Reign E+ 2022

LJR69

Jan 4, 2022
UK
Looks like a +2? Size? Looks like a float x shock? Waiting on my +2 in USA. Looks killer, gives us some feedback after a ride if you dont mind, thanks!!
Yeah, definitely a +2. That's a DPX2 shock, which is the same shock I have on my non-E Orbea Occam M10 and it's an outstanding shock.

Picking up my +1 tomorrow - WHOOP 🥳

Macone

E*POWAH Master
Oct 28, 2018
Wellington New Zealand
Looks like a +2? Size? Looks like a float x shock? Waiting on my +2 in USA. Looks killer, gives us some feedback after a ride if you dont mind, thanks!!
+2 size Medium, DPX2. only been for a 20k easy trail ride with the wife this morning but can already say its much quieter with smoother power delivery than my Shimano E8000 powered Focus Jam2. Going for a bit of a tougher 40k ride in a couple of hours, so should learn a lot more about the bike on that one.

Reactions: MO1

MO1

Dec 16, 2021
USA
+2 size Medium, DPX2. only been for a 20k easy trail ride with the wife this morning but can already say its much quieter with smoother power delivery than my Shimano E8000 powered Focus Jam2. Going for a bit of a tougher 40k ride in a couple of hours, so should learn a lot more about the bike on that one.
Running the low or high setting? Enjoy the new ride!!

Macone

E*POWAH Master
Oct 28, 2018
Wellington New Zealand
Low at this stage, will assess after this next ride and see if that works for me. I'm 60 years old and not a real aggressive rider so I reckon it will.
Well I went out for 40km with 664m of climbing, using mainly level 2 and 3 with 4 on 1 very steep hill. Total Ride Time 1h 51m. Biggest improvement over my older E8000 bike, is the smooth, more natural, power delivery in any mode. I don't feel the motor is any more powerful than my wifes PWX2 in her LIV, but its definitely smoother, quieter and more natural feeling. Bike is "plusher" and more stable on the fast downhills than my Focus Jam2. I'm 60 years young and 111kg and used about 65% of the 625wh battery(well pleased with that). I did find the mode switch a bit "fiddly" to use whilst on the rougher terrain and would prefer a more positive click with more "feedback", but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Still playing with suspension setup and particularly found the recommended air pressure for the ZEB for my weight, to be way too much and am only using, at best, 50% of the travel, so will lower that pressure for tomorrows ride. DPX2 with Maestro rear end, is so much nicer than the "Fold" system on the Focus.

Buckaroony

Dec 17, 2021
UK
I took my Reign +1 out to the Forest of Dean earlier in the week and covered 14 miles with 1444ft of elevation on only 36% battery. I was in mode 2 for pretty much the whole ride and found it plenty powerful enough.
I’m really impressed with the motor and the fact that it’s so quiet and smooth, the bike just feels “light” and “nimble” like a much smaller ride.
Descending is just hilarious, so much grip and a real hoot. I had smiles for miles. Again the bike feels nimble and chuckable.
I plan to ride the downhill trails next time rather than the XC loop, I haven’t ridden in a while so I needed something sedate to build my confidence back up.
Overall I’m super pleased with the bike.

Buckle

Dec 18, 2021
UK
IMG_4844.JPG
You won't be disappointed. Just pop in the battery and ride. Spend time on your suspension not your app and you'll have a downhill bike which is very pleasant to ride up hill! It will do both very fast.

M AP

Dec 27, 2021
Milan, Italy
Well I went out for 40km with 664m of climbing, using mainly level 2 and 3 with 4 on 1 very steep hill. Total Ride Time 1h 51m. Biggest improvement over my older E8000 bike, is the smooth, more natural, power delivery in any mode. I don't feel the motor is any more powerful than my wifes PWX2 in her LIV, but its definitely smoother, quieter and more natural feeling. Bike is "plusher" and more stable on the fast downhills than my Focus Jam2. I'm 60 years young and 111kg and used about 65% of the 625wh battery(well pleased with that). I did find the mode switch a bit "fiddly" to use whilst on the rougher terrain and would prefer a more positive click with more "feedback", but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Still playing with suspension setup and particularly found the recommended air pressure for the ZEB for my weight, to be way too much and am only using, at best, 50% of the travel, so will lower that pressure for tomorrows ride. DPX2 with Maestro rear end, is so much nicer than the "Fold" system on the Focus.
I’m coming from the JAM2 as well with Shimano E8000. I’ve been riding my new Giant Reign for almost 2 months now and I see no comparison on rough terrain, with the Reign going so much faster and smoother. I’ve the +0 with the Fox forward and I’m about to open it and to take out some (one) of the tokens. I’m 80kg and with the correct sag I’m not reaching its full extension. I’ve done the same with the rear suspension taking out one of the tokens and I’m now able to use the full spectrum of the suspension.

Alkers

Aug 12, 2021
Dublin, Ireland
Can anyone recommend a set of fenders / mud guards for a E+ 3?
Also any suggestions for keeping the bottom shock mount for the rear shock clean? Mine is just a pool of mud after every ride and even after washing it just pools and retains water.

Pudding

Oct 3, 2021
Canada
Also any suggestions for keeping the bottom shock mount for the rear shock clean? Mine is just a pool of mud after every ride and even after washing it just pools and retains water.
I have the Mudhugger evo bolt-on front fender for the ZEB that came on my e+2, it looks like the domain on the e+3 has the same fork arch holes for a bolt-on fender, keep in mind you also have to buy a ZEB adapter for the mudhugger front fenders. On the rear I used a small mudhugger rear fender, I don’t like the look very much, but it works. I also used a marsh guard zip tied below the mudhugger rear fender to add a bit of extra coverage lower down. There’s a nice RRP rear fender that would give some coverage to the rear, but it won’t help with mud on your backside. As for the lower rear shock mount I just wash it out and put the bike up on the rear wheel to let it drain out after a ride, not much you could do about it during a ride I don’t think.

yamrider

Oct 27, 2021
Canada
Defiantly a swamp down there after a muddy ride , I used a front mudhugger and trimmed it up to meet with a rear Mudhugger above. there is a small drain hole below shock but plugs up quickly.

mrandrewau

Jan 10, 2022
Canada
@seofrancisco and anyone else who have installed RideWrap, do you think a RideWrap tailored kit intended for medium will fit a small frame? Reason is that RideWrap doesn't have a small for the Reign E+. I'm ready to cut off excessive if it's not too complicated, but I think realistically the dimensional differences between the two sizes actually quite small so should be okay. Let me know what you think.

Lastly, is it possible to install 29 in the rear without scraping anything? Probably not going to do it, but just curious.

Last edited:

Ordinary Human Male

Jun 28, 2021
Australia
I just measured the chainstay by measuring the centre of the crank bolt to the rear axle and got 462.6mm. This is obviously longer than the 454mm listed on the geo chart. Does anyone know the reason for this discrepancy and able to confirm with their bike?

MO1

Dec 16, 2021
USA
I just measured the chainstay by measuring the centre of the crank bolt to the rear axle and got 462.6mm. This is obviously longer than the 454mm listed on the geo chart. Does anyone know the reason for this discrepancy and able to confirm with their bike?
This is common when men measure length of their chainstayz...🤣 Always measures longer than it really is!! 😎

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
Interesting observation, the chainstay reduction has been well documented by Giant.
I haven’t seen this anywhere and I must have read everything about this bike before buying one (arriving in 1 month) 🙄
Flip chip on high or low should not have any effect… Can anyone check this?

Sherman

May 9, 2018
3rd Rock
How are chainstays actually measured? Through center of the bike or along the chainstay? Because latter would give longer result because chainstays are wider at the rear end of the bike.

MO1

Dec 16, 2021
USA
Im sure he is busy and getting a good bit of rides and in depth info as well as regular life shit!! We appreciate you Rob!! Beat that Giant Reign E+ and bash the motor/skid into rocks and roots because thats info I need riding here in Utah! Godspeed!!

Implor

Nov 8, 2021
Sweden
Let the Guy get some xmas peace. It takes 3-4 days of filming to do the video. On that you are depending on the weather co-operating. He have had the bike less then 2 months.

he even might be waiting for some response from Giant about the software/app issues.

Donamici

Jan 1, 2022
Ireland
Another one waiting for the review, hopefully be worth it. There was a Reign in the shop ready and waiting but didn't want to push the button until I've seen a review or two. Now it's sold! 😬

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles