Bosch Ebike systems. How accurate is the calorie count?

Homeyjay

May 12, 2021
Uk
I’m using a heart rate strap thats connected to my Kiox which is connected to my phone and entered my age / weight / height correctly in the Bosch user profile. How accurate is the calories used figure on the display?

Aikone

May 28, 2021
UK
Totally inaccurate, any calorie counting for exercise is, have a read of Herman Pontzer’s book ‘Burn’, or any of his work on calories burned through exercise.

Jeffrey

Jul 29, 2020
Switzerland
The calorie count of a bosh system is very accurate because there is a power meter to measure the rider force input in the motor (magnetic torque sensor).

On the kiox you can see your wattage input in live. Then by integrating the wattage over time the kiox get the total energy you put on the pedals. Of course this don't take in account the energy you spend with others muscles (arms, chest, etc.).

jerry

Dec 22, 2018
Belgium
The calorie count of a bosh system is very accurate because there is a power meter to measure the rider force input in the motor (magnetic torque sensor).
Who knew accurate calorie count was that simple. I bet professional physicians and measurement labs can now finally get rid of their $100.000 equipments.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles