Please help me find a mudguard that fits on my 2019 Levo Comp (see pic below)

BikingLovingMomma

Dec 25, 2018
Texas
IMG_1981.JPG

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M

BikingLovingMomma

Dec 25, 2018
Texas

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Are you looking for a mudguard, or something specific to stop the crap getting in the motor casing?

Travelly

Apr 7, 2018
Bath,UK
I have actually changes my mudguard set up now as I found a better fitting solution. I now have a mud-hugger SRX on both the front and rear in Sam Hill style. Even on the rear it works really well and is a much better looking fit in my view. A little tight on the rear for clearance but it fits and keeps a lot of mud off the rear area of the motor. Here is a pic.

2464F26F-3876-43FB-8719-DAFEB0F79654.jpeg

BikingLovingMomma

Dec 25, 2018
Texas
I have actually changes my mudguard set up now as I found a better fitting solution. I now have a mud-hugger SRX on both the front and rear in Sam Hill style. Even on the rear it works really well and is a much better looking fit in my view. A little tight on the rear for clearance but it fits and keeps a lot of mud off the rear area of the motor. Here is a pic.

View attachment 9245
I like that! Thank you.

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Mudhugger is about the only effective rear guard I know of that works with suspension , but it’s aimed at keeping your back clean and has little effect on the lower area behind the motor .
The front one I have in the pic is the best front I’ve come across from pro guard , they do a neat little rear that protects lower area for those who feel a proper rear mudguard is uncool ?

98B488D9-13CF-4179-A32C-9AAC9C77ED1B.jpeg

HateClimbs

Nov 3, 2018
Cardiff
The Levo MY19 is a bit more tricky than the 2017/2018 as clearance is not as good. On my MY17, I have a Mudhugger Shorty but the clearance of the Shorty is not great with the MY29 Levo. Instead, I have installed the MH FR that was kindly provided by Jamie @ MH. Have been riding with this for a few weeks now and have not had any issues with clearance.

DA78C854-EA62-46A8-A83F-0DCE52151EAD.jpeg

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley
I use some MuckyNutz fat bike guards. When it is wet, i use one on my saddle rails too but it doesn't do too much! Front one keeps shite out my eyes and rear just keeps the bike a bit tidier.
After seeing the tight fitting guards above, mine look awful but they look better in person than they do in my picture (in my defense :p )
IMAG0170[1].jpg

Loving Levo

May 7, 2019
Bellevue, WA
Thanks, all! After looking at the suggestions above, I got a Mudhugger FR and cut it slightly (the material is very easy to cut through) to fit the rear; and a Muckynutz Full Face Fender for the front. They were easy to install and work great on my 2019 Levo.

Last edited:

jsmith811

Feb 22, 2020
Ky
Thanks, all! After looking at the suggestions above, I got a Mudhugger FR and cut it slightly (the material is very easy to cut through) to fit the rear; and a Muckynutz Full Face Fender for the front. They were easy to install and work great on my 2019 Levo.
Where can i order one

hbakken

Nov 27, 2018
Norway
Mudhugger is about the only effective rear guard I know of that works with suspension , but it’s aimed at keeping your back clean and has little effect on the lower area behind the motor .
The front one I have in the pic is the best front I’ve come across from pro guard , they do a neat little rear that protects lower area for those who feel a proper rear mudguard is uncool ?

View attachment 9243

have this rear mudhugger myself but haven't testet it yet. Well, do to how I think It looks.... but after what I've read here and other threads this might be the only one that actually protects your back instead of just. the bike?

I use the front MH on the back now, but it only protects the bike.

Any other good option for the rear?

DaveNewing

Feb 3, 2020
UK
You could try the Central Coast Bikes lower mudguard (see photo). This mounts using two bolts on the motor housing. I've then fitted a mudhugger onto the seat stay for full coverage. I bought the lower mudguard from ebay for about £16.
IMG_20200221_163729.jpg

RaDja

Apr 2, 2019
Belgium
If you'd like something a bit more comprehensive and doesn't require any modifications or bodging, we do a two piece rear mudguard that is designed for the 2019 Levo. View attachment 26521 View attachment 26522
I have been using this for a while on my 2020 Levo Comp and I am very satisfied there. The space between the tire is tight but just enough.
Only if you want to thoroughly clean the Levo does the rear wheel have to come out. Mud sticks to the mudguard that you cannot get sprayed away with the garden hose because the space is so narrow.
A very good product!

DaveNewing

Feb 3, 2020
UK
Anyone use this one for the motor? Looks well designed to not scratch the frame and bolts on to the motor housing?

Central Coast Bikes - Specialized Turbo Levos E-Bike Mudguard

Acch just noticed the post above, sorry!

But would appreciate an update
I went for the Central Coast design over the SicoMTB because I live in the UK. The SicoMTB design looks wonderful, but the mudguard isn't long enough to cover the rear wheel, so I would get plastered with mud in the winter. The Central Coast + Mudhugger combination doesn't look as nice, but the extra long Mudhugger keeps my back clean during the wettest of rides.

SicoMTB

Trader
Feb 24, 2020
UK
I went for the Central Coast design over the SicoMTB because I live in the UK. The SicoMTB design looks wonderful, but the mudguard isn't long enough to cover the rear wheel, so I would get plastered with mud in the winter. The Central Coast + Mudhugger combination doesn't look as nice, but the extra long Mudhugger keeps my back clean during the wettest of rides.

Hey Dave! We're based in the UK too! Interesting to hear you've been looking for a longer mudguard. A lot of our customers have been asking for a shorter version, so we've got a shorter one in the works. Shame we couldn't help but glad you got it sorted! (y)

DaveNewing

Feb 3, 2020
UK
Hey Dave! We're based in the UK too! Interesting to hear you've been looking for a longer mudguard. A lot of our customers have been asking for a shorter version, so we've got a shorter one in the works. Shame we couldn't help but glad you got it sorted! (y)
Hi. I think it all depends on whether you just want to protect your bike frame/motor from mud, or you and your bike. I know I'm going to get dirty riding in winter, but anything I can do to reduce it helps. You mudguard system does look far more professional than what I have done, but I'm looking for maximum mud protection.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles