Martin

target2804

Apr 26, 2023
Germany
I only know that in germany you can buy them on ebay for like 600-700€. Funny thing is: most of those sellers will set up the gear ratio you need. My bike shop cant do that :D

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I only know that in germany you can buy them on ebay for like 600-700€. Funny thing is: most of those sellers will set up the gear ratio you need. My bike shop cant do that :D
so what does your bike shop do when they replace a Bosch motor under warranty? don't they still need to set the casette ratio and front ring?

target2804

Apr 26, 2023
Germany
The software with the gear ratio comes from the bike manufacturer. In my case, Haibike. They set the parameters and for the local bike shops, the fields in the software where you actually set those parameters are greyed out.

The shop just puts the right software into the motor. That’s it.

samohtr

Jul 24, 2020
St Albans
My motor died and I was told £720 for a replacement. Thankfully my LBS was fantastic and has sorted it out with Bosch and a new one is on it's way. It was also 2.5 years old and out of warranty.

Toottube

Apr 27, 2023
Uk
My motor died and I was told £720 for a replacement. Thankfully my LBS was fantastic and has sorted it out with Bosch and a new one is on it's way. It was also 2.5 years old and out of warranty.
Hi, thanks for reply. I’ve just dropped it off at bike shop. Sadly it was bought second hand so think I’ll struggle warranty wise but they’ll do their best.

Rogdevon

Aug 13, 2023
Devon
mine has died at weekend and same 2 1/2 years old also quoted £720 for a new motor, I need to ping them proof of purchase then they will chat to bosch. any advice on how to get a new motor would be greatly appreciated

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
mine has died at weekend and same 2 1/2 years old also quoted £720 for a new motor, I need to ping them proof of purchase then they will chat to bosch. any advice on how to get a new motor would be greatly appreciated
Worth talking to these guys to, might be able to get it re-built/repaired - depending what the issue is.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles