Apr 27, 2020
Scotland
“Best plough in anyway“. ??

C320C806-ACC1-42CF-9A60-9CC84065D484.jpeg

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
First ride on the Orbea Wild FS H10 today , 21 miles of mostly forest tracks in tour and emtb modes but did one of the downhill trails from the mast down at Durris woods , impressed with the Fox 38 performance so far might need to remove a volume spacer but all in all pretty plush , set it to open and off you go ?

XT shifting crisp as usual , XT brakes really good after bleeding them ,

Build quality is good the frame looks carbon because you can't see many of the welds , paint finish really good especially after fitting Invisiframe ?

DT Swiss M1900 seem sturdy enough but I'm yet to give them some proper abuse ,

I can absolutely see the appeal of emtb's the turbo mode is a hoot ?

Arrived back at the van with 35% battery left so all in all I'm impressed with this emtb lark

Regards

IMG20210304155400.jpg

TrailBoB

Apr 27, 2020
Scotland
Nice plough, what make?
Don’t know the make. It is fixed at the side of the track, on one of the local trails. It looks the same as this one pulled by a couple of horses from your nik of the woods. It’s the same colour anyway ???. Looks like they have big rears. round your bit. ??. What’s black & white & eats like an horse? A Zebra. ???.

25BBB387-287D-4B5F-8167-6451DBBFDE83.jpeg

TrailBoB

Apr 27, 2020
Scotland
First ride on the Orbea Wild FS H10 today , 21 miles of mostly forest tracks in tour and emtb modes but did one of the downhill trails from the mast down at Durris woods , impressed with the Fox 38 performance so far might need to remove a volume spacer but all in all pretty plush , set it to open and off you go ?

Build quality is good the frame looks carbon because you can't see many of the welds , paint finish really good especially after fitting Invisiframe ?

Arrived back at the van with 35% battery left so all in all I'm impressed with this emtb lark

Regards

View attachment 54782
Looks the business. It’s very red???

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Completed for the most part a new trail section today lots of sword ferns were hurt by Mr. McLeod. Nothing like fresh brown pow, now for the fun part.

corner.jpg

jump.jpg

I figure to put a plank into that tree crotch for a little air time addition as the landing is good and maybe even one on the other side for a ride over.

wash out.jpg

Whilst scouting the next section possibility I came across this which will be hard to cross

Penttithefinn

Feb 3, 2021
Suffolk
Don’t know the make. It is fixed at the side of the track, on one of the local trails. It looks the same as this one pulled by a couple of horses from your nik of the woods. It’s the same colour anyway ???. Looks like they have big rears. round your bit. ??. What’s black & white & eats like an horse? A Zebra. ???.

View attachment 54806
Suffolk Punch's are a very strong, reliable horse, thousands going to the trenches in WW1, not coming back though. The name Punch comes from the shape of their belly, originally a stick that silk etc was wound onto giving the bulbous shape, later the barrel Puncheon from which the breed takes its name. The plough in this picture is probably a Ransomes, exported all around the world, when Ipswich was an engineering hub. They also had a factory in Newark on Trent, Ransome and Marles that painted their plough blue and red as well.

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Suffolk Punch's are a very strong, reliable horse, thousands going to the trenches in WW1, not coming back though. The name Punch comes from the shape of their belly, originally a stick that silk etc was wound onto giving the bulbous shape, later the barrel Puncheon from which the breed takes its name. The plough in this picture is probably a Ransomes, exported all around the world, when Ipswich was an engineering hub. They also had a factory in Newark on Trent, Ransome and Marles that painted their plough blue and red as well.
Ransome and Marles was a huge bearing manf in Newark upon Trent and a major employer......taken over by SKF.
my Grandad worked there for over 40 years and as a kid I was never short of penkers for my catapult.....them were the days ?

Penttithefinn

Feb 3, 2021
Suffolk
Ransome and Marles was a huge bearing manf in Newark upon Trent and a major employer......taken over by SKF.
my Grandad worked there for over 40 years and as a kid I was never short of penkers for my catapult.....them were the days ?
That makes sense, Ransome and Rapier made the revolving mechanism for the BT tower, having made railway turntables which are still in use in India and China today apparently. I bet those ball bearings were too big for a catapult !!!

CBSTD

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2020
thoK0north

Regards

View attachment 54782
Is that Durris behind Stoney

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles