Pic of the Day

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I will need to google that as well. Achiltibuie and Drumnadrochit to you too.
I don’t know any of those Scottish terms. I’ll have to ask my wife …if she lets me. 😉

When Mount St Helen exploded, we got some ash fallout in Swift Current, Sask.

On a clear day I can see Mnt Baker from here.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Never been there, but my father-in-law was born in Scotland somewhere? Irvine clan. Family members recently visit the area. I’ll have to find out where exactly. The pictures were great 👍🏻.
Yes us Jocks have big ties with Canada and USA . Had quite a few holidays in Whistler I found a lot of friendly Canadians there.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Yes us Jocks have big ties with Canada and USA . Had quite a few holidays in Whistler I found a lot of friendly Canadians there.
Our daughter is getting married in Whistler in a few weeks. The whole clan will be there. No biking though. Snowmagadden probably.

Have you seen the price of a lift ticket in Whistler this year? 😥🤯, unbelievable.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Our daughter is getting married in Whistler in a few weeks. The whole clan will be there. No biking though. Snowmagadden probably.

Have you seen the price of a lift ticket in Whistler this year? 😥🤯, unbelievable.
I was there a couple of years ago met a UK guy who said the secret was get a residents season pass it was cheaper than my 12 day pass not sure how he went about getting one. Think I paid £700 at least for 12 days. I hope the grooms familyis paying for the wedding itwont be cheap there.. I had a wedding Ceilidh a couple of weeks ago a great excuse to put the kilt on enjoy

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Despite the weather two cracking rides at Kielder ( Wednesday) with Wayne @The EMF
20231025_120506.jpg

and Ant @timberjack at Whinlatter yesterday..which is still ( imo) the best trail centre in the country for riding an ebike ..
20231028_100614.jpg

IMG-20231028-WA0003.jpg

Last edited:

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
After a busy few weeks, I took a look at the weather forecast which said Cloudy all day. Packed the bike on and went up to Rivington for a quick ride. Well, it started raining just after I set off in the car and was blowing a gale at the top! Set off with a dirty bike and ended up with a clean one! :)

I've had to lighten the pics as it was that grey and I didn't want to depress anyone...
Wet n Windy Pike.jpg

This was me sheltering from the driving rain and really strong wind...

Cloudy Winter Hill Northwards.jpg

Great views to the north and Darwen Hill, Great Hill!

Wet n Windy Winter Hill Summit.jpg

Couldn't even see the main transmitter at the Summit (457m/1504ft)

Still, only did 13 miles but climbed 1600ft and burnt over 900kCals.

TimC7

Ovine Assaulter
Apr 22, 2023
UK
Nice day in Glos, maybe only one this week so made the most. Natural hazards; some friendly . .
20231030_133021.jpg

Lots of fallen trees - bridge over this one also crossed a ditch with no bail-out and a bit of a drop that's worse than it looks. Bridge was made of rotten slippy branches which was interesting with wet muddy tyres . .
20231030_134704~2.jpg

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
On a typical day I find myself passing by many unsanctioned trails that some well intention young lads have decided would be a great idea to build for one reason or another. Yesterday, I decided to take a tour down one of those trails as it can get a little routine riding the same trails listed on Trailforks, over and over, here on the North Shore. The trail started on on a moderate decline an suddenly went into a steep fall line with 3-4 foot drops/rolls. Nothing I couldnt handle on an average day but as it has been raining here for a few days, one such drop ended up on a diagonal root which promptly tossed me over the bars after my front tire gave way when I landed on the root. No injuries but my elbow pads dug two 3" ditches in the soft loam as I slid down the side of the mountain for a good 3-4 feet after landing. I love my elbow pads and never ride without them!
20231029_140646.jpg

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
On a typical day I find myself passing by many unsanctioned trails that some well intention young lads have decided would be a great idea to build for one reason or another. Yesterday, I decided to take a tour down one of those trails as it can get a little routine riding the same trails listed on Trailforks, over and over, here on the North Shore. The trail started on on a moderate decline an suddenly went into a steep fall line with 3-4 foot drops/rolls. Nothing I couldnt handle on an average day but as it has been raining here for a few days, one such drop ended up on a diagonal root which promptly tossed me over the bars after my front tire gave way when I landed on the root. No injuries but my elbow pads dug two 3" ditches in the soft loam as I slid down the side of the mountain for a good 3-4 feet after landing. I love my elbow pads and never ride without them!
View attachment 128036
That root looks so clean, maybe a few others have hit it too. Good thing you had elbow pads

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles