Snowy and muddy round Marple, uk
IMG_20201229_134606.jpg

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
Brrrr! Being a naive kid from Southern California I've wondered how well ebikes perform in cold weather. I see lots of pics of ebikes in sub-freezing conditions, even in Scandanavian winter! Do you guys experience any power loss due to reduced battery performance at these lower temps?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Brrrr! Being a naive kid from Southern California I've wondered how well ebikes perform in cold weather. I see lots of pics of ebikes in sub-freezing conditions, even in Scandanavian winter! Do you guys experience any power loss due to reduced battery performance at these lower temps?
Yes the battery range suffers in the cold temps, but also the conditions mean you are expending more power ploughing through the mud and snow, so you definitely see quite a range drop off in the worst conditions.

Last edited:

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
No actual power loss, ie the bike pulls as strongly as ever, but the range from a full charge appears to be a little lower, but it's hard to be objective about that, as there are so many other variables.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Sketchy conditions today and I got caught out a couple of miles from home? Black Ice 1 Me 0.
Bikes OK though ?. Purchased some overshoes as I couldn't feel my toes after being out the other day. They worked a treat (pain in the arse to put on though)

View attachment 48634

View attachment 48635

View attachment 48636

View attachment 48638

View attachment 48639

View attachment 48640
Looks a bit nasty ..ouch !
C2C..near Stanley / Beamish ..and is that also the Tanfield Railway?..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles