Reign E+ 2022 Changing Dropper Post

Soulwail

Aug 11, 2023
Switzerland
Hey Guys,

I‘m riding my Reign since end of 2021. I now wanted to change my dropper to a new 210mm OneUp one. I happily ripped the old cables out of the frame and now I have a problem… How the f*** can I get the new housing trough the frame. I tried nearly two hours today but no luck. Is there a special trick or do I need to remove the motor to fit the housing ?

And help is appreciated. Thank you all!

Cheers from Switzerland

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
Should've routed the new cable with the help of the old one.

Now it's going to be tricky as you need to route cable on top of the motor and it must almost do a 90 degree to get in seat tube.

I had this job by my bike shop and they told me it was a pain in the ass.

Maybe try to get it done by a Giant store, maybe they're used to do it, otherwise try to route it aligned with the seat tube hole and try to grab the cable with something.

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Loosen the rear motor bolts and remove the front ones. This will allow you to hinge the motor down enough to route the cable over the top of the motor without removing it. Obviously you need to remove the outer trims to do this, is quite easy, no need to unplug anything, just be careful you don’t pinch any wires when you re seat the motor.

Soulwail

Aug 11, 2023
Switzerland
Loosen the rear motor bolts and remove the front ones. This will allow you to hinge the motor down enough to route the cable over the top of the motor without removing it. Obviously you need to remove the outer trims to do this, is quite easy, no need to unplug anything, just be careful you don’t pinch any wires when you re seat the motor.
Thanks a lot! I will try that. What exactly do you mean by outer trims ? Do you mean the plastic around the motor itself?

NicoMTB

May 8, 2022
France Grenoble area
Did the same its a night mare, a to swing the motor as far back as possible. then the real problems started.. putting it back together.... cables get jammed everywhere not enough room for them... took us a whole after noon with a friend to put it back.... maybe i was unlucky. my mates orbea was extremly easy compared to this..

Soulwail

Aug 11, 2023
Switzerland
I did it yesterday. It was indeed a pain in the ass 😅 putting it back together was really the hardest part. But now it is done and everything works as it should. So I Hope I do not need to do it ever again 😂

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles