Reign E+ 2022

kimochi

Feb 16, 2021
California
Had my 2022 E+2 since the start of the year now, first ebike. Put's a smile on my face everytime i'm out on it. Was worried about the weight at first but when you're flying round you can't feel it. The bike is fast and to me you just feel safe on it, must be the weight which adds to that. Can't compare to other motors, had no issues so far with this, nice and quiet. I find the power of the bike to be brilliant. Do think the brakes need bleeding as the leavers are coming back close to the bar.

I found that water was getting in behind the battery cover when out riding but took the advice of another member in here and used some foam mounting tape (I used some spare tape i had for mounting a reg plate) just around the inside edge of where the battery goes. Stops a massive amount of water getting in for me.

I did have to get a smaller water bottle to fit in the medium frame so went with the flidlock 450ml which works a treat. Just need some dry weather now, sick to death of the mud and slop.

Thinking about getting a spare chain in, just in case. What would you guys/gals recommended? Unsure on how many links, might have to sit and count...

View attachment 80607

can you insert the dropper post all the way in? Or does the shock pivot/bolt limits it? Thanks man.

Gally

Dec 24, 2021
UK
can you insert the dropper post all the way in? Or does the shock pivot/bolt limits it? Thanks man.
I'm not too sure to be honest as it's the right height there for me. Didn't need to move it when I got the bike. If I could I would like it all the way down so it's more out of the way.

Rocketslug

Jan 24, 2022
Ireland
Just picked my e+2 up today. Anyone have any tips on the CODE R brakes? Mine feel rubbish. Squishy (pulling back almost to bar) and very rubbish stopping power.

Tried a brake bed in. Didn't make much difference.
I'd a nightmare trying to bleed these. Finally got it by pushing back the pistons.

Duke

Feb 15, 2021
Germany
Today i decided to give my reign e+1 back to the LBS. I love the riding but i hate the battery consumption. 2 batterys dosn't make it better and the scratched frame pissed me off. LBS made me an excellent deal for an Levo Expert 2022 so i change at Wednesday. Hopefully i like the riding the same.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Today i decided to give my reign e+1 back to the LBS. I love the riding but i hate the battery consumption. 2 batterys dosn't make it better and the scratched frame pissed me off. LBS made me an excellent deal for an Levo Expert 2022 so i change at Wednesday. Hopefully i like the riding the same.
Hope the levo does it for you bud, I’ve decided against the giant as well after a lot of milling it over. Way too many water ingress issues in other forums to ignore, albeit on older models. I’ve just picked up a Mondraker crafty carbon, great looking machine! Still looking forward to seeing the new reigns out and about though :) (y)

May 14, 2019
NSW
Second ride on the Reign e+2 today. Amazing. What a bike.

Impressions; It's a dream to ride in terms of feel. Quite stiff (or stiff enough) for the fire trail/tarmac climbs, but the moment I point it downhill, in particular in the rocky chunder - it feels so plush!

I'm no lightweight, so I have the ZEB Select and DPX2 pumped up to a high PSI, but they feel super supportive, not wallowy or sharp at all.

I'm 178cm, on a large with a shorter inseam (about 31") and it fits perfect.

I've only been on a couple rides, so the battery still has some conditioning to go through, but today was about 18km and didn't break 70%. I think that's amazing considering the weight it's carrying. I rode mostly on level 3 today. But did shoot down to 2 for the DH and up to 4 and a touch of 5 at the very end (for the road).

Brakes (CODE R) have been bled twice now. Feeling much better now (still think I prefer Shimano) and will hold onto them for a while longer now.

Grips are TRASH. Changed them after about 4 minutes of having the bike. Bu this is a TINY insignificant detail.

What a rig! Stoked.

Implor

Nov 8, 2021
Sweden
What range did you get and how heavy are you?

what turbo Levo did you get and what was the price? Levo is beautiful but similar spec to E1 is something like an extra 4500euro if you check base prices.

Last edited:

goroncy

May 1, 2020
Munich
Second ride on the Reign e+2 today. Amazing. What a bike.

Impressions; It's a dream to ride in terms of feel. Quite stiff (or stiff enough) for the fire trail/tarmac climbs, but the moment I point it downhill, in particular in the rocky chunder - it feels so plush!

I'm no lightweight, so I have the ZEB Select and DPX2 pumped up to a high PSI, but they feel super supportive, not wallowy or sharp at all.

I'm 178cm, on a large with a shorter inseam (about 31") and it fits perfect.

I've only been on a couple rides, so the battery still has some conditioning to go through, but today was about 18km and didn't break 70%. I think that's amazing considering the weight it's carrying. I rode mostly on level 3 today. But did shoot down to 2 for the DH and up to 4 and a touch of 5 at the very end (for the road).

Brakes (CODE R) have been bled twice now. Feeling much better now (still think I prefer Shimano) and will hold onto them for a while longer now.

Grips are TRASH. Changed them after about 4 minutes of having the bike. Bu this is a TINY insignificant detail.

What a rig! Stoked.

I love those grips 😜. Honestly. They are especially good when I'm soaking wet.

About the brakes. Guys. I know it's money but try Galfer pads. Of course bleed the brakes correctly first. If you want more power take green Galfers. I bought the violet emtb specific for my e reign. Just to experiment. They are lauder then green pads a just slightly less powerful but I can already tell that they will last longer. I will definitely install them on my normal enduro bike when the green pads will be worn out.

goroncy

May 1, 2020
Munich

what turbo Levo did you get and what was the price? Levo is beautiful but similar spec to E1 is something like an extra 4500euro if you check base prices.

I think that for range analysis @Rob Rides EMTB is absolutely necessary.

I did 40km and 1000m vertical riding mostly level 3. Snow all the time. VERY low tire pressure (1,6bar rear, 1,4 front). Weight of me + gear is 88kg. MaxxGrip Shorty in the front.

For real testing you need someone who rides the same terrain in the same temperature or at least has experience how to compare the numbers (Rob). Because to be honest the battery consumption numbers are all over the place if you don't account for all those things. My gut feeling is that it's not worse than my Bosch 4th gen with 625Wh battery. But is it better I don't know :(.

goroncy

May 1, 2020
Munich
I'd a nightmare trying to bleed these. Finally got it by pushing back the pistons.

Pushing back the pistons is "a must" thing to do when you have air in the system. What was so nightmarish about bleeding SRAM brakes? We have Shimano, SRAM and Hope at home and SRAM is definitely the most comfortable to bleed.

Rocketslug

Jan 24, 2022
Ireland
Pushing back the pistons is "a must" thing to do when you have air in the system. What was so nightmarish about bleeding SRAM brakes? We have Shimano, SRAM and Hope at home and SRAM is definitely the most comfortable to bleed.
I thought that following the SRAM YouTube bleeding tutorial would see me through. I was wrong. :rolleyes: Lesson learned. Delighted I got it in the end.

Duke

Feb 15, 2021
Germany

My reach was 35-38 km with 800-900 Hm

With my old Levo 2020 with 700Wh I did 50-60 km with 1300-1500 Hm on the same trails.

The coming Levo is an Expert 2022. I will get a full refund for the Reign (which i've ridden for 360 km) an get the Levo for 8300 Euro.
I think that is extraordinary, because I have a real good relationship to the shop.

Last edited:

goroncy

May 1, 2020
Munich
My reach was 35-38 km with 800-900 Hm

With my old Levo 2020 with 700Wh I did 50-60 km with 1300-1500 Hm on the same trails.

The coming Levo is an Expert 2022. I will get a full refund for the Reign (which i've ridden for 360 km) an get the Levo for 8600 Euro.
I think that is extraordinary, because I have a real good relationship to the shop.

That's less than I did in deep snow and -5°C. With my terror rubber in the front. What's your weight?

goroncy

May 1, 2020
Munich
Would be fun with a tire range test. 1.2kg DD vs 850 EXO+. How much do it affect range. Maybe something for EMBN.

If you will take 1,2kg DD and 850gr EXO+ both with MaxxTerra the results will be pretty much identical if you will lower the pressure in DD just a bit. MaxxTerra on both wheels vs MaxxGrip on both wheels will make a big difference. At least this is what the "analog" legs feel ;).

Implor

Nov 8, 2021
Sweden
If you will take 1,2kg DD and 850gr EXO+ both with MaxxTerra the results will be pretty much identical if you will lower the pressure in DD just a bit. MaxxTerra on both wheels vs MaxxGrip on both wheels will make a big difference. At least this is what the "analog" legs feel ;).
My idea was to show maximal difference. So 1.2 MaxxGrip vs 850gram DC(or max terra). I notice a massive difference on my analog bike so I'm guessing it will impact range a lot. Question is if its 10%, 15 %or 25% range decrease.

goroncy

May 1, 2020
Munich
My idea was to show maximal difference. So 1.2 MaxxGrip vs 850gram DC(or max terra). I notice a massive difference on my analog bike so I'm guessing it will impact range a lot. Question is if its 10%, 15 %or 25% range decrease.

My guess is more than 20%. Yesterday when my battery died I couldn't believe the resistance. Shorty MaxxGrip front + Highroller MaxxTerra rear felt like I had brakes 80% on. This was on snow. Normally this E-Bike with motor off doesn't feel like that at all. So I was very impressed I did this 40km/1000m with -5°C. Because the resistance was bonkers and temperature was pretty low.

Tim gosnold

Nov 5, 2021
Fordingbridge
This is a ride I did in peaslake between Xmas and new year was probably about 8 degrees and was seriously wet and muddy. Most of the ride was mostly on the 2nd setting apart from the last 5 miles or so on the way back to the van.

6FA521BA-CB78-4280-9F4A-CC758903A47A.png

Implor

Nov 8, 2021
Sweden
This is a ride I did in peaslake between Xmas and new year was probably about 8 degrees and was seriously wet and muddy. Most of the ride was mostly on the 2nd setting apart from the last 5 miles or so on the way back to the van.

View attachment 80722
I would say that is very good. On my analog bike I do maybe 25-30km and 400m elevation. Guessing range will not be an issue as I ride with non-ebike ppl :).

Hoping for a review from Rob this week ;).

Gills

Dec 5, 2021
New Zealand
My guess is more than 20%. Yesterday when my battery died I couldn't believe the resistance. Shorty MaxxGrip front + Highroller MaxxTerra rear felt like I had brakes 80% on. This was on snow. Normally this E-Bike with motor off doesn't feel like that at all. So I was very impressed I did this 40km/1000m with -5°C. Because the resistance was bonkers and temperature was pretty low.
I am happy with my battery performance.
Bike is +1 with 625wh.
Riding weight is a bit over 100kg
I’ve ridden around 500km, almost all of it on the same mixed fire road / single track and Mtb park (as it’s only 5 min ride to the nearest fire road acess)

it varies a bit but on average my rides are around 24km and 900m for 65% to 70% battery.
Takes 2 to 2.5 hours
It’s summer here so dry conditions
Tire pressures around 25 to 28 (ish) PSI
Almost all the uphill is on Auto or level 5, downhill and techy single track level 2 or more commonly 3 for better control.
So, I should be able to do 1200m to 1300m + total running full power for around 80% of the uphill.

When riding with others on normal bikes I leave it in L1 which I reckon would last most of the day… a 1.5 to 2 hour ride on L1 (400+m) uses around 20%

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky

Which grip did it come with?

I really like the OEM Giant double tactical lock grip. Single lock version feels good to me, but gets trashed instantly riding tight single track or crashing.

Spudley

Dec 16, 2021
New Zealand
I
what wheel you running on the rear? i already bent two whells, the stock and the mavic e-deemax .the funny think is that im running a tyre insert .
I have ordered the hunt ebike mullet wheel set.
Looks indestructible,, 36 spoke rear!
Maybe you should look into these.... Hunt seem very well reviewed and good value.
Wait time is may though unfortunately.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles