Post Your Pole Pics

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
New Pole Bicycles section on the Forum :-0

Post ONE PIC of your bike! Thread will be moderated to one pic only!

DSC02210-2.jpg

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
hehehe... post your pole pics.... the internet has ruined me!...
All your poles look amazing lads. Shiny, polished, standing to attention!
In a month or so's time I will post some of my pole pic's.

All puns and euphemisms intended.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Now post some action shots of you pounding hard with your pole!

I want to see action! The gnarlier the better. Send it for me.

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
K3 ID. Favorite bike ever. 60lbs on the dot. All the heavy things and it couldn’t matter less 🤘.

-Ext Arma
-Conti DH Kryptotal F/R
-Cushcore F/R
-Race axles
-DHR-Evo 223mm F/R
-NOBL TR41 w/ dt240 F dt350 hybrid rear
-Sensus Meaty Paws
-Mallet DH
-Transmission XOXO 💋 (I forget… it’s the one with the alloy cage)
-Deity speedway 800mm
-Deity copperhead 35/50
-Pink accents because why not

B1B4A041-8B9D-4D15-804B-A4BC51CC8779.jpeg

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
K3 ID. Favorite bike ever. 60lbs on the dot. All the heavy things and it couldn’t matter less 🤘.
-Ext Arma
-Conti DH Kryptotal F/R
-Cushcore F/R
-Race axles
-DHR-Evo 223mm F/R
-Sensus Meaty Paws
-Mallet DH
-Deity speedway 800mm
-Deity copperhead 35/50

View attachment 117369
Are you liking the Zeb?

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA

Are you liking the Zeb?
Loooong story 😂

Initially upgraded my ‘22 Zeb with the new ‘23 damper/spring but was getting air leaking into the lowers. This lowered the pressure in the main chamber and prevented full travel. Not sure if the problem was with the air spring or with the uppers, so I just punted and bought a new 190 ‘23 ZEB Ultimate. Just don’t have the bandwidth for another marathon forensic bike part investigation right now LOL.

Only one ride on the new ZEB but thanks to e-bikes I had a chance to do some solid tuning runs with adjustments between laps. Started with 1 vol spacer / 100psi / 0 rebound / 3 HSC / 0 LSC. Felt too pogo-ey. After various changes I landed on 0 vol spacers / 100psi / 3 rebound / 0 HSC / 5 LSC.

Goal is to get a solid platform that doesn’t pack down in steep chunk under braking, doesn’t bottom out on sendy stuff, feels supportive on jump takeoffs (doesn’t compress/dive and cause a buck) and generally doesn’t bounce me around like a pogo stick. Willing to sacrifice some small bump to get there.

Feels 80% there. I may have to eventually send the damper off to someone like Avalanche given my size and what I ride. I have a 180 Ohlins RXF 38 damper custom tuned by Revolution on my Amish bike that is perfect. Unfortunately the steerer is too short to put on my Voima given the added stack that a ~15mm crown spacer or sim would add. Tried it at 180 without any crown spacer and did not like the geo changes AT ALL. It was really not wanting to dip into higher speed corners and ended up putting my front over the top of a berm (not recommended LOL).

I’m pretty committed to the 190 Zeb platform just cause the whole Voima thesis is built around it, so I might send my other damper off for a custom tune and see how that goes.

Or go full cray-cray and order a dual crown Ohlins to match the 190 Zeb ATC.

Chrysaor

Apr 12, 2021
Switzerland

-Ext Arma
-Conti DH Kryptotal F/R
-Cushcore F/R
-Race axles
-DHR-Evo 223mm F/R
-Sensus Meaty Paws
-Mallet DH
-Deity speedway 800mm
-Deity copperhead 35/50

View attachment 117369
Super nice!
(Your front rotor is wrongly oriented)

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Loooong story 😂

Initially upgraded my ‘22 Zeb with the new ‘23 damper/spring but was getting air leaking into the lowers. This lowered the pressure in the main chamber and prevented full travel. Not sure if the problem was with the air spring or with the uppers, so I just punted and bought a new 190 ‘23 ZEB Ultimate. Just don’t have the bandwidth for another marathon forensic bike part investigation right now LOL.

Only one ride on the new ZEB but thanks to e-bikes I had a chance to do some solid tuning runs with adjustments between laps. Started with 1 vol spacer / 100psi / 0 rebound / 3 HSC / 0 LSC. Felt too pogo-ey. After various changes I landed on 0 vol spacers / 100psi / 3 rebound / 0 HSC / 5 LSC.

Goal is to get a solid platform that doesn’t pack down in steep chunk under braking, doesn’t bottom out on sendy stuff, feels supportive on jump takeoffs (doesn’t compress/dive and cause a buck) and generally doesn’t bounce me around like a pogo stick. Willing to sacrifice some small bump to get there.

Feels 80% there. I may have to eventually send the damper off to someone like Avalanche given my size and what I ride. I have a 180 Ohlins RXF 38 damper custom tuned by Revolution on my Amish bike that is perfect. Unfortunately the steerer is too short to put on my Voima given the added stack that a ~15mm crown spacer or sim would add. Tried it at 180 without any crown spacer and did not like the geo changes AT ALL. It was really not wanting to dip into higher speed corners and ended up putting my front over the top of a berm (not recommended LOL).

I’m pretty committed to the 190 Zeb platform just cause the whole Voima thesis is built around it, so I might send my other damper off for a custom tune and see how that goes.

I vote for the dual crown. I love mine!

Last edited:

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Loooong story 😂

Thanks for the feedback. Seems to be a consistent thing with the Zeb...never quite right lol.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles