Levo Gen 2 Power turning off itself during the ride

motoadve

Jun 15, 2019
Washington
Happened today about a dozen times during the ride.
I am riding and out of nowhere Bike just shuts off, then I open the lead to charge the battery closed it, and works, then couple of miles later same problem , it happened lots of times during the ride.

Any ideas?

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
You need a new power lead, the one that goes from motor to battery. You lbs will most likely have them in the shop. It’s a 10 min job to change over.

Weeds

Mar 5, 2019
Leavenworth, WA
You need a new power lead, the one that goes from motor to battery. You lbs will most likely have them in the shop. It’s a 10 min job to change over.

I need one also, my shop said they are out of stock at Specialized with no date for when available. This was yesterday.
I used Silicone Dielectric Compound on the battery to bike plug, this completes the connection. I had lost the female metal portion of the long prong connection. I also added strands of copper wire in the hole. The lbs mechanic said to try tin foil if I had the nerve. I think the silicone is better, it is made to transmit electricity. It is used on most auto connections for the computer.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles