Problem with merida eOne-Sixty 9000 2020! At a temperature of -10 °

Boris1985

Jan 20, 2021
Russia
Hello everyone! Problem with merida eOne-Sixty 9000 2020! At a temperature of -10 ° C, if you turn off the bike, after turning it off, it does not turn on! After I put the bike in a warm place, for about 15 minutes, it warms up and starts working again. Can you please tell me if anyone has encountered such a problem? If so, how is it treated?

Last edited:

Tonycube

Apr 30, 2020
South Wales
Привет всем!
Проблема с merida eOne-Sixty 9000 2020! При температуре -10 ° C, если выключить байк, после выключения он не включается! После того, как я поставил байк в теплое место примерно на 15 минут, он нагревается и снова начинает работать.
Подскажите пожалуйста, сталкивался ли кто с такой проблемой? Если да, то как это лечить?
One for Gary

Boris1985

Jan 20, 2021
Russia
There is information that the start button itself, on the upper work of the frame (EW-SW100), has its own battery, which just freezes from low temperature, so there is not enough impulse to start. Although a year ago, in winter, in low temperatures, there was no such problem. He will also see that there are replacements of these buttons for the EW-SW300 model. The button is not collapsible! Maybe someone came across a similar problem and knows how to solve it? I turned to the service, so far they did not answer me anything specific.

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
Yeah, chances are it's the battery on the power button. Take a look at the bottom of the down tube. There's a tiny rubber plug. Pull it out, it's easily done just using your finger. This uncovers a hole. Stick an allen key (or similar) through the hole and push. You're actually pressing the battery power button. Most bikes using the integrated Shimano 8035/8036 batteries should have this option. On the Bosch battery the power button is on the other side, so it's most likely accessible by just removing the battery lid. With a few exceptions, such as the Trek Rail.

(Working on an article/vid that will include this tip btw)
20210121_113244.jpg

Boris1985

Jan 20, 2021
Russia
[QUOTE = "knut7, post: 255616, member: 281"]
Ага, скорее всего дело в батарее на кнопке включения. Взгляните на нижнюю часть нижней трубы. Есть крошечная резиновая заглушка. Вытащите, это легко сделать пальцем. Это открывает дыру. Вставьте шестигранный ключ (или аналогичный) в отверстие и нажмите. Вы фактически нажимаете кнопку питания от батареи. Эта опция должна быть у большинства велосипедов со встроенными батареями Shimano 8035/8036. На батарее Bosch кнопка питания находится на другой стороне, поэтому, скорее всего, она доступна, просто сняв крышку батареи. За некоторыми исключениями, такими как Trek Rail.

(Работа над статьей / видеороликом, который, кстати, будет включать этот совет)
View attachment 50580
[/ QUOTE]
И такой вопрос! Надо ли менять кнопку, или батарея в ней тоже заряжается от общего заряда или от большой батареи? Не работает только в холодную погоду, потому что не рассчитан на это? Или у него есть срок службы и умирает встроенный аккумулятор? В теплом месте, с плюсовой температурой, с кнопкой проблем нет, исправно работает!
Yeah, chances are it's the battery on the power button. Take a look at the bottom of the down tube. There's a tiny rubber plug. Pull it out, it's easily done just using your finger. This uncovers a hole. Stick an allen key (or similar) through the hole and push. You're actually pressing the battery power button. Most bikes using the integrated Shimano 8035/8036 batteries should have this option. On the Bosch battery the power button is on the other side, so it's most likely accessible by just removing the battery lid. With a few exceptions, such as the Trek Rail.

(Working on an article/vid that will include this tip btw)
View attachment 50580
And such a question! Do I need to change the button, or does the battery in it also receive charge from the general charge or the large battery? Does it not work only in cold weather, because it is not designed for it? Or does it have a lifespan and the built-in battery dies? In a warm place, with a positive temperature, there are no problems with the button, it works properly!

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
And such a question! Do I need to change the button, or does the battery in it also receive charge from the general charge or the large battery? Does it not work only in cold weather, because it is not designed for it? Or does it have a lifespan and the built-in battery dies? In a warm place, with a positive temperature, there are no problems with the button, it works properly!
This battery isn't easily replacable. If there's something wrong with it, I guess you need to swap the entire power button. But I don't know for sure.

The battery charges from the main battery. I haven't had any issues in cold weather, but I haven't been out in below -10*C for longer periods of time. For all I know there could be a problem with your unit.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles