Praxxis eRING STEEL MTN 1X 104BCD - 36T - Where to buy in Europe ??

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Upgrade/DMR is UK disty for praxxisworks

They have a webshop but min order is £50. So call 'em and they'll help you find your nearest shop to order through.

Last edited:

YrianX

Patreon
Sep 14, 2019
Norway
I bought mine through Upgrade/DMR too. Ordered just one no problem and got it shipped here to Norway. Though shipping was not cheap but it was super quick...

YrianX

Patreon
Sep 14, 2019
Norway
I signed up for notification of when they were in stock and honestly forgot all about it until I was, well, notified...... Ordered it immediately since it said only 2-3 in stock at that time back in early Nov or late October. Got it not long after.

Evolution Stu

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jun 30, 2019
Blackpool. U.K.
I had the same problem.
praxxis said they would send one to upgrade bikes especially and they would contact me about it.

I forgot all about it until I read this topic. I fitted an alloy race face for the time being.

That was about 2 months ago I think.
I have heard nothing.

Fire_2

May 11, 2019
Kent
5FA4DA62-0C78-4F28-9F18-C1403789D4E8.jpeg

Got two this morning ordered Friday. Also holes are threaded like oem so well happy I can use original bolts

Fire_2

May 11, 2019
Kent
That's just showing off ! Are you going to run them both in parallel to make the rest of us even more jealous ? One on the inside of the spider and one on the outside ?

Where did you magic these from ??

Primera Sports Phone: 01202 775588
Mark
Praxis eRing Steel 104BCD -36T

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Slowly working my way through all the French re-sellers .. and it's ... uhm .. noooo never heard of that .....

#jealous of everyone who has one ... :)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
if you are stuck mate, surely one of us UK members can buy it for you and ship it onwards to you.

if your willing to pay the double shipping.

im going to chase mine right now. Lol.

I can' t trust you lot .. There's be a photo the next day of my lovely ring stuck on someone elses bike with the slogan "THANKS SUCKER !" :)

The card address has to be the same as the delivery address, but I do have one put aside now and plan to get someone to pay for it tomorrow ! (y)

Mark does have one left at Primera sports if anyone else is after one.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
#jealous of everyone who has one ... :)
Funny how trends can change. I never thought the day would come where steel chainrings would be sought after in order to replace alloy ones.

From your posts wording @Zimmerframe I'm guessing your eBike didn't come with it to begin with, so you've never used one?

If so, when your Praxxis chainring finally arrives, you will notice that the stamped teeth contour looks like the usual narrow-wide profile more commonly found on alloy rings. Just be aware that it's not... instead it's what they call a "wave" profile and your chain needs to wrap over those teeth in a specific way. It threw me off to begin with.

Praxis Chainring - correct chain orientation (heads-up) - EMTB Forums

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Funny how trends can change. I never thought the day would come where steel chainrings would be sought after in order to replace alloy ones.

From your posts wording @Zimmerframe I'm guessing your eBike didn't come with it to begin with, so you've never used one?

If so, when your Praxxis chainring finally arrives, you will notice that the stamped teeth contour looks like the usual narrow-wide profile more commonly found on alloy rings. Just be aware that it's not... instead it's what they call a "wave" profile and your chain needs to wrap over those teeth in a specific way. It threw me off to begin with.

Praxis Chainring - correct chain orientation (heads-up) - EMTB Forums

Thanks for the heads up ! :)

The Levo's/Kenevo's come with a Praxis 32 tooth Steel ring ...

I think the E8000 standard is a 34 tooth.

So the 32 tooth just feels crazy low geared. I was concerned I was just going to wear out the higher gears on the cassette in no time as you spend most of your time in those. It's almost like they spec'd it expecting there to be e-bike 0-6 kph competitions ! :)

Hence the move to the Ally 36 as the steel 36 wasn't out, or if it was, it was even less available than now.

It'll be interesting to see how everyone else gets on with the ally ones, or if mine just wore prematurely because the chain was crap and stretched quickly (or from crap rider care).

Even more scary is the price of the Steel Wolf tooth 32 tooth ring .. €130 !!!! BECAUSE STEEL IS WOW ! or is that STEAL ?

Wiggle | Wolf Tooth 104 BCD Stainless Steel Chainring | Chain Rings

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Even more scary is the price of the Steel Wolf tooth 32 tooth ring .. €130 !!!! BECAUSE STEEL IS WOW ! or is that STEAL ?

Wiggle | Wolf Tooth 104 BCD Stainless Steel Chainring | Chain Rings
Little devil sits on your shoulder and says.

“Don’t let fear hold you back Zimmer. Get the big Stainless steel ring, you know you want it. You know it’s going to give you an extra few watts of power and a bucket load more skill. You could even put it in the dishwasher to clean it and the Mrs won’t even notice it amongst the silverware, pots and pans.
Hit Buy It Now ! “

Reactions: iXi

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Little devil sits on your shoulder and says.

“Don’t let fear hold you back Zimmer. Get the big Stainless steel ring, you know you want it. You know it’s going to give you an extra few watts of power and a bucket load more skill. You could even put it in the dishwasher to clean it and the Mrs won’t even notice it amongst the silverware, pots and pans.
Hit Buy It Now ! “

It is en-route ... indirectly ... so won't be here until after xmas... So back on the original 32 today. Hadn't thought about the dish washer option ! that's perfect ! With the price of an e-bike and the various parts, you can almost consider it value to buy a second one just for washing bike bits ! :)

Interestingly, the new SRAM chain was WAY WAY WAY smoother shifting than the factory KMC chain ever was.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles