Pic of the Day

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Where’s the ingin

In there, Fazua Ride 60, works well, plenty of power and nice and quiet. More drag with the motor off than the Specilized SL or Bosch lightweight motors. Controller on the bars is a nice idea, but feels flimsy.
IMG_4855.jpeg

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
McDowell?
Yes, but the first 2 pics are from Hawes (best spot in the valley as far as I am concerned). Did tech loop, long loop and sport loop for the first time. I never realized these were such fun trails. I live near Hawes, so most of my riding is there. I’ll definitely be hitting these trails at McDowell more often. Tech Loop has some fun drops.

Last edited:

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
Nice - how do you find out about these demo days?

Saw this in an email from the local bike shop, also announced on social media from the bike shop and the companies demoing there. It was a decent day, Transition, Pivot, Whyte, Yeti and Gas Gas all demoing.

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Wheelbase have recently posted their annual stavely shop demo day. I think they have a few shops around the country.
You need to be on their email list and don't mess around as they get booked up rather quickly.

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
In there, Fazua Ride 60, works well, plenty of power and nice and quiet. More drag with the motor off than the Specilized SL or Bosch lightweight motors. Controller on the bars is a nice idea, but feels flimsy.
View attachment 135662

At first glance it looks like a non assisted bike…….nice looking bike something to consider in the future 👌

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
At first glance it looks like a non assisted bike…….nice looking bike something to consider in the future 👌

You’re the third person to say this! I hadn’t considered it at the time, but it is really stealthy. It rides VERY WELL, capable and fun, with a nice quiet motor. It basically rides like a normal bike, and didn’t have any issues keeping up in a mixed group with ff e-bikes.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
What about riding at to low temperature (and killing the motor)?
It was actually +5c when I set off on the ride ..the snow was from the previous day and was melting ..
I did take @irie 's advice and replaced the batteries in the Purion ..which initially worked.. the display came on and the battery started charging then after about an hour went off again ..
Having spoken to the bike tech where I purchased the bike he seems to think it could be a wiring issue rather than a failed motor so the bike is booked in to be looked at on Friday ( fully booked until then )..but I'm taking it back tomorrow .
Either way it needs to be a quick fix ..hopefully the least expensive option !

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
It was actually +5c when I set off on the ride ..the snow was from the previous day and was melting ..
I did take @irie 's advice and replaced the batteries in the Purion ..which initially worked.. the display came on and the battery started charging then after about an hour went off again ..
Having spoken to the bike tech where I purchased the bike he seems to think it could be a wiring issue rather than a failed motor so the bike is booked in to be looked at on Friday ( fully booked until then )..but I'm taking it back tomorrow .

Does sound like the Purion is playing silly buggers ...

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020

I hope for you that the Purion is playing silly buggers and not water in the motor playing silly buggers 🤞🤞

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Biked in to Shenevall bothy . Only been once before its got to be thirty years ago I walked in and did the hill in the photo. No toilet this time I'm afraid just a spade . Very popular one this there were a few folk sleeping there . You could spend an evening reading the quotes on the walls , some really good ones. Ate the battery this one but a lot of turbo was used. I switched bike and app off as I was going in to bothy wouldn't reconnect presumably as no signal. This wouldn't be handy if you had issues with the tuning. And it does sometimes stop recording during a ride occasionally.
Screenshot_20240305_170832_Specialized.jpg

20240305_085839.jpg 20240305_091245.jpg 20240305_101123.jpg 20240305_101203.jpg 20240305_102428.jpg 20240305_102448.jpg 20240305_103037.jpg 20240305_104320.jpg 20240305_111750.jpg 20240305_112020.jpg 20240305_114812.jpg 20240305_122950.jpg

arTNC

Feb 1, 2024
Texas
@Cell4soul & @RustyIron
Where's the mud? There is supposed to be mud! :unsure:
Noooooooo!...I hate mud!:eek:...LOL! I tell ya, after decades of racing my state's dirt motorcycle enduro circuit, I've had enough mud. Even here in Texas, when it does rain, it pours. I've destroyed brand new chains and sprockets in less than one race on occasion during a muddy enduro race. I usually got two seasons out of most dirt bikes, and a good bit of it was due to the grinding nature of mud runs.

Since those days, I don't even ride my dirt motor, MTB, or EMTB if its noticeably muddy. But seriously, I get that my region allows me to do that because of our weather patterns, and even when I go out west to New Mexico, Utah, Colorado, and other western states, I can avoid most mud rides quite easily. And I realize that a lot of you folks live and ride in climates that have wet conditions as a pretty good norm. Just the nature of where we live.

Add to all my whining about mud the fact that it's just more fun for me to have big fat tires crunching and gripping on dry soil and rocks instead of slip sliding around in the goo... :LOL: ...but to each his own. I know some people like the goo...LOL!

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles