Pic of the Day

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
That makes sense, Ransome and Rapier made the revolving mechanism for the BT tower, having made railway turntables which are still in use in India and China today apparently. I bet those ball bearings were too big for a catapult !!!
Depends upon the catapult!

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Dowies Trail in The Forest of Dean today
Almost dusty dry in places

IMG-20210305-WA0008.jpg

StuR

Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Dowies been doing some digging. Live 2 mins from the track and dowie lives up the road from me. Will go over for a ride tomorrow
Definitely worth a visit
Loads of forestry work been going on and some of the trails are a bit trashed as a result with loads of debris left where it dropped but still plenty to ride

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Cape Northumberland ...looks very nice and obviously named after the original county in England ...( little Geordie gets around ! )
The beaches here are also fantastic ..if we only had the weather to go with them ..but on the two days of the year which pass as summer when we have clear skies , hot days and no sea breeze ..they rival anywhere in the world ..?

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
A nice trip out today before probably being in the same place at the same time as a couple of mates on Monday for a ride ..of course it would be pure coincidence as nothing has been arranged ..?
Anyway ..Bolts Law route County Durham ( a short version ) ..
20210306_112111.jpg

A tad icy on the way to the trig point ..
20210306_121317.jpg

Above Rookhope on the C2C route ..
20210306_112531.jpg

Still a little snow hanging around ..
3 pics ..Oops I'm getting carried away again ?

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Ransome and Marles was a huge bearing manf in Newark upon Trent and a major employer......taken over by SKF.
my Grandad worked there for over 40 years and as a kid I was never short of penkers for my catapult.....them were the days ?
They also had a factory in Greencroft, Nr.Annfield Plain Co.Durham ..and were a major employer there too..

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
In the spirit of the above regarding washing stations......

bike wash view.jpg

I keep it pretty simple with just a hose end spray nozzle and a nice view. Trick is to get it while its snot not buggers so a quick wash after every ride keeps it up to my definitely different than most on here's bike"s clean standards.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
..And what a view !
I also have the same cleaning regime as I wouldn't be allowed to bring the bike indoors which is where it lives .
We also get a great sunset ..but with a view of the countryside rather than the coast..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles