Pole Voima 190mm Travel EMTB

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Carbon cranks are totally fine…until they’re not. My Raceface Next carbon cranks snapped mid race on my trail bike, my carbon cranks on my Kenevo went the same way so that has somewhat tainted my view of them. Pretty much ever again.

Alloy Hope cranks are bombproof.

Miranda cranks even in alloy I seem to recall them bending easily too. Would I trust their carbon? No chance.

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
Carbon cranks have been around for a long time on all bikes including World Cup DH bikes. They’re fine on the Voima. I had e13 carbon cranks on my first Voima and they handled everything from black diamond trails and bike park sessions without issues. I’ve personally have had several sets on different bikes over the years, from XO carbon, race face next SL, race face six-c, e13 and now race face era’s on the new Voima and I’ve never had any issues with any of them. 😎👍🏼
What do you weigh?

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
I had a Kenevo SL that came with the same carbon Praxis cranks that snapped in the video above. Swapped them for the alloy version when I built up the bike. Proceeded to go through something like 6 sets of alloy cranks from Praxis - they all bent landing drops. Eventually sold the KSL because there were no other crank options available and I was tired of pedaling bow legged 😂.

Cranks don’t seem to like me either 😂

Seems like carbon bars have a better prognosis than carbon cranks. I’m guessing it’s the interface where the carbon meets the threaded aluminum insert that is the challenge.

Anyway, would love to run the lightest stuff but I have discovered by trial and error that I just don’t qualify for certain gram shavings. Somewhat comforted by the ratio math: a 160lb guy on a 35lb bike would be like me on a 54lb bike. Good to remember when I’m tempted to pull out the inserts.

Mars2

May 16, 2023
La Ciotat France
A little less with my cranks. They’re 372g. View attachment 116219
Seriously 400 Euro more for 50gr ( 1 extra expresso in the morning in your stomach)
400 euro to save 0.2% of the total weight of the bike.
Some time passion is mysterious. After that I'm not surprised some can believe in God 🤣🤣🤣
Just hard kidding😱😃

Mars2

May 16, 2023
La Ciotat France
Says the guy who just got a brand new bike with fox 38 grip 2 in black but bought a Grip 2 orange because orange is faster. 🤣🤣🤣

Just trying to find the door of a church but their is so many different kind don't know who to follow😂😂😂

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Seriously 400 Euro more for 50gr ( 1 extra expresso in the morning in your stomach)
400 euro to save 0.2% of the total weight of the bike.
Some time passion is mysterious. After that I'm not surprised some can believe in God 🤣🤣🤣
Just hard kidding😱😃

If I wanted cheap crap on my bike, I would have cheap crap on my bike. But I don’t. Thanks though.😂👍🏼

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Hey team, is the Voima 750wh battery vertical or horizontal type?

My battery got all the way to aus to then get rejected into nz for delivery. Its being sent back to pole. Looks like I'll have a bike with no battery for a while. I might fast track adapting a 500wh in in the interim.

Welh

May 26, 2021
Finland
Hey team, is the Voima 750wh battery vertical or horizontal type?

My battery got all the way to aus to then get rejected into nz for delivery. Its being sent back to pole. Looks like I'll have a bike with no battery for a while. I might fast track adapting a 500wh in in the interim.
Vertical, BBP3771

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Group buy using your contact for better pricing?
I’d imagine they’d still be out of most people’s budget. I haven’t inquired about these yet but just going off of what I paid for the regular eewings I would think these would be around $700 or so dealer cost.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I had a package arrive today 😁

20230601_170215.jpg 20230601_170411.jpg IMG-20230601-WA0000.jpeg

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Clean ya garage!...

I'm just jealous. Mine is somewhere in between Finland and NZ. The tracking is crap also. It just says package is on route to destination country.
I promise it's normally spotless 😁
Still mid build.

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
Just buy these and be done with it. I have 3 sets of the normal ones and they’ve been bombproof.

My Eewings have stuck with me through about 6 (analog) bikes now. Strong and light and any scuffs buff right out with a scotchbrite pad. Zero compromises. Best bike thing ever purchased.

Can’t lie though… I am a bit nervous about how the 3D printing would hold up in a proper huck to flat on a booter sent too deep.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
My Eewings have stuck with me through about 6 (analog) bikes now. Strong and light and any scuffs buff right out with a scotchbrite pad. Zero compromises. Best bike thing ever purchased.

Can’t lie though… I am a bit nervous about how the 3D printing would hold up in a proper huck to flat on a booter sent too deep.
Obviously it's entirely dependent on design. But the actual material is as strong as billet. You can make an argument that it is stronger due to not having a grain direction.

I would send it.

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
Obviously it's entirely dependent on design. But the actual material is as strong as billet. You can make an argument that it is stronger due to not having a grain direction.

I would send it.
Looks like regular Ti has a tensile strength of 1,000 somethingorothers and 3D printed Ti is higher at 1,600 somethingorothers.

Encouraging.

Having dealt a bit with 3D printing years ago I’m just worried about what happens if the mix or heat is off or somebody bumps the machine. Probably irrational.

And maybe I’m just throwing darts at it because I used up all the toy budget on my Voima ;).

rod9301

Oct 10, 2020
US
Thanks Man! I had the 40 on my original Voima and the steering angle wasn‘t too bad. I was able to make 180 hairpin turns without issue, and that is with a 46* offset on my drop crown. Now with the new frame, its narrower around the head tube so the steering angle is even better. Not sure what the angle is, but here is some pics.

View attachment 115466 View attachment 115467 View attachment 115469
Is this the maximum you can turn the front wheel?

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Looks like regular Ti has a tensile strength of 1,000 somethingorothers and 3D printed Ti is higher at 1,600 somethingorothers.

Encouraging.

Having dealt a bit with 3D printing years ago I’m just worried about what happens if the mix or heat is off or somebody bumps the machine. Probably irrational.

And maybe I’m just throwing darts at it because I used up all the toy budget on my Voima ;).
Yeah, your not bumping the machine when it comes to 3D metal printing.

Titanium 6-4 looks to have a uts of 1170 mpa ish. If we look at the Voima Frame of 7075-T6 uts is in the 510-540 range.
So double 7075-t6 Strength,..... You can probably design those cranks tank strong in TI. Or pit this way. design dependent they will be twice as strong for the same weight.....

Check out these guys which I've used before. Top quality parts.

1685755564668.png

Last edited:

BigG

Feb 15, 2023
US, SoCal
Didn’t have any cover and it does collect dust (especially our local flour like dust).
I also was thinking plugging it with some rubber thingie.
I generally wipe bikes after every ride and single blow from dust can get rids of anything that got into keyhole.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
First ride on my K2 Voima. Picked the right size at 185cm tall, bike is balanced and provides tons of mid corner grip. I needed to adjust back to full 29er as my mullet Levo tends to like to get sideways on corner exit and this just keeps gripping and maintaining speed.

Running a 180 Mezzer and a kitsuma air shock (that is due a service). The back end I thought was going to feel soggy running approx 30% sag (maybe a little deeper) but it seems to be supportive enough and gobbles up chunk. I won't comment much more on the suspension as it's going to get changed out for either a coil Kitsuma or a tuned Bomber. Fork is undecided...the 190 fork I have turns out the steerer is juuusssstt too short so maybe a Zeb.

The bike climbs like nothing I've ridden period. If you can pedal it will make it to the top of what seems like anything. Without fuss too.

I got to hit one descent quite hard and the top third was what felt like the quickest I've ever ridden it as I was getting air off undulations that my Levo would just hug the ground over. I hit a rocky entrance into a janky berm and just as I went to accelerate out no drive....unfortunately the chain had come off the new front chainring. I do need to confirm chain length but I think I'll be placing an order for the chain guide. I really do wish I could buy the bracket and the guide only without having to buy the bash guard...I might email them and ask.

Overall a very positive first ride (apart from the chain). I even PB'd a long tight climb without trying lol. This bike has serious potential!

The Bosch motor is one rattly mofo too! Coming from a near silent Levo this will take some getting used to.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles