Pic of the Day

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
More rock than dirt around here so why not?

20240511_162425.jpg

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Cheers I'm up the road in Buckie working so might make a trip to ride it .cheers👍
Have a look on Trailforks. There’s a loop that’s about 11 miles that takes you up a Land Rover type track to the top, and then it’s good fun from there!

If you’re in the area, it’s definitely worth a look. Especially on a nice day.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
When Squamish goes well...

01 Value Added.jpg

02 Hiway to Hell LR.jpg

And when it does not...

03 Sam 1.jpg

03 Sam 2.jpg

The power of the FORCE is strong in this one...

03 Sam 3.jpg

The next pic was too graphic to show as squashed nuts were unfortunately found at the scene of the accident. He did walk away with some rib pain as well. Moral of the story, make sure you know the entrance to the trail and NEVER skid your back brake. EVER!

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
When Squamish goes well...

View attachment 140133

View attachment 140129

And when it does not...

View attachment 140130

View attachment 140131

The power of the FORCE is strong in this one...

View attachment 140132

The next pic was too graphic to show as squashed nuts were unfortunately found at the scene of the accident. He did walk away with some rib pain as well. Moral of the story, make sure you know the entrance to the trail and NEVER skid your back brake. EVER!
Looks like a sweet playground.

Yeah, Pin balling off tree's is never ideal. Looks like your mate needs a full face and some sort of shoulder armor for those sorts of antics.

luna87824

E*POWAH Master
Jan 19, 2019
Just South of The Grand Canyon
Off to Superior Arizona yesterday to explore the area. I had tried to find the historic wagon wheel tracks previously but the vehicle I had at the time couldn't make the entire route and it was a summer afternoon, and since I hadn't been there before, way too hot to try and find something in the Arizona desert.
The e-bikes were the perfect solution. Not only able to get through the off road trail with ease, but we saved a lot of time from having to hike in which meant we were able to see many other things and sites during the day we would have been unable to check out otherwise.
The tracks are the results of the ore wagons hauling silver ore from the Silver King Mine to the Pinal Mill on Queen Creek just west of this location during the late 1870s and early 1880s. The ore wagon road crossed a large deposit of welded volcanic tuff. This type of rock was not too resistant to the metal rims of the old wagon wheels carrying heavy loads of silver ore. The wagon wheels etched two deep ruts across this large deposit of welded volcanic tuff (ash). Each member of a mule team stepped in the same location as the mule ahead, thus the mule tracks also are visible today.

276152851_10166042225535587_1488288968323661800_n.jpg 276154892_10166042226510587_5004943717404792073_n.jpg 276205380_10166042227375587_739509987776272540_n.jpg OreTeams-edited-1536x925.jpg

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Great ride out with The Hodge ,EMF ,Dave ,Ant. and Alan, round at Applecross yesterday. Crack was brilliant they were very polite probably as i was a unknown guest , must have been at least a mile in to the ride before the British toilet humour started to creep in. Yes thanks lads for making me feel so very welcome . Weather was a lot better than the forecast said . Hopefully not too wet today as they were planning a good one.

20240512_130649.jpg

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
Great ride out with The Hodge ,EMF ,Dave ,Ant. and Alan, round at Applecross yesterday. Crack was brilliant they were very polite probably as i was a unknown guest , must have been at least a mile in to the ride before the British toilet humour started to creep in. Yes thanks lads for making me feel so very welcome . Weather was a lot better than the forecast said . Hopefully not too wet today as they were planning a good one.

View attachment 140175
Nice to see that there are so many guys in their prime riding emtb because I thought only toddlers did this sport.

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
When you shoot into the sun the auto-exposure reduces/stops down. Most phones/cameras let you compensate for that and get a better/brighter pic like this . . View attachment 140184
Thank you for helping 👍. I tried around with the Iphone 13 mini on that shot but did not succeed. Will play more with the camera app to get familiar and better shots.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
A trail I ride regularly is on the edge of an old coal-mining area. There used to be over 20 coal mines. Each one of them was pumping out colliery waste, known as slag in the UK. The waste was deposited in huge piles, known as slag heaps. Some of them were very large indeed. But that was many, many years ago and all that is left are the grassed over slag heaps and the pit head of the last coal mine Clipstone Colliery, which was closed in 2003.

At various times, the slag heaps have been levelled and/or rounded off and then covered over with sand and either left to nature or planted. The results depend upon when the work was done. We have forest from scores of years ago, or scrubby desert from the most recent work.

Here is a shot of the Clipstone colliery from the top of one of the old slag heaps. The yellow shrubbery is gorse, which is a very spiny shrub. It is very robust and is typically one of the first plants to arrive. You can still see the sand that was laid over the slag. This locationis one of the highest points for miles around. Follow the ridge from behind me and you get to the desert, which is literally, just sand. It could be in the USA except there are no cacti. :unsure:

Top of the world.jpg

Here is a climb through the gorse to get to the top. The trail is steep enough that rain washes away the sand, so the surface has been armoured with red shale. Even that has suffered with the relentless rain we've had in the past few months and the surface has just been scraped flat to improve accessibility for walkers.

Gorse climb.jpg

I wish that I had taken that shot on my previous ride as the gorse was in full bloom in brilliant sunshine and it was like riding up a luminous yellow tunnel. :love:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles