OLI E-Bike Systems Replacement Motors for Bosch & Shimano

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
I found web pages where they talk about their size, their vision, their overall awesomeness... and use the future tense when talking about their motors. It's a little too early to start getting excited.

Slapbassmunky

Aug 1, 2020
Isle of wight
Screenshot_20220715-053511.png

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
The idea is great but I think your better off buying a new original motor.
If you have to buy motor display and battery I don't think it will be cheaper then any big brand motor

Slapbassmunky

Aug 1, 2020
Isle of wight
No informat
s
So are you saying Shimano will buy them and give them to people because they are out of stock of EP-8s
I doubt Shimano are going to buy a competitors motor and hand it out to customers, that makes no business sense whatsoever. I'm saying OLI supply the OEM market and that's it, no chance of buying one.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
It stands to reason that there will be a day when we CAN buy aftermarket motors to install in our bikes.

Look at the way the automobile industry evolved. In the early days, there were some experimenters and manufacturers making a few cars. With mass production there was standardization, and soon there were a lot of identical cars rolling down the roads. That was the tipping point, where experimenters could start cranking out aftermarket parts and start selling them to other enthusiasts. I'm not super familiar with the pioneers in aftermarket performance parts, but in my lifetime were Ed Iskendarian, Gale Banks, Keith Black, and plenty of other guys.

The eMTB industry isn't quite to that tipping point, but hopefully one day soon.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles