Reign E+ 2022

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
This is slightly disappointing to hear, I presume the power isn’t being limited by software somehow? Settings or app on full boost? I’m hearing a few others are hearing odd noises on disengagement etc?

Power is maxed out for every mode in my app.

Are you using auto-mode? Or the standard settings? This is interesting, as I've never tried a Brose, but find the Yamaha pretty torquey in general.

Using standard settings, did not try auto-mode yet, but I'm pretty sure result will be the same.

The Yamaha is really powerful and torquey once up to the proper cadence, never running out of power and I find myself lowering the power mode most of the time because I find it too powerful.

The only major flaw in my case is on steeper climbs where cadence is lowering, the Yamaha motor is a lacking that high torque output for me.

Chuggz

Dec 13, 2019
Australia
This is the noise it makes when you pedal hard and stop suddenly, then in normal gear it goes well, it is only in some sudden acceleration and stop.
The bike has 50 kilometers, is it normal for the new pw-x3 engine? It does not affect the operation, just that engine noise.

That sounds normal like my 2020 reign did

wildmantas

Aug 24, 2021
Tasmania
Hey can anyone with a '22 Reign 0 tell me if the cassette is 52 tooth or 50? Or if the derailleur is 52 tooth compatible ie Eagle Lunar? Can't tell in the pictures, but I do like the big bailout ratio the Lunar 52 tooth cassette provides. I have a Reign 0 on order but delivery keeps getting delayed ...

vte.ktm

Oct 30, 2021
Spain
I want opinions from people who also have the new yamaha pw-x3 engine in the new giant reign 20222, the bike has only 50 km, I want to know if it is normal or if someone who has the same model also happens.
when you pedal, it has a little dead center, before you start to push the wheel with a clicking noise.

Today I tested it in a trance X e + 2021, the same with the rear wheel raised with the support and pushing the pedal in the same way and it is the same noise, it seems that when the wheel is raised and does not press against the ground , It has like that little dead center until it hooks, with the wheel on the ground it does not, it is perfect, if someone else could try it on the new pw-x3 2022, I would appreciate it

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
Hi! That's the "normal" noise when engaging the motor. It is louder on the pw-x3, but it is present in pw-x and pw-x2 as well as other manufacturers. Some sounds higher than others.

I think you don't have to worry, just watch it over time, you have plenty of warranty yet ;)

Cheers from Spain!

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
Hey can anyone with a '22 Reign 0 tell me if the cassette is 52 tooth or 50? Or if the derailleur is 52 tooth compatible ie Eagle Lunar? Can't tell in the pictures, but I do like the big bailout ratio the Lunar 52 tooth cassette provides. I have a Reign 0 on order but delivery keeps getting delayed ...

Both Reign 0 & 2 have the same Sram NX cassette that is 11-50T.

Both derailleurs on 0 & 2 are compatible with 11-52T cassettes however.

vte.ktm

Oct 30, 2021
Spain
[QUOTE = "KuRi, publicación: 348414, miembro: 4164"]
¡Hola! Ese es el ruido "normal" cuando se activa el motor. Es más fuerte en el pw-x3, pero está presente en pw-x y pw-x2, así como en otros fabricantes. Algunos suenan más agudos que otros.

Creo que no tienes que preocuparte, solo míralo a lo largo del tiempo, todavía tienes mucha garantía ;)

¡Salud desde España!
[/CITA]
Gracias desde España también, en concreto desde Valencia :)

hokkane4

Jan 3, 2019
Finland
Could some one with new Reign take picture of brake disk mounted magnet (for speed sensor)? Specially if you have bike with Shimano brakes? I plan is to replace the Shimano brakes with SRAM brakes when the bike arrives and was just wondering if I can use the same magnet?

In below picture the magnet is not unfortunately visible.

1636118535327.png

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
The magnet sits on a plate which is held by two of the six screws of the brake rotor. Works with every 6-bolt rotor.just switched from Shimano to Galfer and then to Magura and had no issues at all.

Chuggz

Dec 13, 2019
Australia
There mustn’t be many owners out there,
I still don’t believe they are working after getting wet
Was a massive issue with previous year

Chuggz

Dec 13, 2019
Australia
This is the noise it makes when you pedal hard and stop suddenly, then in normal gear it goes well, it is only in some sudden acceleration and stop.
The bike has 50 kilometers, is it normal for the new pw-x3 engine? It does not affect the operation, just that engine noise.

Is that your standard rear hub?
Sounds good

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
There mustn’t be many owners out there,
I still don’t believe they are working after getting wet
Was a massive issue with previous year
I can't confirm this for the 2021 Trance X e+ which was washer hosed down dozend of times.
Also not for my 2019 Trance SX e+ after the LBS did the cables.
My New Reign 2022 does also still work fine after washing it.
Giant learned their lesson - so please do not claim there is a general issue with water

Chuggz

Dec 13, 2019
Australia
I can't confirm this for the 2021 Trance X e+ which was washer hosed down dozend of times.
Also not for my 2019 Trance SX e+ after the LBS did the cables.
My New Reign 2022 does also still work fine after washing it.
Giant learned their lesson - so please do not claim there is a general issue with water
Yeah well my 2020 reign1 would turn off if I even said the word water.
it was a genuine issue for 2020 models.
I think most know this.
I’m not claiming anything for the new ones. I guess I’ll have to wait for mine to arrive.

Beer Man

Aug 24, 2021
Canada
Yeah well my 2020 reign1 would turn off if I even said the word water.
it was a genuine issue for 2020 models.
I think most know this.
I’m not claiming anything for the new ones. I guess I’ll have to wait for mine to arrive.
My buddy just bought the Reign E1 a couple of weeks ago had a 4 or 5 rides on it and it got muddy. Hosed it off a couple of times, and now it will shut off while climbing or descending. He bought it from a corporate store here in Vancouver. He will hopefully find out if they can fix it next week. Store does not seem to helpful. It rains a lot here so this ebike may not have been the right choice for here.

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
"Hosed it off a couple of times"... 😖
I wouldn't do that to any e-bike. Remedy would be to get all parts completely dry, probably some disassembly ☹

Mr Dog

Sep 26, 2021
Switzerland
"Hosed it off a couple of times"... 😖
I wouldn't do that to any e-bike. Remedy would be to get all parts completely dry, probably some disassembly ☹
Any mountain bike electric or otherwise should be built to withstand being considerately hosed down. Every trail center has a bike wash and people still want to pull the wheels off and throw the e-bike in the back of the nice clean car and drive home after a day in the rain and mud. If the bike cant take it then its not fit for purpose and the manufacturer needs to offer a solution.

I have a Reign E+1 on order and I will ride it in all conditions, drive 100s of km with it on the bike rack, camp with it on the bike rack uncovered leaving it exposed to rain, snow and whatever else and hose it down when I can no longer tell what color it is. This is how I have 'cared for' my Trek Rail and my wife's Decathlon Stilus and we never experienced any issues . 4000km on the Rail and it just lived through the rainiest summer for about 20 years. I expect the same from Giant.

Of course if you are holding the hose 10mm away from the join in the cover and letting rip at full flow then maybe you need to reconsider your technique.

I hope the issues that are being experienced are just the result of some fault/defect/quality miss or over enthusiastic cleaning that can easily be rectified because an EMTB should be able to tolerate that by design.

Tim gosnold

Nov 5, 2021
Fordingbridge
Hello guys I’m new to this so please be gentle. I’m getting an ebike but not sure what. Really interested in the new 2022 reign. A big factor is the range and the 750 battery. Has any one got any experience of how much more range they get with this over anything else. Thanks

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Any mountain bike electric or otherwise should be built to withstand being considerately hosed down. Every trail center has a bike wash and people still want to pull the wheels off and throw the e-bike in the back of the nice clean car and drive home after a day in the rain and mud. If the bike cant take it then its not fit for purpose and the manufacturer needs to offer a solution.

I have a Reign E+1 on order and I will ride it in all conditions, drive 100s of km with it on the bike rack, camp with it on the bike rack uncovered leaving it exposed to rain, snow and whatever else and hose it down when I can no longer tell what color it is. This is how I have 'cared for' my Trek Rail and my wife's Decathlon Stilus and we never experienced any issues . 4000km on the Rail and it just lived through the rainiest summer for about 20 years. I expect the same from Giant.

Of course if you are holding the hose 10mm away from the join in the cover and letting rip at full flow then maybe you need to reconsider your technique.

I hope the issues that are being experienced are just the result of some fault/defect/quality miss or over enthusiastic cleaning that can easily be rectified because an EMTB should be able to tolerate that by design.
Exactly, I’ll be on my 4th EMTB when my reign turns up and have jet washed them all after each swamp, torrential rain and mud fuelled ride. Dry down, relube and it’s ready to fight another day. None have missed a beat. If the giant starts to flutter after a couple of weeks/ months I’ll be seriously pissed!

if water ingress does become an issue would the solution or rectification lie with giant or Yamaha..? :unsure:

Last edited:

Nasty Nick

Dec 4, 2018
Ventura, CA US
Does anyone know why some Giants have issues with water? If it has anything to do with electrical connections there is nothing better than ACF-50! Its an aerospace product that has literally save millions of dirt bikes and off-road cars. If there is any dielectric grease is here wipe it out and spray in the acf-50 as preventative maintenance.

vte.ktm

Oct 30, 2021
Spain
hello, someone has tried to change the "FLIPCHIP" to the hight position, the frame raises 10 mm, and the angle stays at 64.5º which is very, very good, has someone changed it and tried sensations?

1636328741703.png

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
Does anyone know why some Giants have issues with water? If it has anything to do with electrical connections there is nothing better than ACF-50! Its an aerospace product that has literally save millions of dirt bikes and off-road cars. If there is any dielectric grease is here wipe it out and spray in the acf-50 as preventative maintenance.

My wife's giant trance +0 2019 had wire harness and 2 controller's replaced, not all at once also had the battery aligned. 99% dry conditions (dusty)
would cut out even on smooth tarmac.
The bike mechanic has done lots of wiring/electric on the giants, the motor it self seams fine no problem with that. The concern is bike is out of warranty now so if problems occur no we have to pay for repairs.

My powerfly has cutting out problems also but only when descending on rough terrain, most likely battery. Also has been adjusted.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles