Pic of the Day

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
Petrie Creek Nambour Queensland Australia .
20210101_132213.jpg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Fancy trails?
Other than when I send my butler out in front with a broom to sweep pebbles & rocks off the trail ..what you describe as typical riding also applies over here ..
I'm assuming the fancy bit is your interpretation of our trail centres..?
?
I much prefer " natural " trails too...

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
Instances like that when you have to lift a heavy eMTB can be a real pain. I hope there weren't too many fallen logs (trees) along the trail that day!

There were a few .
Some we moved ,some we scaled over .

Picking the Levo up is ok .
I learnt some lift techniques from the EMBN boys .

Reaching over and putting them down is the problem . Holding the weight close to your body is ok . Extending and reaching out while lifting the weight changes the game dramatically .Tall fences are a challenge . I have done a few hike a bike efforts . But again holding the weight close is not as much of a strain as the up and over .

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Are you sure it's not your eyeballs fogging up?
It's so weird how my brain plays funny tricks on me. I used to do a lot of photography a few years back, and I would often shoot straight into the sun (or reflections of it) for visual effects - to capture or induce lens flares and such. When I look at prints of these photos... the intense glare would make me squint (I can almost feel a headache coming on). But the thing is, there is NO intense glare - I'm just looking at an image made up of white paper and increasingly darker ink. I get the same response when I grade these photos on my computer beforehand - the intense direct glare is only a replica made-up of various mundane shades of 256 colours from my monitor... but I still squint!

Below is a sample of my work. How's your migraine coming along? ;)

Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 2.12.40 PM.png

______

Back then I carry a bag with all my lenses, often during cold early mornings. I really hate it when they would fog up as soon as I pull them out of the bag. I just about had an identical knee-jerk response of annoyance - just from viewing those frozen UK trail photos back-to-back, then to a sudden switch of a hot desert (in Arizona presumably) from @Forever Wild, haha!
So yeah, you could be right... my mind's eyeball fogged-up. You know I've already confessed about my OCD, aye?

Your migraine abating yet? :cool:
BTW, my brain has thawed so my fog is all gone... ?

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
Reaching over and putting them down is the problem . Holding the weight close to your body is ok . Extending and reaching out while lifting the weight changes the game dramatically .Tall fences are a challenge . I have done a few hike a bike efforts . But again holding the weight close is not as much of a strain as the up and over .
Yep. The reason I got an emtb was because of a bad back. As soon as the bike is up & over the fence it gets dropped - no way i'm straining my back setting it down nicely ?

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
Fancy trails?
Other than when I send my butler out in front with a broom to sweep pebbles & rocks off the trail ..what you describe as typical riding also applies over here ..
I'm assuming the fancy bit is your interpretation of our trail centres..?
?
I much prefer " natural " trails too...

was not against you when I wrote this but I just wanted to point out ?, but yes it was trail center I mean, we do not have so many trail centers here but it is usually natural trails that the deer have trodden.

Well I agree, natural trails are much more fun.?

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Pateley Bridge this morning, started off clear/sunny with a few dodgy ice patches, then the snow came down pretty fast, hiding any ice underneath making for an interesting ride...
We ended up bailing early as we weren't sure if we could get our vans back up a hill

View attachment 48909
View attachment 48910 View attachment 48911
Your photos look like art gallery exhibits that’s been Photoshopped to preserve just one colour and turn the rest to B&W. ?? Interesting how yellow really stands out in a pleasing sort of way!

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Here's one from Dartmoor, yesterday. Really challenging ride in temps between 0 and 2 degrees, lots of ice, one stretch was over 200m, with rocks poking out all over the place. This was by far the best part of the ride though. At the highest point, after a taxing climb, with an awesome descent through fresh pow to follow!!!

20210101_100619.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles