Pole Voima 190mm Travel EMTB

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
It looks different in real life - I thought if I'm getting gold, I'm going all the way with it - its the first time I've ever searched for components on CRC using 'Gold' as the search term :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I've seen a few in real life (the Pole marketing guy lives in my town) and they do look better than the pictures tbf. I am sure if I had one I'd love it, despite my various reservations!

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I am sure it's a good bike to ride. However, I would never buy a Pole:

There is basically an entire facebook page dedicated to how bad their customer service is and there seems to be a disproportionate number of failures
It's mind-bendingly ugly (subjective I appreciate)
I would not want to put my money in Leo's pocket

I’d be lying if I didn’t say this is the exact reason I didn’t order one. There seems to be some real horror stories with delivery issues and customer service stuff.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I’d be lying if I didn’t say this is the exact reason I didn’t order one. There seems to be some real horror stories with delivery issues and customer service stuff.
Anything recent? They are aware and acknowledge stuff that happened in the past and admitted mistakes - curious to see if there’s anything recent.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
Anything recent? They are aware and acknowledge stuff that happened in the past and admitted mistakes - curious to see if there’s anything recent.

Seems to be quite a bit of recent stuff if you join the Pole FB page. Lots of comments from customers waiting on bikes, which I understand but also warranty issues.

Sounds like a real lack of communication between Pole and it’s customers. I’m new to Pole bikes but allot of old customers also weighing in saying it’s the same issues from the past, so who knows. It was enough for me not to buy one, I can tell you that for sure. Even though I really wanted one……lol
I've already been waiting 18 months for some Trickstuff Maxima brakes, I don't think my patience could take waiting that for a bike too....lol

Last edited:

TonTonUB

May 27, 2020
France
Wabagadouwaouah ! 🤪 Dat Bike !!!
Rob, i wait for your complete review as fast as ... no, as complete as usual ! In 1 or 2 years, i could be tempted to grab one. /finger crossing

Tankboy

Jun 23, 2022
Weymouth
I ordered my Voima way back in July 2021 and was long wait of 10 1/2 months but at that point it was just a CAD render and prototype so wasn't expecting any time soon after? The rep in the UK Chris Wright has been really helpful in keeping me updated along the way. They've changed a lot of the management in the the last few years including responding to customers queries - also since announcing the Voima last July they've had a lot things to contend with including hiring more staff, new machinery, design change, frame testing, supply issues etc? It's not ideal but there only a small company so can't pull the same resources as a large manufacturer - the wait was more than worth it though?

I've owned a load of DH bikes over the last 15 years and the Voima is better than all those put together - I've sessioned it at BPW, Afan and my local loops - it's just as happy going for long XC loops or smashing double black runs, the bikes is incredibly fast, very nimble and feels bottomless. The weight disappears as soon as you start riding - just hide behind those forks and let the big dog eat!

Look forward to Rob's review (y)

Last edited:

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
I am sure it's a good bike to ride. However, I would never buy a Pole:

There is basically an entire facebook page dedicated to how bad their customer service is and there seems to be a disproportionate number of failures
It's mind-bendingly ugly (subjective I appreciate)
I would not want to put my money in Leo's pocket
I understand the first two reasons but whats the issue with giving this person your money ?

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I am surprised no coil on a bike of this travel. I bet 80% of the owners are over biked after all Phil Atwell said could do some of the World Cup DH tracks on a hard tail….

High Rock Ruti

May 13, 2019
Massachusetts
High Rock Ruti

I've got the gold on order, (shit that's sort of revealing isn't it?) I've found Pole to be very responsive to emails.
I wonder about durability too. So glad they dumped Brose, 2021 Turbo Levo Pro on the fourth motor, less than 1500 miles, unfortunately the bike is otherwise fantastic, sorry another forum. I ordered the coil shock and some small extras like $9300 USD.

The point yes, there is one review from a very articulate Fin in English on YouTube he likes the bike alot worth listening too. But I'm hungry for more reviews than one I hope Rob reviews quickly, please Rob.

Warm Regards Ruti

megabobra

Jul 24, 2022
Australia
Hey Rob, any update on the Voima frame build? Super keen to see how it's looking - it helps to pass the time while I wait for delivery of my own!

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Any updates on this beast?
First look video out this week

DEBA2E96-C0B1-43CC-8D99-F279D6DA1C82.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles