Pic of the Day

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Yeah ..I know what you mean ..here's mine from a couple of weeks back on my last ride out with Richy & Wayne.. View attachment 113401
Double whammy as the pedal caught my shin on the way around ..and that hurt a whole lot more View attachment 113402
Thing is ..I don't use flat pedals and was taking a very small drop off down hill having just started again after closing a gate ...I thought I was clipped in ...nope! 😄
View attachment 113403
I will spare you the pics where it has become infected 😁
So remember kids ...always check that you are attached to the bike ..three hospital trips & 2x weekly trips to see the local nurse for check -ups means I wish I had taken my own advice 😂
Soft shite 😆

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
Well, that was a good idea to clean it yesterday….’ready for the summer’🙄
IMG_4077.jpeg

Steve38

Sep 10, 2020
Adelaide, Australia
Well… Kookaburra Retreat…

We were there, stayed in Workshop / Loft that same weekend!
Lol - cue "Twilight Zone' music

Funnily enough, the guy I was riding with I met on this forum a couple years back, after briefly bumping into one another at Kuitpo

He has a great You Tube Channel "Get Fit or Die Trying"
Heaps of Adelaide and regional SA Trails ridden and rated
Worth a look

Even get to see my lard arse in a few !

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
And no crash? :p
No Bike = No Crash ...

Did a mix of solo and team, solo where I know the trails well/have previously tidied the most, or ones I built in the first place which needed re-routing after logging - sometimes it's more efficient with one (4 guys came down the one I made a new start for yesterday morning, probably unaware they were the first down it and amazingly all on EMTB's) and Team on bits I've ridden once or making new sections which are normally closed off.

Lots of Ticks ! Beware anyone in Europe, seems to be crazy numbers this year. Took 15 !!!!! off the dog after one section. 5 later. 5 more this morning. 1 off me. One guy had one on his left testicle... Not sure who had the worst deal there.

No crashes, but one guy had a machette accident and cut through the tendons on the back of his hand, fortunately they emergency operated other wise you get shrink back and it's not easy.

Helping out for (running, so don't look if you don't run, though you can ride it if you're hardcore, it gets ridden as they film on bike and final course check is normally on e-bike) :

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Last day for this part of the trail build. Been here almost everyday for the past 4months. Rain, snow, hail and some mosquitoes lately. No 🐻 bears though.

IMG_6197.jpeg

Bike needs a rest after a 10km ride to the site.
IMG_6199.jpeg

I need a rest sometimes too.
IMG_6206.jpeg

There’s the end of this 1.5km trail.
IMG_6219.jpeg

A few jumps at the end of this section.

Tying into this jump line. This is just a warmup.
Chainsaw, sawzall, Rogue, small rake, shovel and a dirt-bag with two old tickets to Iron Maiden. Oh…and water.

Last edited:

IndigoUnicorn

E*POWAH Master
Sep 17, 2020
Las Cruces, NM
Last day for this part of the trail build. Been here almost everyday for the past 4months. Rain, snow, hail and some mosquitoes lately. No bears though.

View attachment 114165
Bike needs a rest after a 10km ride to the site.
View attachment 114166
I need a rest sometimes too.
View attachment 114167
There’s the end of this 1.5km trail.
View attachment 114168
A few jumps at the end of this section.
View attachment 114169
Tying into this jump line. This is just a warmup.
Chainsaw, sawzall, Rogue, small rake, shovel and a dirt-bag. Oh…and water.

Do you pack all that gear on your bike? Or, are you dragging a trailer?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Do you pack all that gear on your bike? Or, are you dragging a trailer?
No trailer …just backpacks. I use 3 different packs, which depends on what I’m planning to work on. I’ll stash the tools in the area but carry fully charged batteries with me almost each time.

The Evoc Trail Builder pack can carry a heavy load but the added weight can throw off your balance somewhat. The extra 15-20lbs gives ya a good workout during the ride. Sometimes I need to pack in materials and hardware also.

Trail Building Tip; Don’t leave your iPhone and energy bars in the same pack. The bear 🐻 will take it and run away. 😳

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Nursey said as I'd been a good boy and my wound was healing well I was allowed to go for a ride today as long as I was careful not to fall off ( obviously hasn't seen me ride 😂)..
Quite what the missus would say is another matter ..but she's in Turkey on a girls jolly holly..so while the cats away..
Did a Bolts Law there & back in the North Pennines and having travelled down in brilliant sunshine as soon as I got there it started to "persist" down ..oh joy ..but at least the recent Endura Singletrack ll jacket got a good workout ..(I've two MT500 Jackets and much prefer this one )
Some pics ..
20230510_125503.jpg
20230510_130239.jpg
20230510_130437.jpg
20230510_130448.jpg
20230510_131058.jpg
20230510_141052.jpg

Did I fall off ..hell yeah ..it ain't a proper ride without a tumble ..😁

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles