Pic of the Day

macp

Jul 30, 2023
UK
On holiday in malcesine Italy. And got a strong hankering to go riding. So I got this through bike extreme in the town. A nice bike KTM and really enjoyed it. Not ridden an FS emtb before with a dropper. They kind of just float over bumps. Heavy though. But to be expected.

IMG_3097.jpeg
IMG_3103.jpeg

Last edited:

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Sounds like something Bambam would have said after a night out...

Though he might have spelt walkers differently.

Heal up well.... How's the bike ?
Nothing major in the damage dept
It's a shame bikes don't heal themselves too -
Fair bit of superficial damage though
Bent my bars ,mullerd my grips ,bent brake levers and scratched master cylinders and calipers.
Bent rear derailleur and hanger
Dinged a rim
I think that's about it
Haven't checked it over 100% but it seems ok otherwise
Brakes will probably end up as land fill so that's most of the issues sorted

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Glen Tanar, Aberdeenshire yesterday. Finally some nice weather at the weekend! Felt like a novelty to be riding without some sort of waterproof on!!

View attachment 123987

View attachment 123989
Have to do Fungle and Firmouth on Ebike before winter it must be 15 years since I did the. Mount Keen from Tanner last year . Great area plus Tarland just along the way .

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Have to do Fungle and Firmouth on Ebike before winter it must be 15 years since I did the. Mount Keen from Tanner last year . Great area plus Tarland just along the way .
I've been up there the last few weekends. Some great trails, and loads of paths to rack up some serious mileage. A bit of forestry operation going on just now to disrupt things, but supposed to be complete in a couple of weeks.

Since it's nice weather, and the kids are back at school, I'm tempted to take Thursday off work and head to Tarland.
Hopefully if I start early enough, I can do a load of runs before it gets busy.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I've been up there the last few weekends. Some great trails, and loads of paths to rack up some serious mileage. A bit of forestry operation going on just now to disrupt things, but supposed to be complete in a couple of weeks.

Since it's nice weather, and the kids are back at school, I'm tempted to take Thursday off work and head to Tarland.
Hopefully if I start early enough, I can do a load of runs before it gets busy.
Only been once to Tarland April i think good day . Did Heartbreak Ridge that's about my limit now im getting wary as I'm older now. Plus I am usually on my own so a fall doesn't bear thinking about . I need a night in campervan there and recharge so I get two days. Corriehabbie hill tomorrow up at the Cabrach that's a good work out. Enjoy

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Only been once to Tarland April i think good day . Did Heartbreak Ridge that's about my limit now im getting wary as I'm older now. Plus I am usually on my own so a fall doesn't bear thinking about . I need a night in campervan there and recharge so I get two days. Corriehabbie hill tomorrow up at the Cabrach that's a good work out. Enjoy
Same here - just been to Tarland once. I went the week it opened before it got too busy. I enjoyed it, but their Insta looks like it’s really busy all the time, so I thought I’d wait until after the holidays until I try again.

I did Heartbreak Ridge twice last year one Sunday morning when it was 31degC, and whilst going up the second time, I started to wish I hadn’t! Hydration pack was practically empty, so it made it a tough climb. Worth it when you get to the top though, and it’d been dry for days, so the trail was A1.
If the sun stays out all week, I might head there on Sunday.

I’m in the middle of Aberdeen, so Aboyne can be less than 30mins in the car early on a Sunday morning before the Sunday drivers wake up. I’m really enjoying Chutney / Relish in the Balfour Forest near Glen Tanar which I’ve only discovered a few weeks ago. Nice fast flowing trails with berms, jumps, and rocky sections… with a convenient fire road to the top!

I’ve never ridden Corriehabbie before. The only trails I’ve visited up that way is Glenlivet a few times - which is decent enough.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Same here - just been to Tarland once. I went the week it opened before it got too busy. I enjoyed it, but their Insta looks like it’s really busy all the time, so I thought I’d wait until after the holidays until I try again.

I did Heartbreak Ridge twice last year one Sunday morning when it was 31degC, and whilst going up the second time, I started to wish I hadn’t! Hydration pack was practically empty, so it made it a tough climb. Worth it when you get to the top though, and it’d been dry for days, so the trail was A1.

I’m in the middle of Aberdeen, so Aboyne can be less than 30mins in the car early on a Sunday morning before the Sunday drivers wake up. I’m really enjoying Chutney / Relish in the Balfour Forest near Glen Tanar which I’ve only discovered a few weeks ago. Nice fast flowing trails with berms, jumps, and rocky sections… with a convenient fire road to the top!

I’ve never ridden Corriehabbie before. The only trails I’ve visited up that way is Glenlivet a few times - which is decent enough.
Corriehabbie is a hill track goes up to 740 mtrs and if you do Cooks Cairn as well you get a 30 miles ride on not too rough land rover tracks. The downhill off Corriehabbie is four miles long then a mile or so your back to the carpark . More chance of meeting someone on a horse than a bike. Simon Keys guided us round Tarland he had been 10 days on the trot so we got a good ride. I was surprised how much battery it used we got about 25 miles . Enjoy

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire

Just to say we went to Tarland mid week at the end of July. Got there after lunch and there were only two other cars in the car park. Went back the next day nice and early and it was a little busier but still no more than 8 or 9 cars

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
Thanks Bud
Freak accident right at the end of 2nd day in the Alps
Brakes had been a bit temperamental all day
Ì was nursing them back to the apartment to sort them out..
About 500 mtrs from the end of the trail I had total Brake failure and kept accelerating
I don't remember the impact
Woke up with a couple of paramedics, 2 of my mates and couple of walkers
Off to hospital -
Concussion , broken Clavical and no riding for 6 - 8 wks minimum
I feel your pain, hope you heel well. Not being able to ride is shite. 👍

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Just to say we went to Tarland mid week at the end of July. Got there after lunch and there were only two other cars in the car park. Went back the next day nice and early and it was a little busier but still no more than 8 or 9 cars
Newly open rush I imagine it was very busy the first few weeks . I find most of the places I've been Golspie or Laggan to name a couple its usually empty idweek anyway. There's just not the population up here i wonder how they manage to run them to be honest. I need to go back to Tarland though only about an hour and a bit from me. Just so many places ŵhere I want to go mostly hill areas rather than man made. Some unlucky people still have to work I hear haha. Get out there. Another sunny day the morn.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Yes, enduro soft and it`s working great. I like to ride same tires all year (except winter) and it looks like these are up to that task.
Thanks for info. I've been riding this summer's Enduro Soft rear tire mostly in bike parks and I've liked it.
Waiting for Enduro front Super Soft. They only now have a super soft version in the DH version.

Feb 27, 2023
Teesside UK
Thanks Bud
Freak accident right at the end of 2nd day in the Alps
Brakes had been a bit temperamental all day
Ì was nursing them back to the apartment to sort them out..
About 500 mtrs from the end of the trail I had total Brake failure and kept accelerating
I don't remember the impact
Woke up with a couple of paramedics, 2 of my mates and couple of walkers
Off to hospital -
Concussion , broken Clavical and no riding for 6 - 8 wks minimum
When coming round I hope your first words were "is my bike alright" 😁

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany

Rus Ler

Aug 25, 2023
SW Victoria, Australia

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles