Pole Voima 190mm Travel EMTB

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
High Rock Ruti

Rob Please review the Voima, I've already paid, I still have a chance to cancel if you dislike the bike, please Rob

Warm Regards Ruti
OR ! Save yourself all that anguish, paperwork, time wasted with financial transfers and just change the delivery address to me ... I'm pretty sure I'll love it ... even if I just stare at it ... it must be much safer that way.

Always here to help ! 😁

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Sorry for delay in first look video.
I’m a couple of rides in. It’s a seriously capable bike - fast as you like, and I can climb back up up DH trails with this geometry.

geometry is very very good, slack head angle, nice balance with 29/29 and chainstay length. Rear suspension performance is very good so far, coil like suppleness in initial stroke , loads of progression through the stroke.

down side so far is bosch motor noise / clunk. But possibly because I’ve been riding the fuel EXe recently I’m noting it a bit more.

Not a lightweight! The weight in my build, DD tyres and inserts in both wheels is 25.5KG in K3

4AB7052D-FA1A-4132-A682-C3904E8DE3AB.jpeg

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Is it intended to have the shock mounted sideways, Rob? Not seen that before & wondering if the piggy back can is vulnerable or in the way.

indeez971

Dec 1, 2019
FRANCE
What a monster (!!) and great first review from Rob as usual ;)
I was wondering if this thing could accept a maxxis minion 29x3.0 at rear
I don't find any bike frame on the market that could accept such kind of tire width (at front no issue with zeb fork)

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
What a monster (!!) and great first review from Rob as usual ;)
I was wondering if this thing could accept a maxxis minion 29x3.0 at rear
I don't find any bike frame on the market that could accept such kind of tire width (at front no issue with zeb fork)
Hmm doubt it, 3” is quite big.

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
Sorry for delay in first look video.
I’m a couple of rides in. It’s a seriously capable bike - fast as you like, and I can climb back up up DH trails with this geometry.

geometry is very very good, slack head angle, nice balance with 29/29 and chainstay length. Rear suspension performance is very good so far, coil like suppleness in initial stroke , loads of progression through the stroke.

down side so far is bosch motor noise / clunk. But possibly because I’ve been riding the fuel EXe recently I’m noting it a bit more.

Not a lightweight! The weight in my build, DD tyres and inserts in both wheels is 25.5KG in K3

View attachment 93568

Really nice bike.

Is there a reason why you run dd tires and inserts? .
It just feels like unnecessary weight when the dd tires are enough.

slickrock

Aug 7, 2022
SF Bay Area
x
I was wondering this as well as I'm sure the pivots won't be offset to allow room for the piggyback?
The shock mounts are offset to bring the piggyback back inward. That said, some shocks have piggybacks that jut out more than others. Pole is offering a coil option now.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The shock is rotated so that it doesn't clash with a water bottle I presume?

indeez971

Dec 1, 2019
FRANCE
Hmm doubt it, 3” is quite big.

The rim radius (bontrager line pro 40) + maxxis 29x3.0 tire is approx. 37cm (14.56inch)
My fear is especially in full compression of the rear shock absorber, it should pass but only just..
When you have a bit of time, could you check that please ? Thanks !

I can't even imagine this beast in full 29x3.0 :love:

1660075844629.png

1660076189432.png

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
How you like those spokes? Very intrigued

I love the wheels and Berd spokes. Ive had them on my analog bike for a few years and I liked their vibration damping and light weight. They really help to mute the small high speed chatter. So when I was building this bike I decided to use them again. 😎👍🏼

Durrti

Aug 22, 2021
California
I love the wheels and Berd spokes. Ive had them on my analog bike for a few years and I liked their vibration damping and light weight. They really help to mute the small high speed chatter. So when I was building this bike I decided to use them again. 😎👍🏼
Thanks for the reply! My voima frame hopefully ships shortly, may have to build a set. 🤙

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
How many of those who ordered went with the Kitsuma air can? Any feedback?

Mine came with a Rockshok which felt pretty good. But since I built mine with a 40 up front, I added an X2 to the rear since I’ve been running that suspension setup on all of my bikes for awhile and I like it. But I have heard good things about the Kitsuma. You will probably get more answers on the Facebook Pole owners group though.

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney

I have a Stamina 180 that came with the Kitsuma air shock. I didn’t like it at all, at least for that bike. It always felt overdamped and slow when everything was open, so put on a DHX2. Doesn’t seem many people like the CC Kitsuma either, it wasn’t easy to sell.

megabobra

Jul 24, 2022
Australia
Good to know, I've gone with the Super Deluxe just in case.

Any further ride reports on this one?

This video on Instagram(click to second image) that makes the Bosch sound so rattly, especially going down the stairs towards the end.

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Good to know, I've gone with the Super Deluxe just in case.

Any further ride reports on this one?

This video on Instagram(click to second image) that makes the Bosch sound so rattly, especially going down the stairs towards the end.

That link won’t work for me. But the Bosch in my Voima is quiet both up and downhill.

megabobra

Jul 24, 2022
Australia
That's good to hear. Frankly that's the only concern I have while waiting for the voima, and yet it's not even Pole's fault!
I've bought a HX1501 wheelset but I think the hub may be too quiet to cover any rattle, so hopefully there's none!

ps here's the direct link to the instagram video above: www.instagram.com/p/ChPWW8LNhrX/

slickrock

Aug 7, 2022
SF Bay Area
I went with the rockshox instead for two reasons:
  1. The Kitsuma is 200 grams heavier
  2. More importantly, on the Spanish forums there have been complaints about the Kitsuma protruding more into the leg path because of Voima's transverse shock mounts. One person had to put pipe insulation around the piggyback to mitigate the leg rubbing.

slickrock

Aug 7, 2022
SF Bay Area
hi Rob am very interested in buying a pole volume,do you have the information on the amount of vat and duty on the new bike .ie the total cost of importing this bike from Finland,thanks gas
When you visit the Pole website, it will detect your country and provide the prices in your currency with VAT discounts applied (if applicable). Looks like you are in the UK, and because of BREXIT, you should not have to pay Finland's 25% VAT. Not sure how strong the Pound is to the Euro, but if it is I would ask Pole to provide you Finland Euro prices. Take a 25% discount on them and pay in Euros with a a credit card that does not charge foreign transaction fees. I took this approach when purchasing the Voima frame because of the strong US dollar, which was worked out to be nearly $400 cheaper than relying on the converted prices on their website. That said, YMMV.

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
I went with the rockshox instead for two reasons:
  1. The Kitsuma is 200 grams heavier
  2. More importantly, on the Spanish forums there have been complaints about the Kitsuma protruding more into the leg path because of Voima's transverse shock mounts. One person had to put pipe insulation around the piggyback to mitigate the leg rubbing.

That’s weird, because it doesn’t stick out farther than the swingarm. And if the piggyback is hitting his leg, then the swingarm would be hitting it too on compression. I had the Rockshox but I replaced it with an X2 which has the piggyback in the same spot as the Kitsuma and it hasn’t been an issue for me. Actually the piggyback on the Rockshox sticks out in the same location as well. Either way, I’m sure you’ll like it, the Rockshox feels really good too. 😃👍🏼
CB3E91B9-5F29-4294-9EDF-2AD1CC8CD0DC.jpeg
9DDCB92D-F9AE-4A47-9D79-45949C82E0A7.png

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles