Other Can we talk brakepads

Natch

Feb 10, 2024
Oregon
Many of the folks I m our riding group have moved over to these MTX pads, particularly the Gold version. We ride a lot of steep, gnarly trail here in California’s SF Bay Area, and rain ir dry they exhibit good power, modulation and great fade resistance's…
I’ve tried so many different brands of pads and if I could get all of my money back I’d simply just stick with the MTX golds.

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
MTX Gold fan too here in SoCal.

I've run 5 different types and the MTX seems the best all around.
Just switched over to the new SRAM Maven brakes and heard from MTX that they’ll have pads for them early summer this year. Using SRAM metallic pads on Mavens for now, these new brakes are STRONG compared to their previous offerings and have pretty decent modulation, but cp ct the MTX to get improve on that.

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
Just switched over to the new SRAM Maven brakes and heard from MTX that they’ll have pads for them early summer this year. Using SRAM metallic pads on Mavens for now, these new brakes are STRONG compared to their previous offerings and have pretty decent modulation, but cp ct the MTX to get improve on that.
WTF auto-correct: cp ct= “expect”!

tjl5709

Feb 20, 2023
Michigan
For my Gen 3 Levo I put MTX gold pads on, changed the front rotor to a 220mm wider SRAM (it came with thin 200's). I adjusted the brake calipers using the method outlined on Youtube. If you still use SRAM Codes, look up "How to make your sram brakes not suck".

Yes, I know many change the SRAM's out. That said, I have no issues with braking. The feel is firm and predictable (since adjusting) and the pads stop great.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles