Powerfly battery range?

Hooston76

Oct 4, 2019
Cape Town
Recently bought a Powerfly fs5 and have done approximately 6 rides and every time after I have done a full charge I get a range of 56km in Eco setting and even less in the rest of the settings, is this correct or about accurate? Disappointed in that I can only get 25km with about 700m of climbing, admittedly I am 125 kg and use Eco and Tour setting when climbing. Bike shop says the battery should have a longer range. They doing a diagnostic check on the bike now.
Will appreciate all feedback.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Range depends on so many factors it's practically impossible to give you an answer. It's affected by weight, speed, terrain, surface, pedaling efficiency, cadence, mode, etc.

eBike range calculator for Bosch drive systems

That range sounds like it's in the right ballpark.

I'm a bit lighter than you but have flattened a battery in under 16KM with 1100m of climbing using Turbo. I've also had rides of 45KM with 762m and still had 12KM range left using mostly Eco with a bit of Tour at the end once my knees have given up.

A normal ride for me is c.30KM and 1000m and I usually make it back to the car before the battery gives up.

Hooston76

Oct 4, 2019
Cape Town
Range depends on so many factors it's practically impossible to give you an answer. It's affected by weight, speed, terrain, surface, pedaling efficiency, cadence, mode, etc.

eBike range calculator for Bosch drive systems

That range sounds like it's in the right ballpark.

I'm a bit lighter than you but have flattened a battery in under 16KM with 1100m of climbing using Turbo. I've also had rides of 45KM with 762m and still had 12KM range left using mostly Eco with a bit of Tour at the end once my knees have given up.

A normal ride for me is c.30KM and 1000m and I usually make it back to the car before the battery gives up.
Wow that’s a real mixed bag of results. Appreciate your feedback

olde-mtber

Nov 1, 2019
New Zealand
Recently bought a Powerfly fs5 and have done approximately 6 rides and every time after I have done a full charge I get a range of 56km in Eco setting and even less in the rest of the settings, is this correct or about accurate? Disappointed in that I can only get 25km with about 700m of climbing, admittedly I am 125 kg and use Eco and Tour setting when climbing. Bike shop says the battery should have a longer range. They doing a diagnostic check on the bike now.
Will appreciate all feedback.
I can get up to 100ks with a mixture of eco, tour, emtb and turning the power off. I weigh 94kgs. Head winds takes a lot out of battery I have found. On a fully charged battery running on eco I have 125k range on a calm and flat ride on tarseal for about 5ks them comes hills and 4x4 tracks. I have heaps of variety on my rides. I would say your weight would be a factor but how much a factor I have no idea. But be interesting to see what the diagnosis on the battery is. Also check the book that came with the bike and make sure you are doing what they say. I hope this helps.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles