Levo Gen 3 Rear shock can scored?

Jase

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2022
UK
Put my bike in for a service just hit a year and thought it best to get the suspension done. That got sent away and turns out the can is scored. So a new can £57. Anyone else had this or pursued a warranty claim for similar? Company want £50 to pursue the claim. But maybe something I could do? It’s a Turbo Levo Expert so float x2 performance elite.
Cheers

Mrj35

Sep 29, 2023
canada
Put my bike in for a service just hit a year and thought it best to get the suspension done. That got sent away and turns out the can is scored. So a new can £57. Anyone else had this or pursued a warranty claim for similar? Company want £50 to pursue the claim. But maybe something I could do? It’s a Turbo Levo Expert so float x2 performance elite.
Cheers
Maybe you have a bit of lateral play or debris got into it. I ruined a couple of aircans due to lateral play in my frame on a different bike.

Jase

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2022
UK
Thanks, I will make sure to check that when I get the bike back.

Jase

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2022
UK
Is Fox not replacing it with a 2024 x2 factory?
Is something Fox are doing. The suspension service centre has my shock at the moment and they said it would be £50 to process a warranty claim. So I have had them replace the can as I need my bike. But I will give Fox a shout when I get it back.
Has there been a recall/swap out on the shocks? I bought mine Feb 2023.

kawamaha

Apr 1, 2020
Monaco
Has there been a recall/swap out on the shocks? I bought mine Feb 2023.
AFAIK there's no recall notification, but many 2021-2023 X2's have been swapped by Fox

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
For £57 I don't think its worth your time to mess about with. Just buy a new one and put it down to experience.

Note that not all shops charge for warranty work like that. I've had loads and paid no claim charges.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles