Pole Voima 190mm Travel EMTB

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
I've just ordered one for their website, let's see if it arrives untill X-Mass :) Great little upgrade to be honest, as I tend to lose keys and such
Same. Im awaiting a voima so have asked to get one added to the box. This was last thing that needed doing to hopefully make it perfect. :D

slickrock

Aug 7, 2022
SF Bay Area
Price on the Pole website has dropped for the trail link. Enough that I've ordered one out of curiosity..
Do share your results when you got it setup. Note that corresponding short linkage for the Sonni did not fare that well, at least according to Pinkbike: too harsh in the bottom-outs, even with a Vivid, and too stiff and levered for the small stuff, sort of the worst of both worlds. But then again, we have not had a formal review of the Sonni to compare. We do know it's got a more aggressive levering than the Voima, so splitting the difference with small travel linkage on the Voima may be more accomodating.

Darkyhs

Oct 25, 2020
Freiburg, Germany
Anyone install the Bosch ConnectModule inside their Vioma with the Race motor?
I have the connect module, but havent installed it yet :). You need to remove the crank to remove the plastic protection and after that you need to have the BDU37 module. That is for my race.

#Update :

Just installed the ConnectModule. You do not need to remove the crank to take the plastic protection off. After an update on the bike, activated the Alarm + GPS. Now I need to ask Pole for the invoice and update all the bike details, so if the bike is stolen you can send a report directly to the police.

1703672736803.png

Last edited:

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
I have the connect module, but havent installed it yet :). You need to remove the crank to remove the plastic protection and after that you need to have the BDU37 module. That is for my race.

#Update :

Just installed the ConnectModule. You do not need to remove the crank to take the plastic protection off. After an update on the bike, activated the Alarm + GPS. Now I need to ask Pole for the invoice and update all the bike details, so if the bike is stolen you can send a report directly to the police.

View attachment 131284
The only problem I see with installing the connect module is for those who have or may want to derestrict their bikes. The flow app and or any Bosch gps monitoring system can show any speeds that are over the limit and then issue an error code and put the bike into limp mode.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
The Voima is a playful bike for 190/190. But I’ve gone to an Orbea Wild 170/160 it’s on a whole different level of playful. Most fun I’ve had on a bike yet.
Maybe the 170/160 Voima will be similar 🤷‍♂️
I'm not surprised at all. Voima is a monster of a bike. It doesn't really shine until you are smashing big chunk at speed. Many voima owners aren't even riding the big chuck. So it isn't the best bike for them.

I'm a firm believer that you should size the bike travel for the type of terrain/riding you most enjoy. If the optimal travel for that is a 160/170 bike then you would have more fun on a bike optimized in that range. The wild is a fantastic sled.

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California

#Update :

View attachment 131284
I just ordered the aftermarket kit on eBay for $95.

I might try installing it, since you said I don’t have to remove the crank.

Thanks.

Darkyhs

Oct 25, 2020
Freiburg, Germany
I just ordered the aftermarket kit on eBay for $95.

I might try installing it, since you said I don’t have to remove the crank.

Thanks.
Its a bit fiddly to remove the plastic cover. You need to turn the crank around to find the exact spot where the gap is the largest so it fits. Then the cover will sit around your pedal untill you install the module. Personally, I didn't find the user manual handy and used the good old Youtube(link to actual video I used).

Best of luck bud!

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Have you tried Trail-Conversion Yoke yet?
Any pros and cons?
I would appreciate it if you could share your experience!
I don’t foresee any real world benefits to reducing the travel on the Voima. lt’s already an efficient peddler and reducing the travel is just going to make it harsh and less capable. Who has ever ridden their Voima and thought, hey this suspension is too plush, too comfortable and too capable, I think I need less travel. WTF?

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
I don’t foresee any real world benefits to reducing the travel on the Voima. lt’s already an efficient peddler and reducing the travel is just going to make it harsh and less capable. Who has ever ridden their Voima and thought, hey this suspension is too plush, too comfortable and too capable, I think I need less travel. WTF?
There are times when the excessive travel is limiting. That is through machine built pump/jump style trails. The suspension just sucks up the rollers and small jump faces makes it a lot harder to pump/jump through. Its also not the best on flat easy tight twisty xc track.

With that said. Would i reduce the travel of a voima? hell no! If i wanted to focus on this types of trails I'd use a different bike.

wilbersk

Jan 4, 2024
Colorado
Just arrived with me, what an impact this has as soon as you see it!

View attachment 90712

View attachment 90715

Moderator edit :

Any sizing related questions or posts should be made in the relevant thread,Thankyou.

Are there different colored lights making it look color changing like that?

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Have you tried Trail-Conversion Yoke yet?
Any pros and cons?
I would appreciate it if you could share your experience!
I have two rides with the trail link fitted to my Vikkela and so far the feeling is very positive. Currently running the fork at 180 travel and had a 27.5 wheel fitted so it is a little slack. Once I put the 29er back in and drop the fork to 170 I'll get a better idea.

I've been messing around with the standard SDU air shock in standard guise and got it working as best as it can but honestly it isn't great. The light compression tune is too light imo so it gives up it's stroke too easily. I've got the HSC maxed and the LSC close to closed as well, added a token and the rebound is quite fast and this is where it has felt the best.

Switched to the smaller shock with the trail link and even though it's a basic Triair Suntour shock (same as DVO Topaz) it immediately felt better. Small bump improved, mid stroke more supportive by a margin than the SDU and more bottom out resistance. I'd love to have two shocks the same brand/type to test back to back with the different links to give a fair comparison but these will do for now. The Triair with the trail link feels better in every way than the 190 travel and SDU. Go figure!

More to come.

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
Its a bit fiddly to remove the plastic cover. You need to turn the crank around to find the exact spot where the gap is the largest so it fits. Then the cover will sit around your pedal untill you install the module. Personally, I didn't find the user manual handy and used the good old Youtube(link to actual video I used).

Best of luck bud!
I’m wondering what happens if you remove the module after you activate it…like a thief might.

I would expect the bike to give an error code or just not power on.

I don‘t have mine installed yet, I just have locking enabled for my phone and the Kiox 300.

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
Has anyone tried the new Vivid Utimate Air RC2T on their Vioma?

I wish I would have had that option, I would have spent $383 to get it instead of the SDU with HBO.

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
I have one on order, but it’s back ordered.
Chris @ Pole told me the tune for the Vioma is R25 C30…did you order one with a Vioma, or from somewhere else?

The retail shock I found was tune R25 C34 X2…not sure how much different this would be than the Vioma tune or what the differences are for the X0 - X4 lock out.

I haven’t tried to order a custom tune Rockshox shock from anywhere.

Last edited:

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Chris @ Pole told me the tune for the Vioma is R25 C30…did you order one with a Vioma, or from somewhere else?

The retail shock I found was tune R25 C34 X2…not sure how much different this would be than the Vioma tune or what the differences are for the X0 - X4 lock out.

I haven’t tried to order a custom tune Rockshox shock from anywhere.
No, I just ordered one from my supplier. There's a few suspension tuners close by if I wanted to change something.

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
No, I just ordered one from my supplier. There's a few suspension tuners close by if I wanted to change something.
Does it matter which way the Vivid is mounted?

Is it best to mount it with the piggy back in the same position as the SDU?

IMG_3596.jpeg

4vdean

Oct 26, 2023
Australia
Just don’t mount your shock like this guy, it’s sort of crossed over, not sure if you can tell from the pics, watch the YouTube vid and you can see it, maybe it actually doesn’t matter, his bike so he can do what he wants I suppose……..

IMG_3022.png IMG_3021.png

slickrock

Aug 7, 2022
SF Bay Area
Just don’t mount your shock like this guy, it’s sort of crossed over, not sure if you can tell from the pics, watch the YouTube vid and you can see it, maybe it actually doesn’t matter, his bike so he can do what he wants I suppose……..

View attachment 133114 View attachment 133115
If are referring to the 90 degree mount where the piggyback is on the side, that's how the Voima is designed.

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
It can be mounted whichever way you want, as long as the reservoir is on the longer side of both yokes. Like in the pic Below. P.s., excuse the dirt, it hasn’t been cleaned since before the last ride. 😃👍🏼

IMG_2920.jpeg

4vdean

Oct 26, 2023
Australia
It can be mounted whichever way you want, as long as the reservoir is on the longer side of both yokes. Like in the pic Below. P.s., excuse the dirt, it hasn’t been cleaned since before the last ride. 😃👍🏼

View attachment 133120
What if the reservoir is on the long side of only 1 yoke.
To put it another way, flip around just one of your yokes so the shock is then on a slight angle.
Thats what I’m seeing in the pics I posted

slickrock

Aug 7, 2022
SF Bay Area
Does it matter which way the Vivid is mounted?

Is it best to mount it with the piggy back in the same position as the SDU?

View attachment 133112
With the Super Deluxe the piggyback is mounted to the housing, whereas with the vivid its mounted on the shaft. My sense would be the shaft side mounted toward the seat tube with the piggyback on left side. Try that for starters.

Last edited:

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
What if the reservoir is on the long side of only 1 yoke.
To put it another way, flip around just one of your yokes so the shock is then on a slight angle.
Thats what I’m seeing in the pics I posted
That’s a big no no. I’m pretty sure Leo has said it too. The offset yokes need to be the same offset on both ends.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles