Reign E+ 2022

Dale_Calgary

Jan 22, 2022
Calgary
how are you liking those wheels? what hub did you go with, do they feel much different from the stock set?
Only one ride so far and it wasn't on anything tough to get a good feel for them. I went with the onyx hubs so I can stealth through hotels as I normally carry the regular bike with industry nine hubs because its noisy, ebike I won't be carrying. What I have noticed is the onyx hubs rolls much smoother and easier, I do believe it will be slightly faster than the stock hubs. The wheels are Nobl tr41 so they are strong, not super light but lifetime no questions asked replacement warranty if they break while riding.

Mikects

Feb 27, 2022
Auckland, New Zealand
Anyone swapped their bars for some with more rise? I’m suffering a bit with hand numbness on the flat that disappears if I drop the saddle about 30mm. Fine on uphills and downhills (saddle lowered usually). Not sure if they would upset the handling? Reign E+ 1 XL - 198cm, long legs.

Buckle

Dec 18, 2021
UK
Anyone swapped their bars for some with more rise? I’m suffering a bit with hand numbness on the flat that disappears if I drop the saddle about 30mm. Fine on uphills and downhills (saddle lowered usually). Not sure if they would upset the handling? Reign E+ 1 XL - 198cm, long legs.
I’ve just ordered some OSX Chromags 35’s. I’m hoping they will help with overall posture.

Endorium

Jan 29, 2022
Cannock
Had the same issue. Went for 35mm rise in the new nukeproof V2 alloy bars. Best bars for those and sweep I have ever found. Use them on all my bikes..put more expensive bars to shame

Rsdn

Apr 9, 2022
Finland
Any suggestions on a good quality rear wheel with an XD hub? Looking to upgrade to a X01 cassette and at a quick glance LBS offered only Raceface and read that those might have some issues with axles.
Price point around 500€. DT Swiss wheels sound like a no-brainer, any experiences with Reign E+?

Buckle

Dec 18, 2021
UK
Any suggestions on a good quality rear wheel with an XD hub? Looking to upgrade to a X01 cassette and at a quick glance LBS offered only Raceface and read that those might have some issues with axles.
Price point around 500€. DT Swiss wheels sound like a no-brainer, any experiences with Reign E+?

DT Swiss EX511's is the only way to go.

Fordo 197

Apr 2, 2022
Uk
Yes I swapped the stock bars out for 40mm rise (use carbon) if I didn't have them already I'd of bought renthal fat bar in alloy, had the before and they're super comfy

Fordo 197

Apr 2, 2022
Uk
I went DT Swiss fr560 rims. Even stronger
The stock ally rims are soft. I'm running higher pressures now. Wheel is still perfectly true.

IMG20220415124124.jpg

Endorium

Jan 29, 2022
Cannock
Yeah, I want to run the pressures I like without the rim falling apart. Fr560 is Dt Swiss strongest rim. I do a lot of bike parks and rocky trail riding so wanted something reliable

Kyzo

Nov 30, 2021
Elche
Does anyone know the leverage ratio of this 2022 model or do you have the graph? I've searched the internet and haven't found anything. someone who has put a spring and weighs 90kg? 550lbs?

Endorium

Jan 29, 2022
Cannock
In my experience any wtb rim is not great. I have destroyed a few. Not that exact model but been through enough to not touch them again.

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
In my experience any wtb rim is not great. I have destroyed a few. Not that exact model but been through enough to not touch them again.
Hmmm someone always seems to issues with products no matter what… if you look at the cross section of the HTZ including 32 offset spokes I would be amazed if you destroyed it as well. Ruining a wheel doesn’t mean that much no matter what brand , there is many variables that come into play. So unless there’s A lot of complaints about a certain wheel and you start off with a good strong set your good to go 👍😎

“The thickest rim walls we offer, a proven I-Beam center support, asymmetrical spoke hole drilling and dependable 6069 aluminum alloy deliver a bombproof rim that doesn't break the bank. HTZ i35 and i40 rims are optimized for your e-assist trail bike running 2.6-3.0" tires.”

E2161404-B48D-4DC5-AE12-1B10DAFC39A7.jpeg

Mikects

Feb 27, 2022
Auckland, New Zealand
I had WTB rims on my 2006 Santa Cruz Blur LT - were still good as new (kind of) when I sold the bike last year after several thousand miles of not very gentle use. They were built up using Hope hubs and DT spokes by someone who knew what they were doing though.

So often component failures on MTBs are more down to quality of assembly than the parts themselves as proven by my battery falling out on the first ride - nothing to do with the parts - they just weren’t assembled properly.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
So often component failures on MTBs are more down to quality of assembly
Definitely true with wheels; probably more so than most other components. I get the average spoke tension from each side of a new wheel, then set about getting all the spokes each side close to the same tension. A bit of fine tuning on centering the wheel (if needed) and truing. When I've finished I have so much more confidence in those wheels - they're as strong as they can be with those components. There are always some spokes that are a fair bit over and under tension prior to this. It's time consuming but the wheels generally stay true after that - I'm still learning jumps, which means I often land pretty hard.

Endorium

Jan 29, 2022
Cannock
I had WTB rims on my 2006 Santa Cruz Blur LT - were still good as new (kind of) when I sold the bike last year after several thousand miles of not very gentle use. They were built up using Hope hubs and DT spokes by someone who knew what they were doing though.

So often component failures on MTBs are more down to quality of assembly than the parts themselves as proven by my battery falling out on the first ride - nothing to do with the parts - they just weren’t assembled properly.
Agreed. But it's not just me. Modern wtb rims have a reputation of being cheese. They come as standard on Santa cruzs and are really poor quality. Never had an issue with DT Swiss. Just my experience over time.

Ordinary Human Male

Jun 28, 2021
Australia
Agreed. But it's not just me. Modern wtb rims have a reputation of being cheese. They come as standard on Santa cruzs and are really poor quality. Never had an issue with DT Swiss. Just my experience over time.

Except that you don't have ANY experience with the HTZ. Nor have you stated what WTB rims you've broken previously so any sort of meaningful comparison can be made.

HTZ i30 is most likely stronger than the FR650.

kgoran79

Apr 9, 2020
Hungary
Today I had the first problems with the motor. After about 20km the motor suddenly stopped, switched on again, after 10 meters it stopped again. Battery out, waited a bit, back in. After a km again the same. I then made my way home, but on the last 5km the motor wouldn't turn on at all. At home I was able to switch it on again, made a diagnosis with the app, everything is green, the battery has a 40% charge.

Has anyone had such a problem?

Endorium

Jan 29, 2022
Cannock
Except that you don't have ANY experience with the HTZ. Nor have you stated what WTB rims you've broken previously so any sort of meaningful comparison can be made.

HTZ i30 is most likely stronger than the FR650.
Just have little faith in wtb as a company. DT Swiss on the other hand, all the rims they make are fantastic. You can find plenty of users and reviews on them. Fr560 used by plenty of world cup riders and enduro racers due to them being bulletproof. Loads of reviews on them by users as well. Widely accepted as the best/strongest rim you can get, hence going with it. Can hardly find any reviews on the wtb and even less by people that actually use them.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles