Reign E+ 2022

Buckaroony

Dec 17, 2021
UK
I gave up trying to shoehorn a bottle and cage into my M sized Reign. I just bought a Camelbak hip bag that holds a bottle, very comfy and you don’t get that sweaty back you get from wearing a rucksack.

Tim gosnold

Nov 5, 2021
Fordingbridge
Now now
Hey Tim. How are you going with your forks?
hello buddy, only got to go out last Saturday on them, I removed the three tokens and I have to say they did feel much better, my hands definitely weren’t hurting as much. Next is to get the coil off my old bike and sent off to be adjusted to suit the reign 👊

goroncy

May 1, 2020
Munich

What do you guys think? With our super low bottom bracket swapping to plus sized tires for the winter could make a lot of sense :). Will Reign e+ accept 3.0" tire in the rear?

Ruemtbs

Oct 30, 2021
New Zealand
Did you try letting the air out and seeing if the forked got sucked down? Just curious as it seems like my problem may be fairly unique. It’s in for a service now so hopefully comes back buttery smooth. A coil sounds awesome. Let us know how that goes for you. Cheers.

Ruemtbs

Oct 30, 2021
New Zealand
@timgosnold
Did you try letting the air out and seeing if the forked got sucked down? Just curious as it seems like my problem may be fairly unique. It’s in for a service now so hopefully comes back buttery smooth. A coil sounds awesome. Let us know how that goes for you. Cheers.

Acmac999

Dec 26, 2021
Australia
Anyone else had a problem to reach the dropper lever?

View attachment 81528

the breaks are so close to the remote as possible. They interfere on the other side. Gap between break clamp and remote is to small to have the lever clamp.

when I hold my normal grip my tum tip tuches the lever. Very bad ergonomic in other words.
Yes any ideas on this? Need a longer dropper lever

Acmac999

Dec 26, 2021
Australia
Mine E+0 does the same sound when it decouples. If there is load on the pedals it went quiet . Also my Motor Motor became much more quiet after 500km regarding the wining noise. now it is very quiet. But this decoupling sound is a little bit annoying . Please keep us informed what your LBS says.
I get the same noise, think it’s the internal gearbox “clutch” or whatever it is.

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
I gave up trying to shoehorn a bottle and cage into my M sized Reign. I just bought a Camelbak hip bag that holds a bottle, very comfy and you don’t get that sweaty back you get from wearing a rucksack.
Size M bottle 600ml fit good
ttttt.jpg

LJR69

Jan 4, 2022
UK
I have a size L and the 590ml bottle and it doesn't fit because the X2 negative chamber hits the bottom of the bottle under shock compression. Your bottle looks smaller than my 590ml - it looks like the 450ml

emtbeast

Jan 10, 2022
Slovenia
I have a size L and the 590ml bottle and it doesn't fit because the X2 negative chamber hits the bottom of the bottle under shock compression. Your bottle looks smaller than my 590ml - it looks like the 450ml
I think zorro77 is rocking the YT Thirstmaster 4000 bottle...It has a wider shape than the Fidlock so it a bit shorter ✌

guile80386

Jan 23, 2022
PT
Finally she’s arrived 6months later

View attachment 81946
Newbie here, may I ask which tires, disc brake rotors and which pedals did you install?

My brakes (also XT in the E+1) are often noisy when wet or after heating a bit - way noisier than the ones on the Stance E+ (same SLX 203mm rotor, but MT420 4 piston calipers, never really made any noise in any condition - only for a couple of seconds when first getting wet). I went through the bed-in process "properly" (as much as I know) on both bikes. I'm thinking of switching the rotors and/or brake pads.

I got the DMR Vault Brendog pedals on mine, don't look nearly as slick as the ones in your photo and I'm not ecstatic with the grip either (using 5/10 rubber, they're okay - replaced all the pins with the included Moto X ones -, but I'm left with the impression that the Crankbrothers Stamp 2 I have on the Stance E+ dig better in the soles). Someday I'll try clip-ins :)

Implor

Nov 8, 2021
Sweden
Anyone using muddhugger rear fender?

tested mounting it yesterday but was not secure enough for my liking. Anyone can share how their mounted their?

Goughy75

Sep 22, 2019
UK
Anyone using muddhugger rear fender?

tested mounting it yesterday but was not secure enough for my liking. Anyone can share how their mounted their?
I used some old inner tube to protect the frame where the mudhugger mounts. I then sanded down the contact point on the mudhugger as it was not completely flat. When attaching the guard to the bike I used all the zip tie slots as tight as I could on both sides of the guard. It works great for me and never slips.

Implor

Nov 8, 2021
Sweden
I used some old inner tube to protect the frame where the mudhugger mounts. I then sanded down the contact point on the mudhugger as it was not completely flat. When attaching the guard to the bike I used all the zip tie slots as tight as I could on both sides of the guard. It works great for me and never slips.
I’m planing to drill some extra holes in in the fender to make mounting better for the reign.

Implor

Nov 8, 2021
Sweden
Initially I bought this one anf it fits easly in the M Frame. But I wanted more and just got ghe YT 4000 Bottle.

the smallest camelbacks are underrated. Can’t even feel It after 5min. Especially with full gear (body armor, FF and so on).

POC has a small backpack with back plate even.
D4F2642D-7558-4BE2-82B3-AE7B6C787D6C.png

Chuggz

Dec 13, 2019
Australia
Newbie here, may I ask which tires, disc brake rotors and which pedals did you install?

My brakes (also XT in the E+1) are often noisy when wet or after heating a bit - way noisier than the ones on the Stance E+ (same SLX 203mm rotor, but MT420 4 piston calipers, never really made any noise in any condition - only for a couple of seconds when first getting wet). I went through the bed-in process "properly" (as much as I know) on both bikes. I'm thinking of switching the rotors and/or brake
I got the DMR Vault Brendog pedals on mine, don't look nearly as slick as the ones in your photo and I'm not ecstatic with the grip either (using 5/10 rubber, they're okay - replaced all the pins with the included Moto X ones -, but I'm left with the impression that the Crankbrothers Stamp 2 I have on the Stance E+ dig better in the soles). Someday I'll try clip-ins :)

Maxxis assegai 2.6 fr & Rear
Hope cranks 155mm
Magura mdrp rotors 220F 203R
Burgtec bars
Spank split stem
ODI grips
Shimano xtr chain (stock is rubbish)
Pedals are giant brand DH flat pedals
These are grippy as these pedals and chew your shoes up too.

The brakes are noisy from the metal pads
Mine do it too but fleas away pretty quick once the water dries up.

LJR69

Jan 4, 2022
UK
Anyone else had a problem to reach the dropper lever?

View attachment 81528

the breaks are so close to the remote as possible. They interfere on the other side. Gap between break clamp and remote is to small to have the lever clamp.

when I hold my normal grip my tum tip tuches the lever. Very bad ergonomic in other words.
I had this issue, I also felt the ridecontrol ergo 3 was too far tilted away from my thumb making pressing the power up button slightly awkward. I ended up loosing the ridecontrol and tilting it a bit toward me. This mean I could then slide the brake lever clamp into the recess. See the attached images
IMG_1387.JPG
IMG_1385.JPG
IMG_1386.JPG

Banksay

Nov 3, 2021
Arbroath, Scotland
I had this issue, I also felt the ridecontrol ergo 3 was too far tilted away from my thumb making pressing the power up button slightly awkward. I ended up loosing the ridecontrol and tilting it a bit toward me. This mean I could then slide the brake lever clamp into the recess. See the attached images View attachment 81933

Looking at this pic, I've just realised my bike didn't come with the grips shaped to match the ridecontrol. I now feel cheated. I reckon I deserve at least a 1k refund from Giant to compensate for the emotional distress this has now caused.

LJR69

Jan 4, 2022
UK
Looking at this pic, I've just realised my bike didn't come with the grips shaped to match the ridecontrol. I now feel cheated. I reckon I deserve at least a 1k refund from Giant to compensate for the emotional distress this has now caused.
I think they were a 1k option :p

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles