Portable power stations

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
My bike has the latest Bosch smart system with a non-removable 750wh battery. Usually that's plenty but occasionally would be nice to have a bit more range, BPW for example. Be a useful thing for camping and the likes of running the boiler and some lights in the event of a power cut. Anyone done this and how is it working out?

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Looking specifically at the Jackerys which seem well rated. Amazon have the 500 with 1000w peak output for £300, would be nice to have one of the 1000 units with 2000w output and enough to completely charge the battery with some spare for other things. They are all full price at the moment but I'm not in a rush, would wait for another sale to come around. Would still be £500/600 though. Anyone used these or any other recommendations?

They seem to make a lot of sense in a lot of ways. OK, you lose the convenience of quickly swapping batteries if you buy a spare battery at similar cost, you get a lot of practicality in other ways though.

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
The really annoying thing is that my company car is electric but doesn't support V2L so all that juice is sat there but I can't access it! I could just wait 18 months until I get a new one and sack off the power station idea.

I should probably get some sort of "first world problems" award for this thread 🤔

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
I just ordered the Ecoflow Delta. Refurbished models, but 1.2 kWh AC output 1800W. Price under €500
Directly from the Ecoflow EU online store

P.S. It is an older model and does not include a LiFePo battery. But the price was so good I couldn't resist.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Remember that the peak output is for when you are pulling a large current for a short time. If you have say a 750 whr battery in your bike the Powerstation has to have a 1000whr battery to charge the bike fully. Roughly. So don't confuse the whr of battery with the peak watts output. If you have a 1000whr battery and you use it for 2000w peak charging you can only use it for 30 minutes.

Tfitz

Mar 26, 2023
California
I use a goal zero 1000 it’s older now so I’m looking to replace. In the winter it is harder to get enough sun so I added a remote panel for more input. Some power plants don’t charge while charging do your homework

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles