Questions about buying a bike online.

Nov 7, 2018
Dk
Ride
None
Hi, im new here. I live in Denmark where ebikes are very few and very expensive. Would it be stupid of me to buy an ebike from wiggle/crc or something like bike-discount, in case of warranty issues and service stuff. I usually maintain my normal mtb myself, but if i get unlucky with an electric motor then i might need the warranty. How do online shops do the warranty stuff, if my motor dies or something? Will i need to send it back or can it be fixed by a local bikeshop here in denmark under warranty, or how is it done normally?

Thanks.

Last edited:

khorn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Ride
Specialized
I’m danish as well and bought my Levo on a Spanish website with a huge discount. I have been informed that if I have an issue it can be handled via my local Specialized dealer and he confirmed it.

Karsten

MattyB

Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Also if you buy a Shimano motored bike then Shimano themselves do any warranty work with you directly; you should not have to send the motor or bike back to the retailer.

Nov 7, 2018
Dk
Ride
None
Also if you buy a Shimano motored bike then Shimano themselves do any warranty work with you directly; you should not have to send the motor or bike back to the retailer.
That's awesome, maybe I should get a vitus, if they ever get them in stock.

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Just returned my motor to shimano , it’s a commencal bike , and commencal were very helpful giving me choices from local bike shop / shimano uk , to mailing the motor myself direct to them ,they even sent me a pre paid postage label all sorted same day via email as I opted to send the motor direct and keep my bike here to service while the motors away . I will write a full report when the motor gets back on how it all went

Latest threads

Become a Patron!

Trending